This video is unavailable.
Michael Moore: Occupy Wall Street will only get bigger
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 22, 2011
Get money out of politics! Sign this petition if you think your democracy has been hijacked by lobbyists, this is not a partisan issue: http://www.getmoneyout.com/
This movement is not about left & right, it's about the fact that lobbying has corrupted the democratic system. We can all agree on this issue and there's no need to be fragmented by partisan ideology.
How not to get co-opted: Lessons from an ex-tea partier-http://www.reddit.com/r/occupywallstr...
Declaration of the Occupation of New York City:
As we gather together in solidarity to express a feeling of mass injustice, we must not lose sight of what brought us together. We write so that all people who feel wronged by the corporate forces of the world can know that we are your allies.
As one people, united, we acknowledge the reality: that the future of the human race requires the cooperation of its members; that our system must protect our rights, and upon corruption of that system, it is up to the individuals to protect their own rights, and those of their neighbors; that a democratic government derives its just power from the people, but corporations do not seek consent to extract wealth from the people and the Earth; and that no true democracy is attainable when the process is determined by economic power. We come to you at a time when corporations, which place profit over people, self-interest over justice, and oppression over equality, run our governments. We have peaceably assembled here, as is our right, to let these facts be known.
They have taken our houses through an illegal foreclosure process, despite not having the original mortgage.
They have taken bailouts from taxpayers with impunity, and continue to give Executives exorbitant bonuses.
They have perpetuated inequality and discrimination in the workplace based on age, the color of one's skin, sex, gender identity and sexual orientation.
They have poisoned the food supply through negligence, and undermined the farming system through monopolization.
They have profited off of the torture, confinement, and cruel treatment of countless nonhuman animals, and actively hide these practices.
They have continuously sought to strip employees of the right to negotiate for better pay and safer working conditions.
They have held students hostage with tens of thousands of dollars of debt on education, which is itself a human right.
They have consistently outsourced labor and used that outsourcing as leverage to cut workers' healthcare and pay.
They have influenced the courts to achieve the same rights as people, with none of the culpability or responsibility.
They have spent millions of dollars on legal teams that look for ways to get them out of contracts in regards to health insurance.
They have sold our privacy as a commodity.
They have used the military and police force to prevent freedom of the press.
They have deliberately declined to recall faulty products endangering lives in pursuit of profit.
They determine economic policy, despite the catastrophic failures their policies have produced and continue to produce.
They have donated large sums of money to politicians supposed to be regulating them.
They continue to block alternate forms of energy to keep us dependent on oil.
They continue to block generic forms of medicine that could save people's lives in order to protect investments that have already turned a substantive profit.
They have purposely covered up oil spills, accidents, faulty bookkeeping, and inactive ingredients in pursuit of profit.
They purposefully keep people misinformed and fearful through their control of the media.
They have accepted private contracts to murder prisoners even when presented with serious doubts about their guilt.
They have perpetuated colonialism at home and abroad.
They have participated in the torture and murder of innocent civilians overseas.
They continue to create weapons of mass destruction in order to receive government contracts. *
To the people of the world,
We, the New York City General Assembly occupying Wall Street in Liberty Square, urge you to assert your power.
Exercise your right to peaceably assemble; occupy public space; create a process to address the problems we face, and generate solutions accessible to everyone.
To all communities that take action and form groups in the spirit of direct democracy, we offer support, documentation, and all of the resources at our disposal.
Join us and make your voices heard!
*These grievances are not all-inclusive.
Go to http://occupytogether.com/ & start your own occupation!
Donate $9.17 to the Media Fund to continue reports from the front line. You can visit the page here: http://bit.ly/ol1rSy
Original uploader: http://www.youtube.com/user/MOXNEWSd0...
troy davis keith olbermann Let's "Deal With It Nonviolently Now"
Standard YouTube License
- 12:40 You Dont Believe in UFOs? Watch This!!! - Recent Mass UFO Sightings 2011by Xzibit4you2seeFeatured 5,145,030
- 6:58 Occupy Wall Street protester speaks outby RTAmerica 129,772 views
- 2:36 Ice T's gun comment leaves Moore coldby CNN 528,293 views
- 7:31 Michael Moore vs. Bill O'Reilly Pt. 1of 2by thefaisalj 3,141,277 views
- 1:34 Jon Stewart Scolds Rachel Maddow and MSNBC for Saying 'Teabagger'by DronetekPolitics 513,721 views
- 14:56 CNN Gets Blitzed by Michael Mooreby mmflint 1,985,172 views
- 18:46 Peter Schiff Speaks for 1 Percent at Occupy Wall Streetby ReasonTV 455,823 views
- 6:33 Occupy Wall Street Protest Enters Second Week; 80 Arrested at Peaceful Marchby democracynow 58,060 views
- 2:02:20 Michael Moore - Fahrenheit 9 11 Full Movie with dutch subs.by fcbbarcacity1 99,779 views
- 6:46 Mike Myers visits Occupy Wall Streetby Mark Ledzian 352,510 views
- 4:07 FOX Mocks Wall Street Occupationby PigMine3 72,503 views
- 3:17 Occupy Wall Street -- America's own Arab Spring?by RTAmerica 52,519 views
- 3:00 Scary New Message from Anonymous!by neweffectmedia 2,716,228 views
- 6:04 What We Saw at the Occupy Wall Street Protestby ReasonTV 180,476 views
- 0:33 Occupy Wall Street Commercialby Noillusionz 221,382 views
- 2:59 New York Occupy Wall Streetby mydailycomplaint 39,873 views
- 2:16 'Occupy Wall Street' Protests Turn violent' - ABC Newsby PlanetEarthAwakens01 236,111 views
- 10:19 Michael Moore @ Occupy Wall Streetby FluxRostrum 158,414 views
- 5:32 [Orignal full version] 1 Marine vs. 30 Cops (By. J. handy)by BklynJHandy 9,379,569 views
- 8:01 Nobody Can Predict The Moment Of Revolution ( Occupy Wall Street )by ivaasks 226,688 views
- Loading more suggestions...