Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 3, 2008
credits to: SJ:forever
"Okay - here's how the whole story goes... Lee Soo Man is the head producer - he's basically in charge of everything that goes on in SM... (SM used to stand for Soo Man but it's something else now..I forget...Star something...) He's like..completely horrible!
I mean, personally, I have nothing against SM the label, it's more like..the people who run it.
There's a saying in Korea that states: "If you don't make it with SM then you can't make it anywhere." It's actually half true. The reason Shinhwa broke away from SM is that they couldn't stand not being able to participate in recording their album (like writing songs, being more active in the whole process, not being controlled), and the only reason why they're still doing fine is that their fanbase is HUGE and the fans are VERY supportive of their split from SM. Shinhwa was fed up with their songs being controlled, and fed up with being hit and bullied by SM managers. -__-;;
As for HOT not getting back together, it's really crappy. Moon HeeJun from HOT went solo, as you may know, and after his first album, they withdrew funding from him and decided to focus on the "hotter, newer stars" like DBSK and BoA. Basically, he was left on the back burner and left to fend for himself. He released his later albums from money in his own pocket and donations from loyal fans. Awww...
Basically, when you get old/get less popular in SM, they just leave you to rot. They'll discard you like an old sock.
SM controls your life - when you sign on, you're basically signing away your soul. When DBSK was first formed, Soo Man gave the order to put the boys on a water diet (they basically starved the boys to the extreme) to make their faces slimmer so that they look better in pictures. They often try to get artists to get plastic surgery in order to boost their appearances. No joke. SM goes for looks first, then talent. (They got lucky with DBSK - looks AND talent.)
Rumor has it (and I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed, at least, according to my sources...) that SM hits/beats their artists whenever they make a mistake, and often they are driven to sickness by exhaustion and fatigue. Remember when Micky/Yoochun was in the hospital with apendicitis? Yah..there you go...
The probably only exception to the abuse is BoA, SM's favored artist, of whom I've heard indirectly from her coordinators that she's really stuck-up and and really bossy. Hence, I do not like her (I never did.) - sorry BoA fans! (By all means keep liking her if you do!)
When the whole scare that DBSK was going to be rotated came around (meaning winter-spring time this year), did you see the members cry at the perf.s and such? Well, I believe they were screamed at, then hit around, and they were banned from going to any press conferences. They were split up (put into different rooms and such) and they weren't allowed to discuss anything regarding it. I believe if they were going to rotate, they had announced that Jaejoong and Yoochun would be the first to leave because they "cause so much trouble".
If the fans did not stage the boycott of SM goods, I believe they really would have rotated DBSK. Plus the fact that Changmin is still a minor and their parents can still sue SM under their contract.
So...if SM is so horrible..why would you sign on under it?
Because, it gives you FAME. SM is RUTHLESS when it comes to making it to the top, and you are almost guaranteed some sort of fame. Secondly, THEY PAY FOR YOUR COLLEGE. They give you all these opportunities that are probably pretty good.
...I believe (I remember reading this) an average SM group like DBSK makes around 3 CENTS or something per album/single they sell. That split 5 ways is less than 1 cent per member. Yah - in the end, it may add up, but really, SM just sucks out the profit. It's a money making machine in the entertainment business. SOO MAN TAKES MOST OF THE PROFITS HIMSELF - HE IS LIKE...ONE OF THE RICHEST MEN IN KOREA.
Basically...Lee Soo Man is running this company that controls everything that goes on in their artists' lives. Although he's NOT THE PRESIDENT, he has the MOST POWER. Don't ask me how that works...I'm not sure... -__-;;; Even the president resigned this year due to everything that's been going on. Basically...I CAN'T STAND LEE SOO MAN. He deserves...really bad things to happen to him. -__-;;;
To put it in lamen terms...
Although on paper KimKyungWook is the president,
the person that makes all the decisions is LeeSooMan.
SM has done a lot of illegal things.
And if those acts are caught, someone needs to be blamed.
So LeeSooMan screws up,
and KimKyungWook takes the blame.
If you look at it KimKyungWoo is a slave too. An SM slave.
If u want to read more, open the url above...
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Stand up" on
- 5:14 [HD] Tohoshinki 東方神起 - Love In The Ice 4th Live Tour [romaji + english karaoke sub]by s3adolphin Featured 283,501
- 7:55 Super Junior Abuseby PretendThisIsWitty50,661 views
- 4:41 JaeJoong DIDN'T undertake Plastic Surgeryby heongri68,934 views
- 4:09 Scary Maknae and The Victims.by NeoulBaraboda38,940 views
- 10:13 [EngSub] TVXQ/DBSK - O Concert in Thailand+Junsu Birthdayby 100dbsk24,332 views
- 4:06 Kyuhyun's Letter To Hangengby SomanIftikhar76,406 views
- 8:23 DBSK cries after winning Best Artist in 2006 MKMF [subbed]by neverlandlady170,036 views
- 7:24 ♥KOREAN♥ K-pop Drama stars (before & after) Child to Present KOREA COREA 韓國 韩国 韓国by ssosso92504,954 views
- 1:43 Han Geng talks about SM ENERTAINMENT'S violation on human rights BY宁.flvby sheracheung335,565 views
- 4:15 SHINee most Stalking photos & Videoby silentbutterfly39,863 views
- 3:09 [enewsWorld.com] K-pop legend Lee Soo Man (1)by enewsworld7,575 views
- 1:53 dbsk mistake storyby Jaebiased45,614 views
- 1:42 [Eng sub] Super Junior Siwon surprising Hankyung in Chinaby SuMiinah02434,700 views
- 1:38 dbsk yoochun get sick .yunho and junsu take care of himby elly604164,766 views
- 10:01 [Eng Sub] DBSK Bonjour Paris Full Version (Part 1/12)by hymmx123159,396 views
- 7:47 [vietsub] Haptic Full - DBSK & SNSDby Kim Jae Min181,149 views
- 4:31 Junsu bullied by the members....HAPPY 22ND BIRTHDAYby xjan95x126,482 views
- 2:03 120806 EXO Arriving at Gimpo Airport - Luhan & Baekhyun got pushed & Luhan fellby nzlingi174,058 views
- 0:21 andy was scolded by older members^^by tjdus55,602 views
- 7:49 DBSK-SNSD Haptic CF Part 1,2,3 [ ENG SUB ]by queyang991,406 views
- Loading more suggestions...