Published on Jul 28, 2012
The Duracell Powermat 24-Hour Power System provides some convenience and flexibility to your charging options. It make a great bed-side companion, since it is such an easy way to charge your iPhone without having to fiddle with any cable. The small lithium-ion back-up power source is both small and light, and will also neatly fit on the Duracell Powermat.
- Easy way to charge your iPhone without the use of wires...super easy to connect. In fact, this is probably the best possible charging system for the elderly and/or people who have issues with finger dexterity.
- The Lithium Ion battery back-up has the connections built-in. This is a really nice feature, and it keeps you from having to keep track of additional wires.
- Teh Lithum ion back-up is also small and lightweight. It is smaller and lighter than a deck of cards.
- The Powermat has a nice sleek look - the devices fit on very symmetrically - which gives the Powermat a un-cluttered look.
While the Duracell Powermat has some nice features it also has a few disadvantages.
Areas for improvement
- The case that is provided MUST be used. The case is very slick and could easily be dropped (especially with wet hands). (-) Half Star
- The case is also fairly flimsy, and I am concerned that it will not provide much protection in the event that I drop the iPhone. (-) Half Star
- The Lithium-ion battery back-up will not work with an iPad. Since my iPad 2 will not accept the charge I am assuming it is because the battery back-up does not provide enough amperage to charge the iPad. (-) Half Star.
- While I like the Lithium Ion back-up, there are other battery back-ups on the market. I wouldn't buy the Duracell Powermat just for the this back-up.
Final Verdict - While I see some advantages to the Duracell Powermat 24-hour Power System, I also see a couple of things that are pause for concern. I do believe that it is perfectly suited for people who may struggle in plugging normal charges into the device, but for everyone else... this seems like a very pricey device for an item that is more of a convenience than a necessity.
3 1/2 Stars
Please Note - I received this product for reviewing purposes