HotForWords - Eye Candy
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 23, 2010
Follow me on TWITTER HERE http://twitter.com/hotforwords Join me on FACEBOOK HERE http://www.facebook.com/hotforwords
Check out http://bit.ly/feshIT to meet hot Russian eye candy! Find my profile at 1603000...
Where did the expression "Eye Candy" come from?
Hello my dear students!
Hello my dear students! Today...
Am I like blocking your view or something?
Anywho, lately I've been wondering why so many people have been staring at me everywhere I go.
I wasn't sure what to make of that. Could being called eye-candy be the reason why everyone has been staring at me? What is eye-candy? And is this guy next to me still staring at me?
I'm sorry but is there a problem here?
No. Not at all. I've been eyeing your candy actually.
You've been eying my what? How dare you!
Your candy. You haven't touched it or eaten it.
Can I have it?
Oh! HotForWords investigates "Eye-Candy."
Sorry, I'm saving it for later.
Never am I going to that bar again.
Oh sorry, hehe. These things are kind of addicting.
Speaking of addicting, I realized that just like candy, people can visually have an addicting appeal to them.
Lets take for example Anna Kournikova! She's is definitely hot, right? Russia seems to breed some seriously hot women, right?
Well, eye-candy is defined as someone or something that is visually arresting, visually appealing to look at!
But, why eye-candy?
Well, the candy part was added to phrases because candy is so good! But candy is also empty calories, which is why the candy part attached to phrases is not always the best thing!
You have arm-candy for example. Arm-candy is defined by the Oxford English Dictionary as: a physically attractive companion, especially one escorting a more celebrated or influential person at a social event (often with the implication that the association is temporary or expedient).
So, having arm-candy is a good thing.. BEING arm candy, maybe not so much!
Gorby, are you my arm-candy? Oh.. I'm YOUR arm candy? Really???!!!
The nerve of him!
The phrase that directly lead to eye-candy though was ear-candy!
Ear-candy? I've never really thought of ears as being sexy, have you? Though studies have shown that men with big ears are more attractive than men with small ears. I wonder why BIG ears? Hmmm...
Well.. ear-candy actually has nothing to do with the look of ears... but rather with music. In 1977, Helen Reddy, the singer, came out with an album called "Ear Candy" and due to the popularity of that album, the phrase ear-candy was born, to decribe music that was instantly appealing, and easy on the ears - as her music was just that. - the easy-listening type. Not necessarily profound music, but easy to listen to, nonetheless.
Which is how we got the phrase eye-candy.
A year later, in 1978, when the TV show "Threes Company" came out, a newspaper borrowed from the Helen Reddy album title and described the TV show as "eye-candy" for its sensual content and hot, sexy people!
The phrase made its way into the common vernacular shortly thereafter.
Show a screen shot of Anastasia Date... some hot pictures of women! Marina then looks up..
Now, that's a LOT of eye-candy!
Now, people used to use the term eye-candy to refer to someone who was pleasing, maybe arousing to look at, but perhaps with not much else to offer.. but I think that came from jealousy..
That part of eye-candy seems to have gone away and being eye-candy is not such a bad thing anymore! Right? I certainly dont mind having a hot people around me all day, right?
Shot of Marina with Einstein, Dostoyevsky (shots of smart people throughout history, not good looking people.. again, Marina likes SMART people.... not good looking.)
How did he get in there?!!!
For your homework, who or what do you consider eye-candy?
Please write your answers in the comments below.
Standard YouTube License
- Partner rating: TV-Y (Learn more)
- 4:48 Masturbation Dayby HotForWordsFeatured 1,540,923
- 3:40 AK-47by hotforwords 9,484,981 views
- 6:37 Hot Female Russian Tennis Playersby hotforwords 963,244 views
- 9:23 HotForWords - Newbie & Dragon Oathby HotForWords 559,913 views
- 2:49 HotForWords - Guess the Word II (2)by hotforwords 1,159,352 views
- 88 videos Play all Inet hot for words playlistby gbgeka
- 5:51 HotForWords on the O'Reilly Factor Showby sarahwoome 237,758 views
- 4:19 Hot for Words Valentine's Day Bill O'Reillyby highdefnow 75,838 views
- 0:42 intelligence is sexy etymology philologyby opSEXi 26,728 views
- 2:48 Paparazziby HotForWords 17,846,650 views
- 4:32 Euphemismsby HotForWords 670,492 views
- 1:56 Life In A Day - no life :-)by TheOnlyLuca 15,356,586 views
- 5:07 Sexiest Geek by Wired Magazineby HotForWords 12,446,473 views
- 0:38 Million views !by hotforwords 11,177,250 views
- 1:50 HotForWords - Cosplay Rocks!by HotForWords 139,636 views
- 1:18 HotForWords - What I like to do in bed! Librocubicularistby hotforwords 314,389 views
- 6:15 HotForWords - Lesbiansby hotforwords 637,297 views
- 6:12 HotForWords - Mail Order Brideby hotforwords 237,294 views
- 3:09 HotForWords - HotForWords - Pop Quiz!by HotForWords 266,506 views
- 4:17 Why is Sphinx missing its nose?by hotforwords 390,036 views
- 9:36 HotForWords - Stereotypes!by HotForWords 328,110 views
- Loading more suggestions...