Doug Casey on Crisis Investing, Political Risk, and a Benign Anarchy!
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 27, 2012
Follow us @
Welcome to Capital Account. The US economy slowed in the second quarter: GDP rose at 1.5% on an annualized basis according to the Commerce Department. The Wall Street Journal points out that this current economic 'recovery' is the second weakest rebound post World War II. Cue speculation about the Federal Reserve taking more action, or talk of how government GDP numbers aren't reliable anyway. How does this so-called recovery lag compared to others, and when did things really start going downhill economically in the US. Was it after a peak of good times for America in the late 50s to mid 60s, with the 1959 cadillac a relic of a bygone era? We are not just talking about its iconic tail fins, but of the decent standard of living for Americans that it represents -- one that was NOT built on unsustainable debt supplanting stagnant wages. Or was what sealed America's fate the 1971 closing of the gold window by Richard Nixon? We will talk to Doug Casey, bestselling author and founder and publisher of Casey Research, for his thoughts.
Also, Spain has, for the first time, conceded it may need a full EU IMF bailout, according to Reuters. Meanwhile, Spanish unemployment has hit the highest level since its transition to democracy post-Franco. We will take stock of the Eurozone crisis with the man who literally wrote the book on Crisis Investing, Doug Casey.
Finally, our own Demetri Kofinas will debrief us on Agora Financial's "Innovate or Die" conference, which is wrapping up today in Vancouver. Demetri will hopefully tell us how to avoid death, no pun intended.
- 30:43 David Stockman - Conversations with Caseyby Casey ResearchFeatured 74,572
- 28:02 The Future of Farmland in a World of Financial Fraud and Safe Haven Bubbles!by CapitalAccount 17,473 views
- 28:03 Doug Casey on how to Hedge Against Political Risk in the Greater Depressionby CapitalAccount 26,574 views
- 28:06 Marc Faber on a Global Crash, the U.S. Treasury Bubble and China's Slowdownby CapitalAccount 67,172 views
- 28:04 From Natural Resources to Currency Wars w/Rick Rule & Jim Rickardsby Capital Account 31,210 views
- Doug Casey 239 videos111
- 31:35 Doug Casey: 'We are living in the middle of the biggest bubble in history'by GoldMoney.com 35,505 views
- 13:21 Doug Casey: Stupidity, Evil, and the Decline of the U.S.by Casey Research 44,664 views
- 59:57 Doug Casey - Socialism and Psychological Aberration (Capitalism & Morality Seminar 2012)by CapitalismMorality 10,478 views
- 8:21 Doug Casey: There Will Be Panic Into Gold (Casey Research)by Kitco NEWS - Kitco.com 62,575 views
- 1:50:06 Doug Casey ~ TMRN 2012 07 ~ 13 Time Monk Radio Interviews Present:by TimeMonkRadioNetwork 5,583 views
- 49:59 Doug Casey Interview on Mind of Moneyby Douglass Lodmell 9,417 views
- 23:31 Max Keiser: fictitious capital with Michael Hudsonby Press TV 26,807 views
- 6:04 Why America Should Default and You Should Live Abroad: Q&A with Doug Caseyby ReasonTV 20,917 views
- 3:35 Fall of America: Doug Casey on the Largest Criminal Entity on Earthby fallofamericadvd 18,598 views
- 28:06 Richard Duncan on Riding out this Depression on a Deflationary Debt Raft!by Capital Account 24,058 views
- 54:10 Doug Casey talks to James Turkby GoldMoneyNews 69,486 views
- 16:19 Paul Krugman schooled by Austrian School Economist Pedro Schwartzby Manifest Liberty 59,232 views
- 28:00 Drawing back the Financial Iron Curtain to a Beautiful Anarchy w/Jeffrey Tucker!by CapitalAccount 11,046 views
- 11:51 Doug Casey on charities (hates them) & U.S. going bankrupt (they should do it!)by Cambridge House 15,358 views
- 28:03 Gerald Celente on Eurozone Reckoning Day and how Goldman escapes charges!by Capital Account 63,497 views
- Loading more suggestions...