Tips For Effective Guest Posting
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Feb 5, 2013
My Ultimate Twitter Guide FREE DOWNLOAD (this is also the sign up for my newsletter): http://savvysexysocial.com/subscribe/
Comment with me: http://savvysexysocial.com/2013/02/05...
Guest posts do not automatically mean lots of traffic. Let's just put that out there right away. First of all, it's hard to get the reader to realize sometimes that the copy they're reading isn't by the usual author. And then you gotta make them care enough about what you wrote to click through to your own site. So instead of continuing to pitch every blog in your industry, let's narrow your campaign and focus on a few good guest posts.
This is my advice for a better chance of return traffic with your guest posting efforts:
Most importantly, you need to DO YOU. Don't pitch my site if you sell car insurance and are willing to write about social media marketing because you just want a link back. I don't want you. Focus on what you know and how you can help people and only write content about that. It's more likely to be compelling and not mediocre, which is exactly the reason you want someone to click to your site and buy your insurance.
Always look for previously written content by the host blogger that you might be able to reference with a link in your article. This will get you brownie points to encourage more traffic on their site and it shows you actually read the blog and care about the content with the way you've tied it together. This is a no brainer and could even be done to help you come up with a good blog topic before you make the pitch.
Be respectful of the blog's guest posting guidelines and if you're allowed a link back to your site within your content, make sure it's only something that makes sense and adds value on top of the value you're already providing. No one's going to click a link that's vague and slightly irrelevant and that's only if the host blogger doesn't reject it first. You're main goal should be the make the content great on its own without your extra links, but if it helps the audience further that can be good as well.
Make sure there is a strong call to action in your bio! If readers made it to the end of the article, they're probably intrigued by who wrote it. So make them really want to click to learn more about you by providing something extra in your bio besides your title. I would write "This article was written by Amy Schmittauer of SavvySexySocial.com. Click here to find out why she thinks your videos suck." Interesting proposal, eh?
What are your tips for effective guest posting?
SUBSCRIBE TO THIS YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
READ MY BLOG:
MY PERSONAL BLOG:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY PODCAST:
SOCIAL NETWORKS :
twitter : http://twitter.com/savvysexysocial
facebook : http://facebook.com/savvysexysocial
google+ : http://bit.ly/AmyGPlus
tumblr : http://schmittastic.tumblr.com
socialcam : http://socialcam.com/u/JK9npsAM
instagram, viddy, tout, and lightt : search for schmittastic
Standard YouTube License
- 19:24 What is Internet Marketing? A Day in the Life of an Internet Marketer.by Trent Brownrigg 158 views
- 7:57 A Good Waitressby footagefile 42,837 views
- 23:40 A Welcome Guest in the House (ca. 1957)by shaggylocks 602 views
- 3:55 Laguna Verde Guest House Apaneca El Salvadorby LagunaVerdeGH 12,545 views
- 20:14 5 Levels of Facebook Page Admins | Facebook Schedule Posts | Facebook Promoted Postsby SplashMediaLP 481 views
- 5:40 How to Do Guest Blogging the Right Wayby Trent Brownrigg 120 views
- 5:14 The best parts of El Salvadorby binnsj 5,150 views
- 2:51 Video: How to Welcome Guests with an Inviting Foyer by Benjamin Noriega-Ortizby ShopMidnightVelvet 21,747 views
- 6:51 SEO Bangla Video Tutorials-Forum Postingby Murtaza Ahmed 908 views
- 1:44 How to choose chocolates as a giftby HowdiniGuru 13,573 views
- 9:59 Welcome and Introduction of Guestsby tcomegys 1,979 views
- 3:01 Blond Tips: Weekend Guestsby Susan Blond 2,132 views
- 4:57 el salvador the bestby williamsland 2,323 views
- 1:56 Dinner Etiquette: How to Choose a Gift for Your Hostby geobeats 366 views
- 25:26 Welcoming Visitors - English Conversation Lessonby Anglo-Link 412,253 views
- 8:22 Beaches "Welcome Guest" video featuring the Delaney family in Turks & Caicos Part 1by beachesresorts 9,197 views
- 24:36 All About Guest Posting on Blogs and Websites-- Why and How Toby Deborah Carney 86 views
- 7:00 Guest Post Secrets: How to Guest Post on Popular Blogsby Erica Douglass 856 views
- 6:56 Criss-Cross Curls Styling Tutorialby 160Days2Lose2 8,026 views
- 6:24 How to Choose a Fragrance Gift: Perfume Review / Fragrance Reviewby KatiePuckrikSmells 15,994 views
- Loading more suggestions...