TSA VIPR Teams in Greyhound Bus Station Tampa FL 02/16/2010
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 29, 2010
15 Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response (VIPR) teams
dedicated to guarding surface transportation. The VIPR teams contain multi-skilled resources, including Transportation Security Inspectors, canine teams, Transportation Security Officers, Bomb Detection Officers, and Federal Air Marshals. These teams enhance the Transportation Security Administration's (TSA) ability to screen passengers, identify suspicious behavior, and act as a visible deterrent to potential
terrorists in surface transportation environments.
TSA received funding to support ten dedicated Visible
Intermodal Prevention and Response (VIPR) teams. These teams are co-located within existing Federal Air Marshal Service (FAMS) field offices in the following locations:
—Los Angeles, CA
—New York, NY
The ten teams funded in fiscal year have conducted a total 1,437 VIPR operations with 848 (59 percent) in the surface modes and 589 (41 percent) in the aviation mode.
TSA plans to establish 15 additional VIPR Teams within existing FAMS field offices and Resident Agent in Charge (RAC) offices in the following locations:
—Las Vegas, NV
—San Francisco, CA
—San Diego, CA
TSA is committed to both maintaining the number of surface missions that are accomplished with existing teams and augmenting missions in surface through increased surface operations conducted by the new teams. TSA estimates that it will be possible to add approximately 2,155 additional surface operations.
DNDO has approximately $120 million in prior year funds to procure RPM units. After ASP detectors have been certified for deployment, approximately 50 units will be acquired. In addition, prior year funds will also be used to procure handheld radiation detection equipment for the Coast Guard and TSA's Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response (VIPR) teams.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:38 TSA starts stopping people on US highways without warrants or probable causeby Kelly AlwoodFeatured 154,835
- 11:46 Another TSA Video To Make Your Blood Boilby JustinCaseUCantView8's channel 1,490,241 views
- 15:25 Alex Jones Caught at Nazi Checkpoint!by amy2x . 70,263 views
- 4:28 TSA JACKBOOTS ANGERED BY PILOT TELLING THE TRUTHby ricthuse 246,896 views
- 15:13 Greyhound bus trip through northern U.S.: (14) Passengers arrested in Erie PA 2010-08-31by backpacktrot 131,333 views
- 3:50 4409 -- TSA refuse to identify themselves!by RP4409 276,478 views
- 8:50 Riding the Greyhound bus: The straight up lowdown. TIPS you should knowby theartistsvlog 17,102 views
- 0:58 Border Patrol on Amtrakby detroitjones 55,819 views
- 14:45 The GREYHOUND Bus Station in Richmond, Vaby NChottboi26 11,240 views
- 0:59 TSA harassing and searching a 9 year oldby Guns and Hoses Travel Channel 459,471 views
- 2:33 Feds Radiating Americans at Roadside Checkpointsby infowarco 50,176 views
- 1:34 TSA attempts to invade Houston Streets REJECTED! Sheila Jackson Leeby citizenwhat 26,558 views
- 1:23 Miss TSA 2011.wmvby SuperDuperChef 795 views
- 11:52 My Greyhound Journey to New York Cityby cjhoyle 4,906 views
- 22:59 Bill Nye the Science Guy - Dinosaursby o0stonedagain0o 3,922 views
- 1:31 Federal Air Marshal Qualification Drill with Sig 220by socom308 62,423 views
- 7:55 Blackburn Questions TSA Officials on VIPR Teamsby RepMarshaBlackburn 798 views
- 3:26 TSA Agents Caught On Tape Using Drugsby TheVinVid 60,698 views
- 2:01 Video of Man Refusing TSA Pat-Down Goes Viralby AssociatedPress 257,138 views
- 9:02 More States Accept VIPR Teams: Infowars Nightly Newsby TheAlexJonesChannel 11,028 views
- Loading more suggestions...