Stephen Schneider: Climate Science and Media Distortion
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 7, 2011
Stephen Henry Schneider (February 11, 1945 -- July 19, 2010) was Professor of Environmental Biology and Global Change at Stanford University, a Co-Director at the Center for Environment Science and Policy of the Freeman Spogli Institute for International Studies and a Senior Fellow in the Stanford Woods Institute for the Environment. Schneider served as a consultant to federal agencies and White House staff in the Richard Nixon, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, George H. W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Barack Obama administrations.
His research included modeling of the atmosphere, climate change, and "the relationship of biological systems to global climate change." Schneider was the founder and editor of the journal Climatic Change and authored or co-authored over 450 scientific papers and other publications. He was a Coordinating Lead Author in Working Group II IPCC TAR and was engaged as a co-anchor of the Key Vulnerabilities Cross-Cutting Theme for the Fourth Assessment Report (AR4) at the time of his death. During the 1980s, Schneider emerged as a leading public advocate of sharp reductions of greenhouse gas emissions to combat global warming.
MacArthur Fellowship (1992), Nobel Peace Prize (2007)
This video was screened before a live audience by Climate One of the Commonwealth Club in San Francisco on Dec 6, 2011 as the introduction to an event honoring Stephen Schneider and presenting an award in his name to Richard Alley, Professor of Geosciences and Associate of the EMS Environment Institute.
Also partially screened by Ben Santer at the 2011 AGU (American Geophysicists Union) Conference held in San Francisco (http://revkin.tumblr.com/post/1409418...)
More on Plomomedia: http://www.plomomedia.com
More on Climate One: http://www.climate-one.org
Also on youtube as "The Truth About Global Warming - Science and Distortion"
Standard YouTube License
- 5:35 The human impact on this Earthby Subscribe if you'd like.Featured 92,866
- 9:02 Climate Expert faces a roomful of 'Skeptics' 2/4by aerobique 4,606 views
- 7:39 George Carlin on Global Warmingby http://www.youtube.com/user/FluorideIsBadForYou 539,368 views
- 8:45 Climate Change is not about the Environmentby Goodfightlads 2,080 views
- 4:11 A link between climate change and extreme weather? Never.by Plomomedia 154,076 views
- 100 videos Play all Climate Changeby ShalomYal
- 8:41 The Global Warming Theory Set Straight for Dummiesby michael01x 1,352 views
- 7:25 3 - Climate Change -- Anatomy of a mythby potholer54 116,479 views
- 5:31 Climatologist Stephen Schneider on Bill Maherby sarahjowick 14,328 views
- 13:35 Why the media screw up science Part 1: Sourcesby potholer54 83,823 views
- 3:10 NCSE tackles climate change denialby NatCen4ScienceEd 9,559 views
- 8:02 22 -- Climategate mark 2 -- the quotes and the contextby potholer54 37,910 views
- 8:34 LA ATMÓSFERA TERRESTRE Y SU ESTUDIO (EA)by Wegener Tesla 691 views
- 6:01 How to feed the world in 2050: actions in a changing climateby CCAFS 23,476 views
- 1:01:47 Abrupt Climate Change During the Last Ice Age From the Perspective of 17°N, 90°Wby AGUvideos 2,792 views
- 1:00:24 Misunderstanding Climate Change: Science & Public Perceptionby UnityCollegeMaine 1,602 views
- 26:00 Climate Change: Lines of Evidenceby nationalacademies 11,517 views
- 12:24 Lord Christopher Monckton: The Coming New International Climate Court 1/2by TheAlexJonesChannel 39,731 views
- 2:58 The Motherhood Penalty: Stanford Professor Shelley Correllby ClaymanInstitute 5,561 views
- 12:41 Stephen Schneider talks to 52 Climate Change Skeptics [PART 1]by socialretard28 9,101 views
- 14:57 Stephen Schneider talks to 52 Climate Change Skeptics [PART 4]by socialretard28 3,568 views
- Loading more suggestions...