Disposable Razors - Extend the life of your blade -easy & fast
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 20, 2009
Disposable Razors - Learn more at http://www.instructables.com/id/How-t... - if you join instructables.com - please vote for this video (it's in the Contest!)
This video shows a simple method of extending the life of an ordinary disposable razor blade for months and months and months. Razor blades are very expensive and most people use the blade for a week or more until it gets dull, then you change it to a new one. By using this simple 'Blue Jean Sharpening Method' it will extend your blade life and receive a sharp and smooth shave for months and months.. I don't know how long it will work as I am still using a blade that is at least 6 mos old now and I'm still using it...
When you finish shaving... walk to your closet... pull out one leg of a pair of blue jeans... hold the end with one hand and with the other simply stoke the razor along the entire length of the blue jean for 10 to 20 strokes... I like 20... then switch directions... the threads of the jeans run in a diagonal so switching directions allows for an balanced approach to fine tuning the blade's edge.
This is similar to using a straight blade on a leather strap... this is cheap or free considering you have a pair of jeans!
It will take the fine nicks out of the blade and allow for you to keep the blade very sharp.
I also sharpen the blade 20 strokes ''before '' and ''after'' each shave just for good measure.
I also blow on the blade to knock off any water droplets and oxidation/rust is the biggest enemy of a sharp razor blade.
If you want, you can drop your razor 'blade down' into a cup of rubbing alcohol to store it until next use to eliminate any traces of water.
This should save you tons of money... at the time of this video Gillete Fusion 4 blade pack sales for $13.99 + tax. if you generally get one week's worth of use per blade this will run you $167.88 per year + tax! If you get 6 mos per blade then you can extend your use for two years. The math works out to $7.50 per year + tax (two blades at $3.50 per ea)
Hope you get lots of shaves'' for free!''
Standard YouTube License
- 2:31 How To "Sharpen" and resue An Old Razor Blade Methodby Ureviews: Reviews, Opinions and moreFeatured 7,182
- 4:20 How To Extend Razor Blade Lifeby Shave Tutor 58,812 views
- 5:50 Straight Razor Sharp Testsby Pure Gloriousness 155,418 views
- 1:39 How to Sharpen and Reuse Your Razor Blades for Yearsby terrypun 485,537 views
- 8:01 How To Shave Like A Manby justinwak's channel 487,512 views
- 2:29 How To Remove A Blade From A Disposable Razorby learntoloveyourscars's channel 42,148 views
- 1:59 NEW Razor Sharpener....RazorPit - IT REALLY WORKS!by shopmasc 32,526 views
- 8:13 How To Shave With A Single-Blade Razorby mantic59 412,440 views
- 1:29 Cut up your credit card the right wayby creditcardstv 149,982 views
- 4:00 Top 7 Tips for LIFEby VlogBrothers 647,493 views
- 2:40 sharpening a knifeby johnjayrambo11111 215,037 views
- Razor 14,251 videos13
- 5:10 How Its Made - Double Edge Razor Bladesby corporalclegg48 276,638 views
- 9:53 Knife and razor blade honing and stropping How-toby Ima Karr 8,876 views
- 8:52 The Ten Minute Traditional Wet Shaveby mantic59 414,797 views
- 1:54 MADtv - Spishak Mach20by HiVoltDSLR 395,790 views
- 1:16 How To Sharpen Your Knife With A Cupby BrownFuzz23's channel 330,527 views
- 10:38 How to Shave with a Safety Razorby raoulpop 341,932 views
- 5:28 How to sharpen a chainsawby doublewide6's channel 39,987 views
- 2:29 Sharpening Disposable Razorsby Urban Hippy 4,061 views
- 13:57 Lifehacker - The Best of the Lifehacker Showby Lifehacker 128,446 views
- Loading more suggestions...