Jamie Oliver's TED Prize wish: Teach every child about food
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 12, 2010
http://www.ted.com Sharing powerful stories from his anti-obesity project in Huntington, W. Va., TED Prize winner Jamie Oliver makes the case for an all-out assault on our ignorance of food.
Jamie Oliver is transforming the way we feed ourselves, and our children. Jamie Oliver has been drawn to the kitchen since he was a child working in his father's pub-restaurant. He showed not only a precocious culinary talent but also a passion for creating (and talking about) fresh, honest, delicious food. In the past decade, the shaggy-haired "Naked Chef" of late-'90s BBC2 has built a worldwide media conglomerate of TV shows, books, cookware and magazines, all based on a formula of simple, unpretentious food that invites everyone to get busy in the kitchen. And as much as his cooking is generous, so is his business model -- his Fifteen Foundation, for instance, trains young chefs from challenged backgrounds to run four of his restaurants.
Now, Oliver is using his fame and charm to bring attention to the changes that Brits and Americans need to make in their lifestyles and diet. Campaigns such as Jamie's School Dinner, Ministry of Food and Food Revolution USA combine Olivers culinary tools, cookbooks and television, with serious activism and community organizing -- to create change on both the individual and governmental level.
Join Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution: http://www.jamieoliver.com/campaigns/...
TEDTalks is a daily video podcast of the best talks and performances from the TED Conference, where the world's leading thinkers and doers give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes. TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design, and TEDTalks cover these topics as well as science, business, development and the arts. Closed captions and translated subtitles in a variety of languages are now available on TED.com, at http://www.ted.com/translate. Watch a highlight reel of the Top 10 TEDTalks at http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/top10
Follow us on Twitter
Checkout our Facebook page for TED exclusives
Standard YouTube License
- 1:29:28 Sugar: The Bitter Truthby UCtelevisionFeatured 3,522,870
- Jamie Oliver's Food Tube 460 videos233K
- 20:19 David Blaine: How I held my breath for 17 minby TEDtalksDirector 2,388,032 views
- 20:09 Mark Bittman: What's wrong with what we eatby TEDtalksDirector 282,135 views
- 34:10 Dan Gilbert: Why we make bad decisionsby TEDtalksDirector 283,232 views
- 18:51 Pamela Meyer: How to spot a liarby TEDtalksDirector 1,382,820 views
- 20:04 Sir Ken Robinson: Do schools kill creativity?by TEDtalksDirector 4,721,293 views
- 10:06 Nathan Myhrvold: Cut your food in halfby TEDtalksDirector 111,003 views
- 23:11 Philip Zimbardo: The psychology of evilby TEDtalksDirector 455,333 views
- 21:59 Aimee Mullins: The opportunity of adversityby TEDtalksDirector 215,240 views
- 1:43 This is Chicken? - Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution | Promo Clip | On Air With Ryan Seacrestby ryanseacrest 142,935 views
- 34:06 Evelyn Glennie: How to truly listenby TEDtalksDirector 682,498 views
- 18:29 Sarah Kay: If I should have a daughter ...by TEDtalksDirector 1,479,594 views
- 9:45 Maz Jobrani: Did you hear the one about the Iranian-American?by TEDtalksDirector 737,234 views
- 22:42 Richard Dawkins: Why the universe seems so strangeby TEDtalksDirector 732,781 views
- 6 videos Play all Jamie Oliver's Favorite TEDTalksby celebrityplaylists
- 29:33 Bill Gates on energy: Innovating to zero!by TEDtalksDirector 570,280 views
- 17:51 James Randi: Homeopathy, quackery and fraudby TEDtalksDirector 449,877 views
- 22:31 Tony Robbins: Why we do what we doby TEDtalksDirector 5,585,562 views
- 23:31 Aubrey de Grey: A roadmap to end agingby TEDtalksDirector 495,377 views
- 18:02 JJ Abrams: the mystery boxby TEDtalksDirector 283,795 views
- 22:12 Dan Buettner: How to live to be 100+by TEDtalksDirector 274,575 views
- Loading more suggestions...