Group bharatanatyam performance classical indian dance 2
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 2, 2010
Sadhanchitha is about rishi Patanjali (author of Yoga Sutras) who went to receive Nataraja's darshan and sang him praises, accompanied by various devas.
Natyanjali festival 2010, bharata natyam by Harinie Jeevitha ( http://indiandancer.org ) and other dancers
bharatnatyam / bharathanatyam
Bharatanatyam has a divine origin. Devas asked Brahma to create a Veda that would be
understood by the Sudras, as Kali Yuga was nearing: "When the universe was overcome by
desire, greed, jealousy and anger, when people became slaves of pleasure and pain, Brahma
was moved to create a form of entertainment seen and heard and understood by everybody at
the same time, as people could no longer understand the mystic and ambiguous scriptures".
Bharata natyam was created "not merely for pleasure, but to embody the cosmic relationships
and expressions (bhava) for all the worlds. So this performing art follows the worlds'
movements in all activities and states: work and leisure, calm and laughter, fight and wars.
It will confer righteousness onto the righteous, a moral restraint for the unruly, and
discipline for the those who are guided by rule. It will teach wisdom both to the ignorant
and the learned. It will provide entertainment for kings, and it will console the miserable
ones. Natya will express all the moods and passions of the soul. It will incorporate all
kinds of the deeds: the noble, the mediocre and the mean"
Thus Brahma created the the Fifth (Panchama) Veda, or NatyaVeda, a quintessence of the main
four Vedas, by combining Pathya (words) of Rigveda, Abhinaya (communicative elements of the
body movements, cf. mime) of Yajurveda, geetham (music and chant) of Samaveda, and rasam
(vital sentiment and emotional element) of Atharvaveda. Then Brahma handed NatyaVeda to
rishi Bharata to write it down and spread it in the material world. Bharata-guided the
demigods (Gandharavas and Apsaras) in performing natya, nrtta and nrtya before Shiva. Natya
Shastra came to be the fundamental authority on the technique of classical Indian dances,
especially Bharatanatyam and Odissi, as well as Kuchipudi and Mohiniattam. Some prefer to
believe the term "Bharatnatyam" owes its name to rishi Bharata.
Bharata along with the apsaras and gandharvas performed Bharatanatyam for Shiva who asked
Thandu Maharishi to develop it further into a Thandava (which only much later came to mean
"masculine") style of dance, the Cosmic Dance of Shiva. Shiva imparted Lasya Natya to
Parvathi who taught it on to Usha (the daughter of Banasura). Usha passed it on to the gopis
of Dwarka who then taught the women of Sowrashtra.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:37:23 Chú tiểu Thích Chân Tâm 5 tuổi ( Toàn tập )by Kim Dung Featured 392,856
- 5:14 Varnam - Group bharatanatyam performance classical indian dance 3by indian2dance36,501 views
- 5:12 HJ1:Authentic (real) Bharatanatyam Bharatnatyam Indian danceby indian2dance2,329,467 views
- 8:23 P1 Bharatanatyam Bharata natyam Bharatnatyam Indian danceby indian2dance63,629 views
- 8:29 Bharatanatyam - authentic classical Indian danceby indian2dance845,911 views
- 10:41 Manju Warrier performing Kuchipudi at Nishagandhi Festival(1), Thiruvananthapuram.by Monsoon MediaLive28,683 views
- 12:13 Dancer Shobana performs at TSR-Tv9 Film Awards - Tv9by Tv9 Telugu8,696 views
- 3:46 Savitha Sastry Bharatanatyam Performanceby Savitha Sastry1,545,713 views
- 1:52:57 Maya Ravana - In The Spirit Of The Ramayanby Shemaroo24,433 views
- 3:31 Shahrazad und Chandrakala-Asian Tribal part 1by Shahrazad C. Huisman350,187 views
- 6:26 SHIVAE SHIVAE DVD-SHOBANAA-WWW.THARANGINEE.COM BHARATHANATYAM SCHOOLby Shobanaa bhalchandra44,700 views
- 3:15 Savitha Sastry - Ninda stuthi extract from nrtyopaharam - Bharathanatyamby Savitha Sastry44,691 views
- 5:11 Hema Malini Ji and Daughters Devi Dance : 04_11_2010_10_27_35Hema Malini.mpgby Joe Kohli183,300 views
- 1:33 She is 4 years oldby whowholla15,843,765 views
- 7:13 Bharatanatyam Performance by 1000 dancers - RajaRajeswaram 1000by SanskritiSeries61,986 views
- 9:12 Amazing performance in Telugu classical dance ....... I never seen before Really good oneby vraghavendracse7,978 views
- 2:19 Bharathanatyam group -kalingan nartanamby Sheela Unni36,352 views
- 7:01 Indian dance on foreign dance floorby kanha671,837,161 views
- 4:52 Bharatanatyam The Dance of Shiva - DVDby SanskritiSeries64,333 views
- 8:56 Performance Ready/Chapter 2 - Make-up for Bharatanatyamby Dhirana Movement6,049 views
- Loading more suggestions...