Circuit Bending Orchestra: Lara Grant at Diana Eng's Fairytale Fashion Show, Eyebeam NYC / SML
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 27, 2010
Lara Grant, part of the circuit bending orchestra for Diana Eng's Fairytale Fashion Show held at Eyebeam NYC. Through various hacks and circuit bending techniques, Lara's sewing machine trigger signals that is then fed onto laptops running MAX/MSP to produce the final soundtrack for the runway. Other team members of the orchestra are Peter Kirn and Matt Ganucheau.
Lara and Sarah are a sisterly team with interests in physical computing, electronic textiles, controller design and signal processing.
Lara has a background in fashion and textile design and is currently studying at NYU's Interactive Telecommunications Program. Sarah has a background in visual arts, programming and sound design. She is also an alumni of NYU ITP.
SML 720p HD Simulcast
Fairytale Fashion Show
7pm - 9pm
Diana Eng presented the Fairytale Fashion Collection in a technology fashion show on Wed., February 24, 7PM, at Eyebeam. Models hit the runway while an orchestra of circuit bending DJs create music from hacked video game consoles.
The Fairytale Fashion Collection uses technology to create magical clothing in real life. Electronics, mechanical engineering, and mathematics are used to create clothing with blooming flowers, changing colors and transforming shapes. Research and development for the Fairytale Fashion collection are shared online at FairytaleFashion.org as an educational tool that teaches about science, math, and technology through fashion. Fairytale Fashion was created with the support of Eyebeam Art and Technology Center, the leading not-for-profit art and technology center in the United States.
Diana Eng is a fashion designer who specializes in technology, math, and science. Her designs range from inflatable clothing to fashions inspired by mechanical engineering. She is a designer from Bravos Emmy nominated TV show, Project Runway season 2 and author of Fashion Geek: Clothes, Accessories, Tech. Diana is cofounder of NYC Resistor hacker group. Diana is currently a resident artist at Eyebeam.
CC-BY-SA See-ming Lee 李思明 SML / SML Photography / SML Universe
- 7:09 MAKE presents: Ohm's Lawby MAKE410,341 views
- 5:50 How-To: Set up an HF portable radio while hikingby MAKE156,509 views
- 9:27 Art in the Age of Terrorism: May 29, 2008 at Eyebeam Pt1by Eyebeam Art and Technology Center1,192 views
- 1:14 Diana Eng at the QRP Ham Radio Conventionby MAKE43,872 views
- 13:30 Free Steel Drum Lesson--- Steel drum basics for all levelsby Kurry Seymour2,456 views
- 15:44 Circuit Bending on Make: Live ep04by MAKE21,524 views
- 24:59 Nerf Gun "Kidwell Mod" for Nerf Deploy CS-6 Gunby thegeekgroup121,347 views
- 3:46 Fairytale Fashion Showby DianaEng33,218 views
- 82 videos Play all variousby distortionfactor
- 9:08 Bend It Like Boozey (the circuit bent experience)by DrunkJoaw1,755 views
- 2:14 Bluetooth Star Trek Communicatorby MAKE110,853 views
- 8:55 Circuit Bending With Reed Ghazalaby gearwire59,690 views
- 7:03 modified toy orchestra. black starby beyondtheatom8,869 views
- 6:30 3DTV Hands-On Demoby Blunty23,894 views
- 7:13 Brother NV 50 Sewing Machine Review (Part-1)by SewingMachinesUK18,651 views
- 3:52 She Wants to See New Things...mixed media painting by Wyanneby Wyanne Thompson6,668 views
- 5:06 Amazing Technology....by Shahnaz Ali1,928,159 views
- 4:31 Circuit Bending for Beginners, pt 1 of 4by benttronicsdotcom13,807 views
- 9:16 Circuit Bending a Nintendoby CHAD RAINES42,764 views
- 9:35 Art in the Age of Terrorism: May 29, 2008 at Eyebeam Pt3by Eyebeam Art and Technology Center425 views