Uploaded on Aug 17, 2011
In this conversation with H. Douglas Lightfoot you will learn:
1. Why energy efficiency is a two-edged sword
2. Why tree-planting is not a silver bullet
3. Why it's so hard to store large amounts of electricity
4. What are some of the lesser known forms of renewable energy
5. The difference between volcanic and household geothermal energy
6. Why some wind-power projects are being mothballed
7. Who really killed the electric car
8. What using ethanol will do to your gas mileage
9. And why we can't simply legislate less energy use
About The Lightfoot Institute
Our mission: "To generate awareness of today's global energy challenges and to advance a workable and sustainable plan that would solve the universally growing needs."
The Lightfoot Institute developed from the dire need perceived by the founders to show the importance of energy to global humanity, how much we use, how we use it, and where it comes from.
To learn more, please visit www.thelightfootinstitute.ca
Standard YouTube License