Uploaded on Oct 28, 2011
Patent Pending Submitted 10/27/2011
Nothing like this has ever been designed, Patented or Produced as of yet. Hoping for it be seen on a sports or muscle 2 door coupe like the Mustang, Camaro or Challenger.
TITLE OF INVENTION
Open Cargo Coupe (Automotive In Roof Sliding Retractable Rear Window)
Invented and submitted by
Not Applicable. Open Cargo Coupe is currently not under patent.
STATEMENT REGARDING FEDERALLY SPONSORED RESEARCH OR DEVELOPMENT
Not Applicable; no government monies were used in the development of this product or its patent.
DESCRIPTION AND BACKGROUND OF INVENTION
Open Cargo Coupe is an invention with two new, distinct and unique features never previously patented
or produced in the US.
1) A rear window that completely slides and retracts into the roof of a
2) A snap over water tight locking system the enables this distinct rear window
to slide over the tailgate and snap into place. See Figures 1-5 .
The large rear window is moved in and our of the roof using two small electric motors and a
plastic track system on each side. Motors are concealed behind the skin of the cars exterior.
The snap locking system uses groves and spring loaded bearings along with flexible rubber seals
to enable the rear glass window to slide over the tailgate as well as allow the tailgate to lock and
close with the rear window completely out.
1. We claim the introduction of new and unique automotive design through implementation of these
two new and unique features. There is currently and has never been autmobile in the market with these
2. We claim new and distinct functionality is being introduced into the US Automotive market enabling
an open cargo area in a passenger sedan or coupe through these new and innovative features.
3. The locking feature and in-roof retractable window features are seperate and distinct.
Standard YouTube License