A Conversation with FTC Commissioner Julie Brill
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 20, 2012
January 12, 2012
A conversation with FTC Commissioner Julie Brill where she will talk about the Federal Trade Commission's initiatives to protect consumer privacy.
This event is part of Data Privacy Day 2012.
Julie Brill was sworn in as a Commissioner of the Federal Trade Commission April 6, 2010, to a term that expires on September 25, 2016.
Since joining the Commission, Ms. Brill has worked actively on issues most affecting today's consumers, including protecting consumers' privacy, encouraging appropriate advertising substantiation, guarding consumers from financial fraud, and maintaining competition in industries involving high tech and health care.
Before she became a Commissioner, Ms. Brill was the Senior Deputy Attorney General and Chief of Consumer Protection and Antitrust for the North Carolina Department of Justice, a position she held from February 2009 to April 2010. Commissioner Brill has also been a Lecturer-in-Law at Columbia University's School of Law. Prior to her move to the North Carolina Department of Justice, Commissioner Brill was an Assistant Attorney General for Consumer Protection and Antitrust for the State of Vermont for over 20 years, from 1988 to 2009.
Commissioner Brill has received several national awards for her work protecting consumers. She has testified before Congress, published numerous articles, and served on many national expert panels focused on consumer protection issues such as pharmaceuticals, privacy, credit reporting, data security breaches, and tobacco. Commissioner Brill has also served as a Vice-Chair of the Consumer Protection Committee of the Antitrust Section of the American Bar Association.
Prior to her career in law enforcement, Commissioner Brill was an associate at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison in New York from 1987 to 1988. She clerked for Vermont Federal District Court Judge Franklin S. Billings, Jr. from 1985 to 1986. Commissioner Brill graduated, magna cum laude, from Princeton University, and from New York University School of Law, where she had a Root-Tilden Scholarship for her commitment to public service.
- 1:38:36 Taking Forgetting Seriously - 2012 STLR Symposium - First Amendment Challenges in the Digital Ageby Stanford Center for Internet & Society168 views
- 1:41:34 The Privacy Paradox - First Amendment, Tort, and Privacyby Stanford Center for Internet & Society517 views
- 1:05:59 Jonathan Mayer - Do Not Track: Technology, Policy, and Politicsby Stanford Center for Internet & Society564 views
- 1:38:20 From Public Squares to Platforms: Free Speech in the Networked Worldby Stanford Center for Internet & Society434 views
- 47:09 A Conversation with FTC Commissioner Julie Brillby Adam Marcus138 views
- 50:52 $3000.00 PER DAY WELDING, IN YOUR BACK YARD. THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS A DAY CLEAR.by moseseseseses142,152 views
- 3:31 The Best Welder In The Worldby uselessstufftowatch240,890 views
- 77 videos Play all The Future of Information-Driven Healthcare Think Tankby dellservices
- 13:56 Government witnesses forced to lie for FTC.by FTCinfo6,518 views
- 10:27 The L.A.S.T technique for Customer Complaintsby John Detlefs2,358 views
- 57:27 Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health Policy Grand Rounds: Federal Trade Commissioner Julie Brillby DartmouthHitchcock253 views
- 8:50 10 WAYS TO CREATE FRENCH TIPS MANICURES | GIVEAWAY WINNERS | HOW TO BASICS | NAIL ARTby Meliney664,300 views
- 27:53 Zacharie Bababaswe porte plainte contre les combattants ( RDCONGOINFOS )by ToutLeMondeDaccord11,856 views
- 0:29 Julie Brill on FTC v. Iworksby evilftc547 views
- 6:20 Fraude telexfreeby Melvin Alvarez29,989 views
- 5:18 Surface Telerobotics Introduction Videoby irgrobotdw141 views
- 9:51 Ferencváros Tüntetés a PM előtt 1.by RETROZSOZSI801,918 views
- 11:09 How to Hack Facebook Account with Phishing Part 1by educatedhaxor52,380 views
- 7:47 Cyber Swat FTC Robotics: Milton Highschool Robotics Rounds "Block Party"by CyberSwatFTC656 views
- 6:23 How To Find The Correct MIG Welder Settings For Any Projectby KingMetalsInc30,172 views