Social vs Search Smackdown: A Battle of Internet Marketing Titans [Video Infographic]
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 6, 2012
Gather round and watch the smackdown as these two titans of digital marketing wrestle for 2012 marketing budget. Explore who wins when Social Media battles Search Engine Marketing - a video infographic by MDG Advertising.
Social media and search marketing are becoming more and more integrated as digital marketers realize their collective power for generating leads, building brand awareness, increasing local visibility, and maximizing interactivity. While they continue to prove their value as a potent pair, social and search each have their unique attributes and one often outshines the other in regard to specific online pursuits. To show how social media and search marketing match up to each other, as well as together, for achieving a variety of online advertising objectives, MDG Advertising developed this insightful video infographic.
Since lead generation is always a top priority for brands, digital marketers are constantly trying and testing different online strategies to achieve optimal results. Both B2B and B2C marketers agree that search marketing is more effective and efficient for generating leads than social media. So when it comes to leads, search clearly takes the lead.
Yet increasing brand awareness is an entirely different situation. While search is ideal for driving Web traffic and generating leads, social media can be a powerhouse when it comes to building brand awareness and maximizing brand exposure. In fact, these brand benefits are often cited as the main advantages of using social media in online advertising. For boosting brand awareness, social media takes the top spot.
With the issue of visibility for local businesses, the preference for search over social is surprisingly strong. Research shows that a whopping one-third of consumers depend on search engines to locate local businesses, while barely 3 percent rely on social media sites. Clearly, search marketing is the far-and-away choice when looking local.
Lastly, the goal of interactivity can be achieved by both social media and search marketing, yet more online marketers use social media as an interactive marketing tool. Social media offers limitless opportunities for communicating and connecting, which search simply cannot provide to the same extent.
Fortunately, marketers don't have to choose only search or social to achieve their online objectives. Using these tools in tandem can often deliver the best results and a better return. With new search algorithms factoring social media into search rankings, and social networks introducing search features of their own, marketers must embrace this new mutual marketing phenomenon. Search and social no longer stand alone. By using these tools together, marketers can develop stronger online advertising strategies that can make their companies stand apart.
To learn how to add the power of search and social media to your digital marketing strategy, contact MDG Advertising today at 561-338-7797 or visit http://www.mdgadvertising.com.
Standard YouTube License
- 26:20 Internet Marketing Strategy - Step by stepby Andrew R Edwards29,632 views
- 7:21 The Future of Online Digital Marketing 2012 -2015by raulabad.com42,728 views
- 5:18 Internet Millionaire Jeff Usner - Shares How You Can Make You $7,000 In A Few Minutesby Jeff Usner31,782 views
- 57:30 Philip Kotler: Marketingby Chicago Humanities Festival87,404 views
- 5:39 Top 10 Marketing Failures: Coke, Ford, Netflixby WatchMojo.com1,510,391 views
- 1:57 How to create an Animated Infographicby Rightcolours31,012 views
- 24:49 4 Principles of Marketing Strategyby Brian Tracy200,351 views
- 9 videos Play all Infographics | University of East Anglia (UEA)by ueaofficial
- 2:51 Online Marketing vs Traditional Marketingby Comnez Comnez68,685 views
- 14:54 This is Digital Marketing: From Ad Men to Math Men | Mediativeby Mediative27,372 views
- 11:11 The Crisis of Credit Visualized - HDby graphixmdp720,426 views
- 2:00 Max Milner performs 'Lose Yourself' / 'Come Together' - The Voice UK - Blind Auditions 1 - BBC Oneby BBC8,659,159 views
- 18:59 Seth Godin: How to get your ideas to spreadby TED614,280 views
- 4:07 WHERE GOOD IDEAS COME FROM by Steven Johnsonby RiverheadBooks3,327,753 views
- 7:45 How does Google search work?by GoogleWebmasterHelp357,014 views
- 1:49 The proof that we are soulmatesby Emanuele Colombo30,368 views
- 2:44 A Marketer's Guide to Pinterestby MDG Advertising110,569 views
- 2:10 The Effects of Social Media on Society and Marketingby vitrue93,672 views
- 1:11:36 Philip Kotler "Marketing"by anaheimu121,818 views
- 10:57 Videocast #02 - Tendências do Marketing Digital com Martha Gabrielby Fabulosa Ideia50,295 views