Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 24, 2009
This is the story of how I proposed...
Claudia had been asking me to shoot a zombie movie for a while; she knew how much I wanted to make one and since zombies are very close to my heart, I wasn't going to deny her. It was also around this same time when the subject of marriage started sneaking its way into our conversations more and more often...
Now she took some of the suspense out of the moment by saying, almost verbatim, "I'll say yes whenever you ask me, just as long as the proposal kicks ass." This is great news to hear, no doubt, but it also adds a little pressure to the situation. So I decided that the best bet was to add more pressure by not only proposing, but shooting a zombie movie as well!
When I told Claudia that I had written up the zombie movie, and that hopefully we would start the production soon, she was very excited and immediately wanted to know if she could be in it. I told her that she could play a brief part as my zombie love interest if she wanted, which she did. But she didn't realize that the whole film was going to be about her...
Then the planning started...I sold my car to get some money for the movie but more importantly for the ring, and I started talking to my coworker Ronni about how to make this happen. Luckily for me, Ronni is awesome and has a crew of great friends and talented artists that were able to get things underway. Claudia surprisingly didn't ask me too many questions about the movie during this time, and those questions she did ask I was able to pass off strangely vague answers with little to no meaning. If she had been paying attention, I think the plot of the movie changed about three times whenever I brought it up. Anyway, fast-forward a few months and now there is a crew of around 20 people that all know what's going to go down, even her sister Stephanie who is in the movie playing the girl who tries to steal my ring; everybody knew but Claudia. She was in make-up for most of the shoot, so she didn't see most of what went on...she only got called in for her scenes at the end.
Needless to say, like on any film set, there were an insane amount of problems: the RED camera we had for the shoot broke down, the dry ice...well it didn't live up to our expectations to say the least...the lights we brought in died and the temperature was somewhere around 20 degrees. When we finally got everything set up, our 6 hour shoot schedule had to be done in 45 minutes before the sun set...but it was probably the most fun I've ever had shooting any film and the crew, especially Ronni, did an awesome job. And besides, how can you go wrong with zombies, a zombie cat and an angry human tree who disapproves of everything you do?
And of course...the most important part...SHE SAID YES! So now I have the rest of my life to look forward to also :P
So here it is...she knew that there was a proposal scene at the end of it, but I had thrown her off the scent well enough that she NEVER suspected it was a real proposal...After the final take, we kept the cameras rolling and when it came time to ask her to marry me again, this time it was for real.
I couldn't be happier :)
Also, the song I used for this is called Big Trouble by the band Man Man. They're AWESOME.
And check out our wedding cake!
Standard YouTube License
- 1:28:23 Made out Alive a free zombie movieby James Garrigan883,677 views
- 12:44 COD Nazi Zombies in Real Lifeby V2rocketproductions801,627 views
- 9:49 Greatest proposal ever! Cory and Tabithia "Love Story"by tabithiasmith224,449 views
- 7:59 Zombie Movie Pt.1by pimpstenator383,145 views
- 4:10 Once in a Lifetime Wedding Proposalby spiderjay623780,309 views
- 22:06 Sonic Zombie Originsby Balenaproductions2,167,110 views
- 3:59 Interactive zombie movie adventure - DELIVER ME TO HELL - REAL ZOMBIES ATTACKby HellPizzaNZ9,999,629 views
- 6:59 Greatest Marriage Proposal EVER!!!by MattandGinny28,688,643 views
- 6:10 Left 4 Dead - The Movie (Part 1)by ColinandConnor10,809,042 views
- 13:58 Dallas & Sarah's Zombie Weddingby Dallas Slieker6,114 views
- 4:55 The BEST movie theater proposal EVER!!!by andrewmanzano929,663 views
- 5:41 Marriage Proposalby Michael Terry67,906 views
- 1:31 AMAZING Genuine Marriage Proposalby CakeGroup1,804,732 views
- 1:28:24 Invasión Zombie - La película en españolby MurAlX805,459 views
- 4:04 Rob and Jen's Dead Island Riptide Zombie Wedding Competition entryby Rob B9,706 views
- 8:33 The Most Romantic Proposal Ever - Most Romantic Wedding Proposal - Very Cute and creative ideaby entwine141,541,692 views
- 5:21 Zombie Thriller Wedding Danceby ZombiDance12,240 views
- 3:21 The World's Most Creative Marriage Proposal? A Graffiti Mural Time Lapse.by GurwinProductions560,039 views
- 2:48 There's Something In That Shell - Marriage Proposalby michael arias615,241 views
- 14:05 Surprise Marriage Proposal In Spain! (10.04.09 - Day 157)by CTFxC4,151,007 views
- Loading more suggestions...