Darwin, Marx & Materialism 1/6
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 24, 2009
Godfrey Cramer delivers a lecture (serialized here in 6 short parts) on Darwin's "The Origin of Species." 2009 Marks the 200th anniversary of Darwin's birth, and the 150th anniversary of the publication of this natural scientific landmark.
Part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff8oM...
Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAL53...
Part 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLiSz...
Part 4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhmsQ...
Part 5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ly7v...
Part 6 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IVOJ...
Although Darwin himself was a conservative figure in his personal life, his scientific work is nothing short of revolutionary, showing conclusively that biological species had not simply been created as they were (as was the previous metaphysical and religious conception), but had evolved. The world, even living organisms, then, are simply complex and beautiful forms of matter in motion.
In proving Evolution as fact, Darwin not only dealt a body blow to these religious conceptions, but published a great work of dialectical materialist reasoning. Engels, in his classic work "the dialectics of nature" welcomed Darwin's weighty contribution, and pointed out that the logical extension of this method into the realm of human society was historical materialism.
It is the capitalist class's antipathy to the social implications of Darwin's work, as demonstrated by Marx and Engels, that has led to the neglect of dialectics as an explicit method within modern science, yet the concepts of dialectics are frequently 're-discovered' in diverse fields of enquiry - simply because all phenomena are essentially matter in motion, and dialectics describes the fundamentals of this motion.
Namely that all phenomena arise, develop and decay (whether species, or social systems); that phenomena must be understood, not in isolation, but in their relations with their environment; and that change takes place as a product of antagonistic forces (competition between organisms and their environment in nature, but between social classes in human society).
Standard YouTube License
- 9:17 Darwin, Marx & Materialism 2/6by ProletarianCPGBML 256 views
- 8:45 Darwin, Marx & Materialism 3/6by ProletarianCPGBML 198 views
- 10:11 Hegel and Marx: the Father and Son of Historical Philosophyby JAMES K POWELL II 9,140 views
- 3:21 Uddham Singh and Baghat Singhby ProletarianCPGBML 1,000 views
- 1:27:17 RSU Theory - Dialectical Materialismby RevStudentsUnion 1,053 views
- 5:13 Scientific evidence on urine therapyby gotproductions 2,177 views
- 2:53:49 Mark Passio - Subversive Symbolism, The Hegelian Dialectic & The Globalist Agenda - WOEIH Part 3/4by 1stageofawareness 6,771 views
- 53:59 Diálogos entre Darwin y Marxby CatedraKarlMarx03 1,026 views
- 9:01 Darwin, Marx & Materialism 4/6by ProletarianCPGBML 170 views
- 9:26 The Bloody History of Communism (12 of 14)by theunfuckable 12,093 views
- 7:27 Poprawność polityczna -- bakteria Karola Marksa -- Max Kolonko Mówi Jak Jestby Max Kolonko - MaxTV 146,403 views
- 28:00 filosofia aqui y ahora - karl marx y el capitalismo.Capitulo 10by todosumanadaresta 39,000 views
- 10:35 Darwin, Marx & Materialism 6/6by ProletarianCPGBML 228 views
- 35:14 The bloody history of communism 1 (Harun Yahya)by Yaratilistr 6,582 views
- 3:32 Karl Marx's Dialectical Materialismby forestpump 3,415 views
- 9:17 Teoria de Carlos Marx 1/3by marxengelslenin2010 104,610 views
- 2:16 Karl Marx Dialectical Materialism Explained ... (sort of)by Martyn Brown 26,615 views
- 1:50:05 Darwin's Legacy | Lecture 3by StanfordUniversity 17,000 views
- 1:10 Antiques Roadshow - The Most Valuable Find Everby williamjwestaway 252,246 views
- 9:39 The Bloody History of Communism (1 of 14)by theunfuckable 223,283 views
- Loading more suggestions...