Egyptian Discoveries Enlighten, Support the Bible
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 20, 2010
Darwin Was Wrong, Evolutionary Scientists Admit -
Archaeology: Digging for the Truth of the Bible - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWawVU...
And the LORD said: 'I have surely seen the oppression of My people who are in Egypt, and have heard their cry because of their taskmasters, for I know their sorrows.'
The Bible tells us that at the beginning of the Israelites' 430-year stay in Egypt, they were well respected for Joseph's sake. Later, when the Egyptian leadership forgot how Joseph saved Egypt, it began making their lives difficult.
One of the most enlightening archaeological finds from the period of Israel's captivity is a settlement called The Village of the Place of Truth. Excavators at the city have found homes, letters, notes, court records, work diaries and wills dating from this period. The village was home to those who built the royal tombs. While there is no evidence that the Israelites ever lived in the village, what has been found has revealed much about life in Egypt when Israel was there. We learn that Egypt had a tradition in which every citizen put in at least one year of service to the government. Those out of favor could be forced into years or even a lifetime of forced labor. However, it was considered an honor to work on the royal tombs, and it seems unlikely that the Israelites had much to do with them. The Bible tells us that the Israelites did, however, make bricks. That could include the very bricks that built the Village of the Place of Truth. Finally we learn that pigs were a staple among such workers, which certainly would be repugnant to the Israelites.
Archaeologists have concluded that the biblical record of Israel's stay in Egypt has too many accurate details about Egypt to be nothing more than a legend.
Prayer: I thank You, Lord, for knowing my sorrows and bringing me salvation. Amen.
References: Biblical Archaeology Review, 1-2-99, pp. 36-45, "Pharaoh's Workers."
Standard YouTube License
- 52:14 Amazing Archaeological Discoveries Recently Made in Jerusalemby Bible Prophecy332,866 views
- 51:38 The Bible Unearthed 1. The Patriarchsby tarasskeptic193,648 views
- 50:27 Israel In Ancient Egypt - Archaeological Proofby spamagee59022,412 views
- 1:20:53 Archaeology: Digging for the Truth of the Bibleby Dave Flang371,777 views
- 1:20:53 Archaeology Digging for the Truth of the Bible - Dr. Don Pattonby slaves4christ6,806 views
- 23:56 The Naked Archaeologist: Who Wrote the Bible?by BiblicalArchaeology10,629 views
- 11 videos Play all biblical archaeologyby redwine65
- 9:55 Archeology Proves The Bibleby GodIsReal10172,244 views
- 10:18 8/13 "The Bible's Buried Secrets" - Archeological Methodsby cheburashka132628,130 views
- 10:01 Amazing Recent Discoveries That Confirm Bible's Accuracy (4 of 6)by lagosz133,926 views
- 1:41:52 Piramides de Egipto ,Verdad Reveladaby ISHTAR delaTIERRA502,372 views
- 2:11:40 The Story of Ruthby Anon Mission359,607 views
- 1:51:40 The Bible's Buried Secretsby Eleonora Mazzanti359,425 views
- 1:20:53 100% Archaeological proof of the Bible found in Israel!!!!by 88kmitchell52,826 views
- 10:00 Amazing Recent Discoveries That Confirm Bible's Accuracy (1 of 6)by lagosz132,437 views
- 1:20:22 Archaeological Evidences Found Proving the Bible is Truthby CircumciseYourHeart8,210 views
- 45:16 The exciting witness of Bible archeologyby KeytotheBible10,066 views
- 1:03:01 Egyptian Chronology and the Old Testamentby Dave Flang20,497 views
- 44:58 Forbidden Knowledge ; Lost Secrets of the Bible (Documentary)by EsotericHaven623,241 views
- 4:18:27 The Visual Bible - The Gospel Of Matthewby teron491,011,935 views