Obama speech out of context, Fox News out of control [w/Sean Hannity]
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 12, 2010
Clip from Fox News that Sean Hannity aired on his show; followed by the original clip from President Obama's speech on September 8, 2010 in Parma, OH, regarding tax cuts / extension.
As you can clearly see, Fox News deliberately cut the beginning of the clip off in order to make it appear that President Obama was saying that everyone's taxes would go up substantially next year, as though it was all his idea, and is his current plan, while in reality he was referencing the plans of the previous administration.
This is intentionally deceitful editing, and it should not be tolerated. I can't believe this shit is even on TV in this country.
OBAMA'S COMPLETE SPEECH:
--This clip begins at 24:10
HANNITY'S COMPLETE SEGMENT:
--This clip begins at 1:45
[Hannity]: "Now the President did have a rare moment of honesty during his speech, and I hope voters around the country are watching this:"
[President Obama]: "Taxes are scheduled to go up substantially next year, for everybody."
[Hannity]: "Alright, that's right I know the anointed one will make sure that that happens."
President Obama's statement in its entirety:
"I'll give you one final example of the differences between us and the Republicans, and that's on the issue of tax cuts. UNDER THE TAX PLAN PASSED BY THE LAST ADMINISTRATION, taxes are scheduled to go up substantially next year, for everybody. By the way, this was by design. When they passed these tax cuts in 2001 and 2003, they didn't want everybody to know what it would do to our deficit, so they pretended like they were going to end, even though now they say they don't."
Free speech does not include the right to intentionally deceive or mislead the American public; but that's precisely what Fox News does every day. If the news doesn't fit into their narrative, they will actually change the news story to fit.
While other networks may not be perfect, and some may even use some of the same tactics to support their own narrative, none are even close to as intentionally deceitful as Fox News. Their daily coverage of what's happening in our country and around the world is filled with clips just like this one, taken out of context to willfully deceive and mislead the American public, in order to support, their narrative at any cost. Their primary goal is not simply to get the news out to the country, as they'd have you believe; Their primary goal is to indoctrinate you in their own beliefs, regardless of the truth or the 'real' news. Every one of their shows, all day and night, is meant to shape your mind, rather than to give you the facts and let you make your own conclusions. They don't *want* you to think! They want you to be entertained & brainwashed, all the while having you believe you're getting the real news.
If, even after viewing clips like this one, you continue to watch Fox News, you need to realize that you are willfully taking part in the deceit of America. You are being used as a puppet, to vote the way they want you to vote.
Credit to "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" for uncovering this clip. I would have simply used the clip from the show, but since Viacom doesn't allow small custom clips to be embedded, I had to make my own. The clip from Sean Hannity's show is covered under Fair Use for Political Commentary, just as it was when it was ripped from Fox for The Daily Show.
The complete Daily Show segment can be seen here:
Standard YouTube License
- 4:49 Fox Lies - Cenk Busts Fox News On MSNBCby The Young Turks Featured 180,231
- 7:18 Bernard Goldberg embarasses Sean Hannityby beltwayjunky159,894 views
- 5:59 Barack Obama calls out FOX and Hannity for being hatefulby crooksandliars516,972 views
- 7:31 Shawn Hannity gets owned by Jesse Ventura on Shawn's own show.by NewsPoliticsChannel1,689,531 views
- 22:26 ROUND 2: Michael Moore on The Sean Hannity Show, Friday, October 9th, 2009by mmflint299,356 views
- 7:00 FOX News & Obama Aide Engage In Heated Exchangeby ThePatriotsMaxims124,594 views
- 35 videos Play all Fox News Bias in Its Video Editingby LiberalViewer
- 3:16 Obama Spokesman Crushes Sean Hannityby anyony2k2501,578 views
- 7:18 Why Fox News isn't newsby tnmv2761,129 views
- 2:22 Sean Hannity reveals his hate for Barack Obama!!by Banghouse282,502 views
- 6:48 Glenn Beck vs Jon Stewartby greenafghan28,198 views
- 7:15 Chris Wallace Tells Fox & Friends: Enough Obama Bashing!by johnny dollar246,156 views
- 5:00 Democrat Steve Murphy Confronts Hannity's B.S. About Obamaby Ellen Brodsky18,289 views
- 6:56 Bill O'Reilly Lies to Bill Maher on Fox News Misreporting Cost of Obama Trip to India?by LiberalViewer1,760,065 views
- 4:32 19 Sexiest Women of Fox Newsby Glen Lerner261,432 views
- 6:29 Sean Hannity Obama Victory Reactionby aeaexplorer245,678 views
- 3:14 Sean Hannity Gets Embarrassed On His Own Showby Tomthunkit4,942 views
- 4:40 Fox News Hannity Bitchslapped by Atheistby RealAtheism54,777 views
- 6:18 The Fall Of fox news - hannity's bash against Obama fails.by Dennis C. Latham27,036 views
- 3:07 Hannity Cropsby mediamatters4america52,566 views