Vintage Computer MITS Altair 8800 Microcomputer
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 23, 2011
Vintage Computer MITS Altair 8800 was one of the very first assembled units sold by Ed Roberts. Dean Gross placed an order for this computer December 17,1974. This was before production was started and before the story appeared in the January 1975 Issue fo Popular Electronics. serial number 21.
Subscribe to our channel
Links to more info about the 8800
Audio interview with Ed Roberts by David Greelish about 1995 very interesting http://tinyurl.com/772t56w
1 kilobyte memory card http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TKOwd...
Sales receipt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT04mg...
letters from original owner http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT_QNE...
Article in EDN magazine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iql0_F...
Dave's Bugbook Computer museum http://www.youtube.com/user/lcfgroup?...
8800 manual http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw6l13...
MITS S100 bus http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6NclM...
Wikipedia info 8800 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altair_8800
PDF of History of S100 bus http://retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuf...
This MITS Altair 8800 was one of the very first assembled units sold by Ed Roberts. Dean Gross placed an order for this computer December 17,1974. This was before production was started and before the story appeared in the January 1975 Issue fo Popular Electronics. The computer ( a mock up as the original one sent to Popular Electronics by Rail Way Express was lost and never found ) was on the cover and the feature story. This was a response to the Mark 8 microcomputer construction article in the July 1974 issue of Radio Electronics. The Mark 8 was designed by Jon Titus and is considered by many to be the first computer that could be built by individual hobbyist. The MITS 8800 was a real success for its time. Ed Roberts felt he could sell maybe 500 but was over run with very soon with orders for more than 5000.
This serial number 21 was one of the very first. I do know that 2 earlier one are still around. The one here in my Bugbooks Historical Microcomputer Museum , Floyd Virginia is in very nice condition and was operational when Dean Gross sent it to me December 29,1994. I received the 8800 in January 1996 and am really delighted to have this fine microcomputer. Dean used this computer for many years and designed a floppy disk interface and wrote software to run the floppy drives. I have these in our collection as well.
MITS Altair 8800Antique Microcomputer http://www.ourcyberbusiness.net http://www.littlefamilyfarm.com 1-540-808-2880 - floydlcfgroup@gmail - PO box 179 Floyd,Virginia 24091
Follow us at http://www.twitter.com/apple1computer
Standard YouTube License
- 18:53 The Computer And Manned Space Flight - 1960's NASA Educational Documentary - WDTVLIVE42by wdtvlive42 Featured 6,500
- 7:41 How the Altair 8800 started the PC revolution (Part 1)by Christoph Dernbach21,890 views
- 7:40 Altair 8800 - Video #3 - Kill the Bit Gameby deramp51132,514 views
- 14:38 Altair 8800 - Video #14 - Altair DOS Introductionby deramp5113548 views
- 27:38 1963 Timesharing: A Solution to Computer Bottlenecksby ComputerHistory49,843 views
- 15:08 IMSAI 8080 CP/M Microsoft Basic-80 (MBASIC) and MicroPro WordStarby ve3iku2,145 views
- 14:13 Personal Vintage Computers Museum - Part 3 or 3by atco211171,218 views
- 5:03 Vintage Computer Osborne 1by lcfgroup11,645 views
- 21 videos Play all Vintage computers & laptopsby tombell12
- 16:59 MITS Altair 8800 Computer - December 1974by Evgeny Z4,120 views
- 8:24 Vintage Apple 1 Anitque Computerby lcfgroup4,993 views
- 3:23 Vintage Computer Festival 2009 - PDP-8/e outputting to an old Teletype.by page2pixel3,576 views
- 9:00 Altair 8800 - Video #7.1 - Loading 4K BASIC with a Teletypeby deramp51131,020 views
- 1:26 Mits Altair 8800 - world's first personal computerby alker3314,653 views
- 8:16 Kaypro II Vintage Computer Overview and Gamesby furripupau2,535 views
- 5:17 Vintage Computer MITS Altair 680by lcfgroup3,697 views
- 4:48 Bill Gates talks about Microsoft and the Altair 8800 (1994)by Christoph Dernbach14,841 views
- 2:15 MITS Altair 8800 - boots upby alker332,707 views
- 14:34 DigiBarn TV: The 1963 LINC Computer at the Vintage Computer Festival 2007by bruce damer810 views
- 3:41 Holborn 6100 Z80 vintage computerby proxxima0381,078 views