Uploaded on Dec 3, 2011
EDIT: List of clips (in order) is here - http://imgur.com/a/cXstd
The 2011 slate of releases, from The Adjustment Bureau to Zookeeper.
This is where a cathartic and overarching statement would succinctly sum up the year's displays of creativity, passion, ingenuity, and bravado, but the only thing that comes to mind is: weird shit. Lots of weird shit.
War horses and evil clowns. Hobos with shotguns and super-powered Nazi hunters. Cancer comedies and a silent warrior in a scorpion jacket. Iconoclasts, conspirators, madmen, and crusaders. And a badass David Tennant. What's not to like? Something for everyone.
- 166 films
- 6 songs
- over a month of uploading and editing
- 40 Untitled Sequences in Avid
1. A snippet of "Hedwig's Theme" by John Williams
2. "Immigrant Song" by Karen O and Trent Reznor
3. "Down Boy" by Yeah Yeah Yeahs
4. "The Masterplan" by Oasis
5. "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Ingrid Michaelson
6. "Grounds for Divorce" by Elbow
There are a few omissions in this year-end anthology. Missing films include:
- Abduction, because fuck that movie.
- Jack & Jill, because fuck that movie.
- Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chip-Wrecked, Mars Needs Moms, Mr. Popper's Penguins, Bucky Larson, Atlas Shrugged: Part I, and I Don't Know How She Does It, for similar reasons.
- Justin Bieber: Never Say Never, Glee: The 3D Concert Movie, and The Human Centipede 2, because I edited this in a public place and people would've looked at me funny.
- No Strings Attached, because the video had this weird green line at the bottom and I didn't care for it.
- Win Win, The Sitter, and The Greatest Movie Ever Sold, because I found nothing visually striking in their trailers.
- Arthur Christmas, Jumping the Broom, Something Borrowed, and Gnomeo and Juliet, because I was struck by an incredible apathy towards all of them.
'Immigrant Song' by Karen O and Trent Reznor remains courtesy of The Null Corporation, © TM & Copyright 2011
'Down Boy' by Yeah Yeah Yeahs remains courtesy of Fontana Interscope, © TM & Copyright 2007
'The Masterplan' by Oasis remains courtesy of Sony, © TM & Copyright 1998
"Can't Help Falling in Love'' by Ingrid Michaelson remains courtesy of Cabin 24 Records, © TM & Copyright 2008
"Grounds for Divorce'' by Elbow remains courtesy of Geffen Records, © TM & Copyright 2008
All material remains property of their respective owners. This is a non-profit experiment, for entertainment purposes only, and is not aimed at breaking copyright laws.