Night & Day - Jazz Trio
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 20, 2007
Here again Night and Day about more than 7 min. :-// Ok,ok.... but when you think that one day and night is 24 hours long, than is 7 min. a joke :-)
You can also visit my other new channel:
There I just start to make some tutorials for Jazz musicians beginners, and more :-)
I hope you ejoy
"Night and Day" is a popular song by Cole Porter. It was written for the 1932 musical play Gay Divorce, and is perhaps Porter's most popular contribution to the Great American Songbook.
Fred Astaire introduced "Night and Day" on stage, and his recording of the song was a hit. He performed it again in the 1934 film version of the show, renamed The Gay Divorcee, and it became one of his signature pieces. The song itself became an American standard and has been recorded by dozens of artists.
Porter was known to claim that the Islamic call to worship he heard on a trip to Morocco inspired the song.
The song was so associated with Porter that when Hollywood first filmed his life story in 1946, the movie was entitled Night and Day.
"Night and Day" has been recorded many times, notably by Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, and U2.
Sinatra recorded the song five times; with Axel Stordahl in his first solo session in 1942 and again with him in 1947; with Nelson Riddle in 1956 for A Swingin' Affair!, with Don Costa in 1961 for Sinatra and Strings (considered by many to be the best version), and even a disco version with Joe Beck in 1977.
Fitzgerald's most celebrated recording of the song occurred on her 1956 album Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Cole Porter Songbook. The song was recorded by Ringo Starr in 1970 for its first solo album "Sentimental Journey". It was then recorded in 1982 as a one-off collaboration between Tracey Thorn with student friend Ben Watt as Everything But The Girl; subsequently the duo became a well established pop act.
The song was recorded by U2 in 1990 and appeared on the Red Hot + Blue compilation album. Thomas Anders (of Modern Talking fame) recorded his version in 1997 on the album Live Concert. Rod Stewart recorded a version for his 2004 album Stardust: the Great American Songbook 3. A rendition was recorded by The Temptations and the version is features in and on the soundtrack for the 2000 movie What Women Want.
"Night and Day" also reappeared on the American pop charts in 1967 done by Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66.
In 2004, a version of "Night and Day" was included in the biographical film about Cole Porter, De-Lovely, sung by John Barrowman and Kevin Kline. The song was also recorded in 2005 by Sondre Lerche on his album Duper Sessions. In 2007 it was recorded by Bebel Gilberto with a bossa nova approach on her album Memento.
The Colts Drum and Bugle Corps is using "Night and Day" for their 2008 show.
Standard YouTube License
- 49 videos Play all YouTube Mix - Night & Day - Jazz Trio
- 5:03 Night & Day - Jazz Piano soloby PianistaItaliano1,575,057 views
- 4:36 Round Midnight - Jazz Piano Soloby PianistaItaliano303,780 views
- 4:33 Summertime - Piano Improvisationby PianistaItaliano417,256 views
- 6:17 Summer of 42 - jazz piano soloby PianistaItaliano119,080 views
- 51:47 Art Tatum - The Art Of Jazz Pianoby MVDmusicvideo162,000 views
- 46 videos Play all Jazz Trioby cooltneal
- 6:31 Georgia on my Mind -- jazz piano solo (Zoom H4n recorder)by 7notemode90,224 views
- 1:00:32 Brad Mehldau - Jazz in Marciac 1999by uvisni57,339 views
- 4:23 Autumn In New York - Sweet Jazz Trioby soedwards555109,142 views
- 6:54 Crimson Jazz Trio - 21St Century Schizoid Manby kayser8255,174 views
- 5:20 STARDUST- Jazz Pianoby PianistaItaliano306,345 views
- 54:38 Joey DeFrancesco Trio - Jazz Festival Bern 1999by Sheik Yerbutti81,066 views
- 4:16 Unsun - Not Enough [HQ]by Robin Huijbers258,731 views
- 4:16 Embraceable You - Jazz Piano - Easy listeningby PianistaItaliano127,657 views
- 7:59 How to Play Brilliantly Fastby radiokid251,374 views
- 3:59 kora jazz trioby otono7787,343 views
- 7:37 Bill Evans - Night And Day (Everybody Digs Bill Evans)by Pietro Paolo Curzi43,394 views
- 4:24 Autumn Leaves - Jazz Piano - Solo improvisationby PianistaItaliano603,158 views
- 3:45 Blusette - Jazz Trioby PianistaItaliano67,817 views
- 41:51 15 Stylistic Elements for the Advanced Jazz Pianist - Master Class with Dave Frankby Dave Frank89,327 views