VW TSI ENGINE ANIMATION
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 5, 2008
Following the success of its TDI and FSI engines, Volkswagen is launching the latest in a line of pioneering inventions with the introduction of TSI petrol technology.
FSI uses the direct injection of petrol into the combustion chamber to improve efficiency and hence reduce fuel consumption and emissions. Taking this further, TSI uses -- for the first time ever -- an FSI engine which is then dual-charged through a combination of an engine driven supercharger and an exhaust gas turbocharger arranged in series.
The driving characteristics of the new TSI engine are improved over those of the current FSI unit. The belt-driven supercharger operates at the lower engine speeds, with the turbocharger coming in as engine speed increases. The result of this is excellent driveability and performance throughout the range with no turbo lag and high maximum torque.
Key to the TSI's success is that direct injection allows an abnormally high compression ratio of 10:1 to be used in conjunction with high maximum boost pressure of up to 2.5 bar absolute. This enables the relatively small engine to use very high gearing to provide exceptional fuel efficiency for a petrol engine, particularly at motorway cruising speeds. As an additional bonus, the TSI engine provides driver enjoyment, producing high power and torque across a rev range from 1,000 to 6,500 rpm.
The new TSI engine has a capacity of 1.4-litres (1,390 cc) and produces either 140 or 170 PS. The 170 PS version has the same peak power as a conventional 2.3-litre petrol unit but with 20 per cent lower fuel onsumption, returning 38.2 mpg on the combined cycle. It also produces impressive torque of 177 lbs ft (240 Nm) from 1,750 through to 4,500 rpm. All TSI engines drive through a manual six-speed gearbox. A DSG automatic option is also available with the 170 PS engine. This will be offered later in the year with the 140 PS unit.
TSI technology has already received international acclaim, having been named Best New Engine of 2006 in the International Engine of the Year Awards. It also won the 1-litre to 1.4-litre category.
For more infomation on TSI technology along with more European motor news that you want to read at EuropeanMotorNews.com
Thank you for reading this post.
Standard YouTube License
- 8:27 PAUT MOTOR-REVOLUTIONARY ENGINE.wmvby b radanović135,281 views
- 8:01 How an engine works - comprehensive tutorial animation featuring Toyota engine technologiesby allegroracing821,874 views
- 5:42 Turbocombustion Green-Engine Technology See How It Worksby turbocombustion716,264 views
- 35 videos Play all FSI TSIby 555asen1
- 6:22 6 Peoples Reactions to the CRAZY 900hp 3Dx Evoby 1320video14,459,855 views
- 13:36 How to Rebuild a Turbo - Part 1 of 2by jjrock5815,278 views
- 3:06 New TSI engine with ACT Technology (Active Cylinder Management) 140hp 1.4lby TechnologicVehicles97,510 views
- 9:45 1969 Camaro SS Twin Turbo Supercharged Nitrous Breathing Monsterby ScottieDTV6,035,306 views
- 6:19 Audi: The quattro principleby Audi Deutschland816,402 views
- 8:59 Volkswagen 1.2TSI Presentationby 8SpeedNet276,757 views
- 5:43 How a turbo worksby arturbocouk1,021,718 views
- 5:44 AWESOME ENGINE ANIMATION....by Krishna Chaitanya Ch1,261,367 views
- 4:25 VW TSI twinchargerby porschecn93,177 views
- 5:00 How it's made Automatic transmissionby Gerard Reijman1,319,192 views
- 7:41 Ferrari V12 Engineby AutomotiveTv4,697,978 views
- 1:48 Much wind from a small turbochargerby turbogue2,211,512 views
- 8:40 Superchargers vs Turbo Kits: Which to Choose?by AndysAutoSportTV207,998 views
- 8:05 Forced Induction - Supercharger vs. Turbo Chargerby weirdvids3452,519,670 views
- 2:41 Ford Ecoboost Animationby worldcarfans299,319 views
- 3:38 K-Series iVTEC VTC Cam Phasing System - In Depthby FlashProTuning236,904 views