Something From Nothing - a conversation w/ Richard Dawkins & Lawrence Krauss - ASU Feb 4, 2012
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Feb 14, 2012
The Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science (http://richarddawkins.net/)
Taped live on Feb 4, 2012 by http://www.youtube.com/user/ShirleyFilms
In conjunction with the Origins Project at ASU http://origins.asu.edu/
- Show quoted text -
(there are still some edits and color correction to be done but we wanted to have the YouTube version out as soon as possible)
Join critically-acclaimed author and evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins and world-renowned theoretical physicist and author Lawrence Krauss as they discuss biology, cosmology, religion, and a host of other topics.
The authors will also discuss their new books. Dawkins recently published The Magic of Reality: How We Know What's Really True, an exploration of the magic of discovery embodied in the practice of science. Written for all age groups, the book moves forward from historical examples of supernatural explanations of natural phenomena to focus on the actual science behind how the world works.
Krauss's latest book, A Universe from Nothing: Why There is Something Rather than Nothing, explains the scientific advances that provide insight into how the universe formed. Krauss tackles the age-old assumption that something cannot arise from nothing by arguing that not only can something arise from nothing, but something will always arise from nothing.
Founded in 2008, the ASU Origins Project is a university-wide transdisciplinary initiative aimed at facilitating cutting edge research and inquiry about origins questions, enhancing public science literacy, and improving science education. Since its inception, the Origins Project has brought the world's leading scientists, including Nobel Prize winners, to Tempe to explore origins questions. The Origins Project has hosted workshops and public events that have focused on questions as fundamental as the origin of the universe, how life began, the origins of human uniqueness, and the origins of morality.
Standard YouTube License
- 0:54 Richard Dawkins: Canning Bill O'Reillyby Big Think Featured 650,571
- 1:17:13 The Poetry of Science: Richard Dawkins and Neil deGrasse Tysonby Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science683,733 views
- 1:17:11 Who Says Science has Nothing to Say About Morality?by Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science573,389 views
- 1:12:14 Richard Dawkins & Daniel Dennett. Oxford, 9 May 2012by Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science143,591 views
- 1:32:17 How the Universe came from "Nothing", Richard Dawkins and Lawrence Krauss discussby Tony Sobrado246,403 views
- 1:53:04 Hitchens Dawkins Grayling 2007: BETTER OFF WITHOUT RELIGIONby nightjarflying223,743 views
- 59:06 Beautiful Minds: Richard Dawkinsby Tr3Vel0cita361,295 views
- 1:17:11 Sam Harris and Richard Dawkins on Morality and Scienceby FlyingFree333251,527 views
- 52:04 "A Universe From Nothing" - Lawrence Krauss, Richard Dawkinsby bdw5000121,190 views
- 1:43:29 Richard Dawkins Vs. William Lane Craig Debateby ChristopherHitchslap665,349 views
- 1:33:42 The God Delusionby ScientificUnity573,045 views
- 1:56:20 Daniel Dennett, Lawrence Krauss and Massimo Pigliucci discuss The Limits Of Science @ Het Denkgelagby het denkgelag23,225 views
- 44:23 Krauss '11: Cosmic Connectionsby nightjarflying98,193 views
- 1:32:17 Richard Dawkins and Lawrence Krauss: Something from Nothing, at ANUby ANUchannel213,262 views
- 1:54:00 2013 Isaac Asimov Memorial Debate: The Existence of Nothingby American Museum of Natural History238,217 views
- 1:21:43 Hitchens Dawkins Grayling 2007 [Short]: BETTER OFF WITHOUT RELIGIONby nightjarflying56,128 views
- 31:08 Richard Dawkins: Militant atheismby TED1,058,259 views
- 9:50 Richard Dawkins: 'Somebody as intelligent as Jesus would have been an atheist'by TheGuardian581,018 views
- 1:04:52 'A Universe From Nothing' by Lawrence Krauss, AAI 2009by Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science1,687,099 views
- 2:18:05 Belief in God: Prohibitive or Liberating? Lawrence Krauss & Uthman Badar | ANU, April 2012by nahdaproduction91,475 views
- Loading more suggestions...