Disposable Razors - Extend the life of your blade -easy & fast
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 20, 2009
Disposable Razors - Learn more at http://www.instructables.com/id/How-t... - if you join instructables.com - please vote for this video (it's in the Contest!)
This video shows a simple method of extending the life of an ordinary disposable razor blade for months and months and months. Razor blades are very expensive and most people use the blade for a week or more until it gets dull, then you change it to a new one. By using this simple 'Blue Jean Sharpening Method' it will extend your blade life and receive a sharp and smooth shave for months and months.. I don't know how long it will work as I am still using a blade that is at least 6 mos old now and I'm still using it...
When you finish shaving... walk to your closet... pull out one leg of a pair of blue jeans... hold the end with one hand and with the other simply stoke the razor along the entire length of the blue jean for 10 to 20 strokes... I like 20... then switch directions... the threads of the jeans run in a diagonal so switching directions allows for an balanced approach to fine tuning the blade's edge.
This is similar to using a straight blade on a leather strap... this is cheap or free considering you have a pair of jeans!
It will take the fine nicks out of the blade and allow for you to keep the blade very sharp.
I also sharpen the blade 20 strokes ''before '' and ''after'' each shave just for good measure.
I also blow on the blade to knock off any water droplets and oxidation/rust is the biggest enemy of a sharp razor blade.
If you want, you can drop your razor 'blade down' into a cup of rubbing alcohol to store it until next use to eliminate any traces of water.
This should save you tons of money... at the time of this video Gillete Fusion 4 blade pack sales for $13.99 + tax. if you generally get one week's worth of use per blade this will run you $167.88 per year + tax! If you get 6 mos per blade then you can extend your use for two years. The math works out to $7.50 per year + tax (two blades at $3.50 per ea)
Hope you get lots of shaves'' for free!''
Standard YouTube License
- 19:24 FEATHER JAPANESE STYLE RG RAZOR: IS THIS HOW REAL MEN SHAVE? Non-Folding Straight Styleby geofatboy Featured 75,515
- 6:25 Hot Contestant on Wheel of Fortune.mpgby MPKral18,419,637 views
- 5:18 Etching A Blade With Hot Vinegarby lewisrazors427,106 views
- 10:25 A Razor Cut Haircut Featuring The Paul Mitchell Carving Combby DonaldScottNY293,435 views
- 4:20 How To Extend Razor Blade Lifeby mantic5976,052 views
- 2:31 How To "Sharpen" and resue An Old Razor Blade Methodby ureviews30,224 views
- 2:09 Razor Renew - Sharpening Toolby The Grommet31,136 views
- 6:11 STRAIGHT RAZOR STROPPING: HOW TO PREPARE BLADE FOR a SHAVE: STROP BEFORE SHAVING & RAZOR CAREby geofatboy191,864 views
- 0:58 Chill A Coke In 2 Minutes!by kipkay7,618,769 views
- 7 videos Play all Sharpeningby chainheart3
- 1:00:12 Razor Making Overview, From Start To Shavingby lewisrazors49,184 views
- 31:20 Straight Razor Shaving for Beginnersby Lynn Abrams17,624 views
- 2:48 Jamie Kilstein destroys hecklersby CitizenRadio498,222 views
- 5:42 supernatural revealed in indiaby yazid20052,617,310 views
- 4:00 Quick & Easy: Best Knife Sharpening Techniqueby shilohtv351,044 views
- 46:09 Straight Razor/Safety Razor Shaving Tutorialby Charles St. Michael4,283 views
- 5:10 How Its Made - Double Edge Razor Bladesby corporalclegg48387,064 views
- 10:38 How to Shave with a Safety Razorby Raoul Pop421,530 views
- 1:39 How to Sharpen and Reuse Your Razor Blades for Yearsby terrypun521,972 views
- 11:58 Double Edge Shaving 101by smallflowertv75,995 views