Kevin Garnett: 'I don't have Ray Allen's number anymore'
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Sep 28, 2012
WALTHAM -- In his first press conference since the departure of teammate Ray Allen, Celtics center Kevin Garnett told reporters gathered at Media Day, "I don't have Ray's number anymore. I'm not trying to communicate with him. I'm just being honest with everybody in here. It's not that I wish him less than or whatever, it's just what it is."
Allen and Garnett both arrived in Boston prior to the 2007-08 NBA season, when the pair made a championship run alongside Paul Pierce. Garnett illustrated his loyalty to the Celtics, signing a three-year, $36 million extension.
"My No. 1 reason for coming back, obviously, was Doc," said Garnett. "Doc being here is huge. I enjoy playing for him. The guys, the city, the fans here are by far the best fans that I've ever been a part of, and all that stuck with me -- along with some family motivation and other things of that nature. ...
"You want to be in a position where you can still contribute and still give something. I don't know how Danny talked me into three years. I'm enjoying my journey here. I know it sounds lame and kind of cheesy, but coming in here, preparing, doing what I love, all those put together is why I'm here."
Meanwhile, Allen reportedly turned down a two-year, $12 million in favor of an offer from Miami worth half that value, and Garnett clearly took Allen's departure to the rival Heat personally.
"I choose not to [communicate with him]," said Garnett. "That's a choice I personally made. I'm very close to Ray, I know his family, I wish nothing but the best for him and his family, I just made the choice to move on. That's all.
"I'm focusing on J.T. [Jason Terry], Courtney Lee, the new guys that are here. ... I wasn't going to come here and answer a bunch of Ray Allen questions. I was going to obviously answer one time, and then focus on what's right here in this gym and what's present. That's where I'm at."
For more on the Celtics, visit weei.com/celtics.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:59 Kevin Garnett's Top 10 Plays of His Careerby NBA Featured 1,192,976
- 0:14 Lebron James "yeah yeah yeah" at Kevin Garnettby 1jzo969,652 views
- 5:04 Kevin Garnett 3 point contest and Paul Pierce dunk contest (McDonalds All-American 1995)by OfficialCelticsHD178,803 views
- 2:05 Rajon Rondo calls Dwyane Wade a dirty playerby Ben Rohrbach364,839 views
- 6:25 NFL: Will Tom Brady reach another Super Bowl?by espnamerica26,143 views
- 5:45 How to add 5" to a Vertical Jump: EFS Training Scienceby xfitsports167,801 views
- 1:42:03 "The Crown" - Full Length 2011-12 Miami Heat Documentaryby TheKJohnz640,326 views
- 1:40 Basketball : How to Shoot a 3-Point Shotby eHowSports261,330 views
- 11:15 The Kevin Garnett Comedy Hourby Ben Rohrbach65,393 views
- 0:38 Kevin Garnett ignores Ray Allen: Celtics vs. Heat (10.30.12)by TheAssociationLiveHD877,195 views
- 5:40 The Ray Allen Effect On The Miami Heatby BBALLBREAKDOWN205,392 views
- 4:15 Ray Allen - The End of The Big Three.by Othersprojects80,860 views
- 1:37 Ray Allen firing 3s before Celtics Heat Sunday morningby Mike Petraglia259,739 views
- 0:47 Ray Allen uses NOAH at Heat Practiceby HeatIndexESPN270,612 views
- 11:50 Paul Pierce's Celtics Media Day interviewby Ben Rohrbach4,342 views
- 10:14 10/31/2012 Boston Celtics vs. Miami Heat_ Live Score,and Game Highlights 2nd Half #1by MyNBAUpdates6,242 views
- 5:44 Miami Heat: Ray Allen Media Day Interview [9.28.2012]by Heat Basketball20,485 views
- 8:14 Rajon Rondo's Celtics Media Day interviewby Ben Rohrbach5,350 views
- 2:21 Miami Heat - Atlanta Hawks pre season game 10/7/12 Recapby NBAHope79,641 views
- 0:58 Paul Pierce: Mario Chalmers - You Don't Bother Meby TheBrooklynGame45,513 views
- Loading more suggestions...