Risen 2: Dark Waters interview with Daniel Oberlerchner - Gamescom 2011
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 22, 2011
Risen 2: Dark Waters interview with Daniel Oberlerchner, Senior Brand Manager for Deep Silver - Gamescom 2011
Brought to you by http://www.gaminglives.com
Follow us: http://www.twitter.com/gaminglives
Like us: http://www.facebook.com/gaminglives
Risen 2 Preview...
The gameplay was fluid and the textures were better than expected, assuming that the rigs on the show floor would have been a more mainstream set up than most PC gamers would have at their disposal, and it was exactly what you'd expect from a follow up to Risen... except with pirates. I'd like to be able to comment on the dialogue options but, as I don't speak Germany beyond "Ja wohl Herr Schmidt" (points to anyone who gets that reference), I can't say whether it offers more choice than the original game BUT there were certainly a lot of options available and in our presentation with Daniel Oberlerchner the following day, we noticed a great deal more humour than before.
Read the full Gamescom preview here:
Set several years after the end of Risen, raging titans have devastated the world and pushed humanity to the brink of existence. Subsequently, monstrous creatures have risen from the watery depths of the sea and their attacks have brought all seafaring to a grinding halt. The hero, now a member of the Inquisition, is sent out to find out how to stop the chaos caused by these creatures from the deep. His quest begins with rumors that the pirates who frequent the southern islands are the only ones who know a way to get rid of the creatures once and for all and end their reign of terror.
With an all-new pirate-based theme, Risen 2: Dark Waters aims to combine the most loved classic RPG gameplay mechanics of the original Risen with a fresh theme and setting on a huge variety of themed island locales. A third-person role-playing game set in a dark and gritty universe, Risen 2: Dark Waters maintains the most immersive features of the original Risen, withmultiple approaches to every challenge allowing players to shape the game world based on their own decisions. These choices will serve to unlock new paths, features and additional skills for the character. Together with a highly interactive environment and a full day/night-cycle affecting countless aspects of the game world, Risen 2 will be set in the most immersive RPG game world so far.
The eagerly-awaited successor of Risen will set sail worldwide for consoles and PC. For a first immersion into Risen 2: Dark Waters, three illustrations giving a first glimpse of the beautiful new game world can be found on the official game teaser site at www.risen2.com
Standard YouTube License
- 25:43 Risen 2 Gameplay - GamesCom 2011by Dark Bauer9,847 views
- 24:41 Risen Walkthrough (Part 1)by ScorpioN13th5,425 views
- 12:01 Risen 2 - GamesCom 2011 Teil 1by ChingachungaRC27,986 views
- 11:38 Risen 2 - GamesCom 2011 Teil 2by ChingachungaRC10,808 views
- 12:42 Risen 2 Dark Waters - Gamescom 2011 Gameplay č. 4by wwwrisencz719 views
- 3:43 Risen 2-Interview im Soundbereichby 95JAN593,548 views
- 11:34 Gameswelt besucht Piranhia Bytesby 95JAN593,770 views
- 6:42 GC 11: Risen 2: Dark Waters interviewby gamereactorTV540 views
- 3:08 Risen 2: Interview+ingame scenesby 95JAN5913,282 views
- 4:35 Privatinterview mit Björn Pankratz auf der RPC 2011by 95JAN591,223 views
- 2:17 Risen 2-Interview mit Daniel Oberlerchnerby 95JAN593,896 views
- 5:37 Risen Test - Gamepro Videoreviewby zakabgamer12,193 views
- 7:30 Risen 2: Dark Waters Review - ZGRby Zeitgeist Game Review64,422 views
- 12:11 DOTA 2 Gamescom interview with Valve's Erik Johnson (Defense of the Ancients 2)by GamingLives8,892 views
- 1:23 Deus Ex: Secret conversation in Battery Parkby Markworth17,140 views
- 5:03 Borderlands 2 interview with Gearbox concept artist Scott Kester - Gamescom 2011by GamingLives3,516 views
- 3:47 Risen Review - Xbox 360by Alloy 7 Video3,176 views
- 8:26 Risen Interview mit Piranha Bytesby Traccer921,413 views
- 14:50 GDC 2011 Risen 2 and Dead Islandby Zeitgeist Game Review79,268 views
- 22:00 Risen 2 Angry Reviewby AngryJoeShow573,139 views
- Loading more suggestions...