This video is unavailable.
Firework Katy Perry (David Osmond, Aubree Oliverson, Nathaniel Drew, & Salt Lake Pops Orchestra
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 3, 2012
Purchase this song on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fire...
Instrumental version: http://bit.ly/SLPops-Firework2
Braven Speakers (sponsors for this video)
Please help support them so they'll continue to help the orchestra out!
Music Produced By Nathaniel Drew. He can be reached at:
Find the orchestra on facebook :)
Sheet Music available: (vl.,va.,vc.,db.,pno.,tpt.,fhrn.,tmbn.,t
I recently went to talk with local high school orchestras and their directors about the Salt Lake Pops Orchestra and I was shocked to find very small orchestras. They were all very talented and dedicated to their instruments, but it seems that playing in an orchestra is no longer a popular or fun thing to do for most teenagers. When I was in high school for example, we had over 100 members to our orchestra. Now, some of these schools were lucky to break 30.
In contrast, I visited my old high school choir teacher Mr. Larson whom I admire greatly. We chatted about how different the choir is now. Strangely, it was a fun and popular thing to be a part of in our high school, though I know a lot of other high schools were struggling for members at that time. There were around 100 members to our a capella choir when I was there. I thought that number was huge back then. No one rivaled the numbers our choir could produce. Now there's over 160 members! That blew me away. I knew that part of why his choirs were so successful was because he was an amazing director and always expected a lot out of the choir. However, many of the local choirs have increased in numbers by a huge margin as well!
When I drove home I talked with my beautiful, and pregnant, wife about it. She simply stated that it was the "Glee effect". Suddenly it hit me. Choir has become cool! Glee is a television show that puts together popular music for choirs and makes it fun! Instead of singing the traditional madrigals and hymns the choirs are now singing Gloria Estephan, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Britney Spears, and Lady Gaga! No wonder it's popular.
This is music that is current, relevant, and speaks to the emotions of these teenagers. High school bands started updating their repertoires 50 years ago with modern compositions and have grown in size compared to the orchestras that I've seen decreasing in number everyday. Why are orchestras dying? Because they think playing only Beethoven, Bach, and Mozart is the only way to educate our kids within an orchestra.
The Revolution Symphony would like to present a solution. Play music that speaks to the people in your orchestra, potential orchestra members and your audience. Continue to play the incredible music of Beethoven, Bach and Mozart, but supplement that music with something that will excite your kids: popular music from artists they already listen to! Play Bruno Mars' "Grenade" or Katy Perry's "Firework"! Make YOUR orchestra current, relevant and FUN again! Even one song every concert could change things for your orchestra. To help you we've decided give our sheet music away for free. The individual parts. The score. Everything. You can even email us if you have special needs for your orchestra. We do ask for donations so that we can continue this revolution. It simply helps provide free music for others who don't have any money.
Every journey begins with one step. Watch the music videos. Download the sheet music. Talk to your students and parents. Donate or have your student's parents donate. YOU can change the culture of your orchestra. YOU can change the future of orchestras and orchestral music.
Moon Light Performers
Dr. Stephen and Aubree Oliverson are "Moon Light." Aubree is thirteen years old and teams with her father Stephen to perform their original compositions and arrangements. For Spanish Shoes, piano was composed by Stephen and Aubree did the violin. Aubree and Stephen enjoy performing this piece in concerts, especially when there is dancing to go with it! We are grateful to the national champion ballroom dancers of Provo High School for being part of this video. We invite viewers to subscribe to our YouTube channel--and you are welcome to visit moonlightperformers.com for Moon Light updates. Spanish Shoes can be downloaded at CD Baby, Amazon, Itunes, or other fine on-line music retailers. Aubree and Stephen were Utah Best-of-State winners for original composition and have shared their unique and inspired music with appreciative audiences across America. Their 3rd CD album "Dance Of The Fireflies" will be released August 1st 2012.
Standard YouTube License
- 48 videos Play all YouTube Mix
- 4:51 Bring Me To Life- Evanescence (Kerstin Tenney, Nathaniel Drew & the Salt Lake Pops Orchestra)by Salt Lake Pops OrchestraFeatured 194,536
- 4:06 Grenade by Bruno Mars (feat. Lindsey Stirling, Alex Boye', Nathaniel Drew & the Salt Lake Pops)by Salt Lake Pops Orchestra 1,798,324 views
- 5:13 Falling Slowly- Once (Feat. Jessie Funk, David Osmond, Nathaniel Drew, Salt Lake Pops)by Salt Lake Pops Orchestra 525,258 views
- 3:16 Electric Winter - Oboe Dubstep ft. Nicole Marriott and the Salt Lake Pops Orchestraby Salt Lake Pops Orchestra 81,732 views
- 7:30 Lindsey Stirling America's Got Talentby lukascool1000 1,980,323 views
- 4:25 Radioactive - Lindsey Stirling and Pentatonix (Imagine Dragons Cover)by lindseystomp 20,794,400 views
- 4:01 Taio Cruz Dynamite Full Symphony Orchestra Coverby KokoMcMonkey 672,384 views
- 3:44 David Osmond and Brothers Sing on Oprahby David Osmond 52,199 views
- 5:18 Calling America - Alex Boye (A song of patriotism and tapestry from an immigrant)by Alex Boye 345,381 views
- 5:54 Alex Boye - I Will Rise (Emi Yo Leke) ft. LDCby Alex Boye 1,388,620 views
- 4:26 Bruno Mars: Grenade - Symphony Orchestra Coverby KokoMcMonkey 541,529 views
- 2:55 Katy Perry Firework - Macy's Fireworks Spectacular - NY July 4th 2012by Jim Sgt 180,470 views
- 4:15 David Osmond's MS Story - The Today Showby David Osmond 12,012 views
- 3:50 Les Miserables - One Day More - Modern - the Salt Lake Pops Orchestraby Salt Lake Pops Orchestra 43,617 views
- 3:22 Lord of the Rings Orchestral Medley - Homage to The Hobbit 2012by Salt Lake Pops Orchestra 31,858 views
- 3:42 David Osmond - Today Is The Day.wmvby srh1987ad 18,134 views
- 3:17 Assassin's Creed III - Lindsey Stirlingby lindseystomp 8,393,962 views
- 4:10 Zelda Violin Duet- Lindsey Stirlingby lindseystomp 4,861,297 views
- 6 videos Play all Salt Lake Pops Orchestraby rarekaffe
- David Osmond Videos 15 videos527
- 3:34 Grenade- Bruno Mars (feat. Lindsey Stirling, Alex Boye', & the Salt Lake Pops)by Alex Boye 27,825 views
- 3:19 River Flows In You- Lindsey Stirlingby lindseystomp 8,069,827 views
- Loading more suggestions...