SEN. MIRIAM SANTIAGO "ANG GAGAGO NAMAN!!" OUCH! AGUIRRE COVERED HIS EARS AN UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Feb 29, 2012
ANG GAGAGO NAMAN! MIRIAM SANTIAGO DIRECTED THIS TO WHOM? WHO ELSE BUT THE PROSECUTION! WHY DO YOU THINK THE PROSECUTION WANT THIS WORD "GAGO" REMOVED FROM THEIR JOURNAL? KASI, ANG SABI NI SEN. MIRIAM SANTIAGO, MGA PROSECUTORS ANG GAGAGO NAMAN! MGA GAGO KAYO AT ANG GAGAGO NAMAN MEANS THE SAME TO SEN. MIRIAM SANTIAGO. THEY'RE ALL IDIOTS AND STUPID!
Atty. Vitaliano Aguirre - How could you respect a person when that person herself does not show respect?
Sen. Miriam Santiago said the prosecutors were "anyayabang, anggagago naman (conceited, stupid)" for saying that they already have a strong case against Corona.
"When I heard the news yesterday, I felt like creeping back to bed and adopting a fetal position, which is the normal reaction of any sane person when he's faced with a world that is crumbling around him. I no longer know what universe I'm in because I've spent 5 years of my miserable adult life in trial court day after day after day hearing civil, criminal cases and special proceedings but I've never seen this done to a judge before," she said.
The Trial of Unfairness
Now that the House prosecution team has rested their impeachment case against Chief Justice Renato Corona, it will be the turn of the defense to present their witnesses and evidence to debunk allegations earlier hurled against Corona.
Instead of presenting all their witnesses and expounding the other articles of impeachment, the prosecution panel decided, as expected, to withdraw further presenting witnesses and even abandoned tackling the rest of the articles of impeachment.
The abrupt decision of the House panel has valid grounds.
First, in all appearances, the presiding judge, Senate President Juan Ponce Enrile, has been subtly showing biases against the prosecution team. For several times, Enrile unilaterally stopped the presentation of witnesses and documentary evidence. In fact, his decisions were unchallenged when they were supposed to be deliberated first by the rest of senator-judges.
But to save time and effort, and for the convenience of the defense team, Enrile would make his own ruling as if he is alone in the impeachment court. "So ordered," so he said and banged the gavel.
Second, it is very obvious that some senators don't want to evaluate the merits of the impeachment case. All their opinions, from the very start of the impeachment proceeding, have been leaning on defending Corona, believed to be the alleged defender of former Pres. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo.
Senator Joker Arroyo, for instance, has nothing to do but vigorously inject doubts on the motions of the prosecution team.
The rest of the senators are, by the way, simply spectators, not understanding anything of what's going on inside the impeachment court. But to save their faces from the ridicule of the thinking public, some of the senators would stand and throw some irrelevant, nonsense, self-explanatory questions.
What is the business of the likes of Bong Revilla, Lito Lapid, Titto Sotto, etc sitting as senator-judges? If not because of their showbiz popularity, they should have been somewhere else other than at the impeachment court.
And finally, here's the consistent rant of Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago. She has nothing but criticism against the prosecution team. Not only does she rudely criticize, she also keeps insulting these congressmen, some of whom are lawyers too like Santiago herself, implying she alone has the monopoly of legal knowledge. At one point, she uttered the word "gago", to sum up her argument against the prosecution team.
The defense team alleged that Senator Franklin Drilon is biased against Corona. But why is no one questioning the obvious unfairness of Senator Santiago? She had made the prosecution team look incompetent, dumb, idiot, ignorant, name it. Isn't she supposed to act as an impartial judge and evaluate the merits of the case, or is she tasked to defend the chief justice?
Granting that she is biased for Corona, the lady senator must refrain from lambasting people, treating them as if they were her pupils. The nation is watching, and our people are not happy with that.
There is no question that this impeachment trial will be decided not based on merits but based on political affiliations.
The Filipino people must decide next year whether they should still elect or re-elect unfair and arrogant senators.
"You cannot make those contemptuous gestures and get away [with] it," she said.
Standard YouTube License
- 5:53 Santiago to Tupas: I give you a grade of 3, in UP, that means I pass you but I warn you 1/2by ANC videosFeatured 99,199
- 3:23 SEN. MIRIAM SANTIAGO "MY HIGH IQ DICTATES THAT I WITHDRAW MY MOTION TO SUSPEND" MAR ROXAS CONFIRMED!by PINASWATCHER1 28,755 views
- 1:53 24 Oras: John Santos, nag-ala Miriam Santiago at bumanat pa ng pickup linesby GMA News and Public Affairs 37,499 views
- 3:59 SEN. MIRIAM SANTIAGO IGINISA SI SEC. DINKY SOLIMAN: SHOW ME GOD! BLACK AND WHITE MOVEMENTby PHILIPPINES: POVERTY IS A REAL THING 24,564 views
- 14:58 SINONG NILOLOKO 'NYO, ABS-CBN?by Kengkoy Aquino 332,209 views
- 15 videos Play all Senator Miriamby edgeritsuka
- 18:55 Santiago to Tupas: I give you a grade of 3, in UP, that means I pass you but I warn you 2/2by ANC videos 57,827 views
- Miriam Defensor Santiago 543 videos71
- 4:06 Miriam wants prosecutor cited in contemptby Rappler 8,956 views
- 6:08 Sen. Santiago irked when Atty. Lim of prosecution argued with herby ANCalerts 71,224 views
- 3:43 QRT: Atty. Aguirre, pinatawan ng contempt dahil sa pagtakip ng tengaby gmanews 7,342 views
- 30:03 Miriam speaks at CEU - 11 January 2013 (Part 1)by Miriam Defensor Santiago 10,314 views
- 6:00 Sen. Lito Lapid interviewby jhoews 73,469 views
- 4:50 Miriam DEFENSOR Santiago during the impeachment trialby Vince Martin 51,876 views
- 7:44 Santiago to prosecution: Let me educate you (re: hearsay rule)by ANCalerts 27,453 views
- 2:46 MVP to Gina Lopez: Now you're lying!by Rappler 27,546 views
- 20:15 Miriam goes ballistic, says CJ not guiltyby ABS-CBN News Online 54,259 views
- 22:09 Sen. Miriam Santiago holds press conference on #CJontrialby ANCalerts 18,858 views
- 8:09 Santiago to Tupas: Let me bring you to our happy memories of the UP College of Lawby ANCalerts 28,652 views
- 3:56 Sen. Miriam Santiago's reaction on Tulfo-Santiago brawl; Netizens spoof of their ownby DC Anderson 282,414 views
- 2:45 SEN MIRIAM SANTIAGO - STEP OUT! IF YOU ARE NOT LISTENING TO MY SPEECH!by PINASWATCHER 87,083 views
- 9:00 (Part 2) Abogadong Nagtakip ng Taenga sa Senado, Sinabon ni Miriam Santiago!by TVprime2012 2,214 views
- Loading more suggestions...