Homemade Coconut Milk Recipe from Dried Coconut
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 11, 2009
We are often asked at Tropical Traditions why we do not sell any packaged coconut milks. The answer is that we have never found a packaged coconut milk that meets our high standards. It is a processed product, and freshly made coconut milk will separate and spoil quite easily. The water is heavier than the natural coconut oil, so the water sinks to the bottom and the oil tends to float on top after leaving it sit for a while. Commercially packaged coconut milks must add stabilizers to keep the product from separating, and often these stabilizers are in such a small quantities that they are not listed as ingredients on the labels. It could be soy lecithin, or something like guar gum which can cause problems for people who are gluten intolerant. The product then needs to be packaged in air-tight containers to preserve it, and this is often done in metal cans that have aluminum inside, and potentially Bisphenol A (BPA). Since canned coconut milks are over 90% water, you have to be concerned about the source of water that was used in packaging as well. The best coconut milk is one you make fresh yourself!
Since most people reading this probably do not live in tropical places where you have access to fresh coconuts, the best way to make fresh coconut milk is from a high quality organic dried coconut that is not treated with sulfites and is not sweetened. If you live in a non-tropical climate and see fresh coconuts in your local grocery store, its a good bet that they have already started to mold as fresh coconuts have a very short shelf life. They start molding within a couple of days. Some coconuts that are imported to the U.S. are apparently irradiated to prevent them from spoiling.
The recipe in this video is a simple recipe anyone living in a non-tropical climate can make with a high speed blender and a top quality organic dried coconut. It takes about 10 minutes (or less) and we demonstrate just how easy it is to make your own fresh coconut milk in the video. If you do not use the coconut milk right after you make it, keep it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:14 How to Make Coconut Milkby MamaNaturalBlogFeatured 53,014
- 6:59 Olive Oil/Coconut Milk Soapby Lenise2Me . 112,406 views
- 6:41 My 4th Month Review on Coconut Oilby Bonnie90505 346,645 views
- 5:00 How To Make Organic Coconut Butter or Coconut Cream (Video 4 of a 4 Video Series)by Halle Cottis 11,858 views
- 9:31 Homemade Coconut Oil-Cold Pressed.MP4by foodequalsmedicine 62,998 views
- 8 videos Play all FOOD - HOMEMADE COCONUT OILby yogawholistics
- Coconut milk 1,333 videos12
- 2:21 How to Make Homemade Coconut Milkby PrimitiveMommy 2,878 views
- 3:32 Coconut Ice Creamby BeeRawAu 31,598 views
- 5:45 Is Coconut Oil REALLY Healthy?by mercola 327,982 views
- 1:46 How to open a coconut - cooking tutorialby yellowsaffron 186,797 views
- 9:21 Making Coconut Milk in the Omega VERT VRT330 Juicerby rawfoods 69,561 views
- 6:14 Experience the Many Benefits of Coconut Oilby mercola 588,842 views
- 5:59 How To Make Coconut Milk and Dehydrated Coconut (Video 2 of 4 Video Series)by Halle Cottis 4,919 views
- 5:47 how to make coconut butterby squiggyflop 53,461 views
- 6:49 How to Make Coconut Milk (plain and chocolate flavor)by HealingPowerHour 5,817 views
- 4:18 COCONUT OIL- WEIGHT LOSSby Ressa777 206,496 views
- 9:03 Coconut Oil :: Indian Hair Secrect :: & Vatika updateby LeniGirly 387,399 views
- 5:34 Rice Pudding Recipe - Coconut Milk Rice Pudding with Mangoby foodwishes 107,474 views
- 2:14 How to open a coconut quickly without making a messby deanying 348,800 views
- 1:45 how to make coconut milk, leche de cocoby pachigallo 37,842 views
- 4:49 My Homemade Coconut Milk Shampooby LyricJordan 28,633 views
- Loading more suggestions...