This video is unavailable.
Home Inspection - Bathrooms - Part 1 of 4
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 2, 2011
This is video #1 of a 4-part series. The videos are:
Part 1 = http://youtu.be/gJ7CpwU1iZM
Part 2 = http://youtu.be/JohlpxCP1qw
Part 3 = http://youtu.be/4EuuFTV091k
Part 4 = http://youtu.be/dAFgyEfEdFI
To watch the Bathrooms Playlist = http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list...
Bathrooms are the second most expensive rooms in your home, after your kitchen. One of the biggest considerations when selling or purchasing your home is the condition of its bathrooms.
You can save yourself literally thousands of dollars by discovering problems in the bathroom during your inspection. Most bathrooms consist of sinks, toilets, showers, tubs, their enclosures, and specialty flooring. The reason bathrooms are so costly is that these are expensive items and require a good deal labor to repair or replace.
With constant exposure to water, many problems can develop over time and cause major damage to not only the bathroom, but to the rest of your house as well.
Countertops and Sinks
Lets look at the countertops and their sinks. There are many types of countertops, from the more expensive granite and tile, to man-made types like corrian or cultured marble and plastic laminates such as Formica.
Check the countertop to see that it is secure, mounted properly, caulked and grouted if required, and that it is not missing tiles or has any surface damage that would require replacement. If there is a two-piece back splash it should be sealed with caulk along its seam. This two-piece backsplash needs to be caulked in order to prevent water damage. If your sink is attached to the countertop, it too should be properly sealed at its seam so that water does not leak into the cabinet below. If problems are discovered with the countertop, sink, or backsplash, they need to be addressed and repaired early on in order to prevent further damage.
Standard YouTube License
Next in Home Inspection - Bathrooms
- 5:38 Home Inspection - Roofs - Part 1 of 3by HomeownerSeries 4,642 views
- 1:59 Home Inspection - Attics - Part 2 of 2by HomeownerSeries 11,697 views
- 2:10 Home Inspection - Attics - Part 1 of 2by HomeownerSeries 22,800 views
- 2:28 Home Inspection - Exterior Walls - Part 3 of 3by HomeownerSeries 6,736 views
- 13:38 Home Inspection Checklist- What's Found on Typical Home Inspectionby HICarolina 14,704 views
- 8:15 Home Inspection (1 of 8) | Outside | Quicken Loans: Educationby quickenloans 10,732 views
- 9:00 How to Glue Undermount Sink for Bathroom Vanity Countertop - Bath and Granite 4 Lessby bathandgranite4less 20,800 views
- 138 videos Play all Home Improvementby apriltime2008
- 7:46 Caulk Bathroom Sinkby handymanteacher 41,202 views
- 9:12 How to Paint Laminate with Caromal Coloursby FabulousFinishesInc 56,791 views
- 1:44 Exterior House Toxic Mold - What Does It Look like?by gregvancom 4,646 views
- 5:50 How to stucco a cinder block wall. How to skim coat CMU walls.by StuccoPlastering 137,763 views
- 1:43 Improving Toilet Flush Performanceby ramonasplumber 111,993 views
- 7:12 Value of a Home Inspection #1by greggmovie 3,581 views
- 2:26 How To Use A Caulk Gun and a Secretby TheRealTimJones 341,180 views
- 7:13 EZ Home Inspection Software Video Demoby EZHomeInspection 1,764 views
- 6:05 Buildipedia DIY - How to Install a Bathroom Lavatoryby Buildipedia 13,005 views
- 2:46 Cracked Bottom Cultured Marble Jetted Tub, Repair & Resurfaceby AllSurfaceRenew 7,889 views
- 6:51 How to Install a Bathroom Vanityby doitbest 134,345 views
- 4:18 HGTV:Mirror Project, with Mosaic Tilesby Ess SimplyDone 58,280 views
- 2:00 Marble bathroom vanity - Changing the colorby AllSurfaceRenew 14,974 views
- Loading more suggestions...