Alex Ovechkin Drops F-Bomb on Bruce Boudreau (HD)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 2, 2011
Follow my YouTube video updates on Twitter. http://twitter.com/HockeyWebCast
WASHINGTON -- "Where's No. 8?"
That was the immediate question with 1:02 left in the third period and the Washington Capitals trailing the Anaheim Ducks by a goal on Tuesday night. Tomas Vokoun had been yanked for an extra skater; so where was No. 8 for Anaheim, Teemu Selanne, trying to tally the 23rd hat trick of his career with an empty-netter and complete a five-point night?
"No, stupid ... where's the other No. 8?"
The Capitals had six skaters on the ice and none of them were Alex Ovechkin. He was benched
The captain. The dude with 306 career goals and 52 game-winning goals. The meal ticket, the franchise, the guy with the wax statue down the road at the museum.
As Coach Bruce Boudreau talked to his troops, Keith Jones of VERSUS was between the benches opining:
"If you're the Capitals' Bruce Boudreau, you want to get the guys that are going in this game on the ice. Ovechkin, of course, is going to be one of those guys. But why not have Joel Ward on the ice? Deserving of that because of the way he played in this game. Chimera on the ice, a guy that's been all over the puck. That's what Boudreau has to contemplate right now."
After Boudreau was done diagramming, he turned to Ovechkin, shook his head briefly as he said something, stepped on the bench and walked around him. Ovechkin looked agitated. He dropped an F-bomb. He then dropped an F-bomb with an adjective "fat" in front of it as players like Chimera and Ward took the ice.
The result: Nicklas Backstrom scored the game-tying goal with 42 seconds left. Assisted by Jason Chimera and Brooks Laich. Without Ovechkin or Alex Semin on the ice.
Naturally, this all led to clutching of the pearls over a player cussing about his coach's decision and questions about a rift between a star player and his coach. All of which ignores the fact that Ovechkin's reaction and Bruce Boudreau's "gut" are both the type of things that are eventually going to win the Stanley Cup for the Capitals.
Thanks to PD for the story.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:32 Bruce fuckin' Boudreau - HBO 24/7 locker room speech (w/ counter)by alvesNYRFeatured 191,797
- 2:55 Tortorella owns reporter - Dubinsky shorthandedby markmessier94 120,901 views
- 1:11 Ovechkin Injures Brian Campbell and Gets Ejectedby OddManRush72 794,886 views
- 1:20 Alexander Ovechkin fight Zdeno Charaby MrNico312 564,682 views
- 0:34 Ovechkin Spears Neil 12/7/2011 [HD]by CanadiensMedia 280,308 views
- 11:43 Alexander Ovechkin His Life Full versionby XxlNieklxX 103,233 views
- 0:37 Sidney Crosby Cursing like a Sailorby Anglo Montreal 238,186 views
- 3:12 Alex Ovechkin Russia Tour: Part 1by BauerHockey1927 72,531 views
- 16 videos Play all F bombsby stormridergreyeagle
- 3:48 Alexander Ovechkin Rap in Russian (with lyrics)by gurjeet3 173,185 views
- 1:59 Jonathan Quick drops three F-bombs at Kings' Stanley Cup Celebrationby CBSEyeOnHockey 55,544 views
- 3:45 Top 10 Alex Ovechkin Off Ice Momentsby demonflare38 135,195 views
- 1:01 Ovechkin and Backstrom Shoot Hoopsby Gunaxin 91,162 views
- 0:25 Dustin Brown Drops F-Bomb...again.by nyirock35 81,825 views
- 1:44 Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin give Shanahan a Bday Cakeby letsgopens8711 768,763 views
- 0:58 Ovechkin Hip Check on P.K. Subban: "Hit of the year" [HD]by NEINetwork 609,333 views
- 3:46 ☆Alexander Ovechkin☆ Highlights (HD)by TubeFace95 480,423 views
- 2:44 Alex Ovechkin suspended 3 games 1/23/12by NHLVideo 87,649 views
- 0:30 Alex Ovechkin blows off fansby joecooz87 7,811 views
- 3:26 Alexander Ovechkin - Amazing by Kanye Westby mahonechic89 31,164 views
- 1:15 Alex Ovechkin/Chris Neil Incident (December 7 2011)by Fel0096 59,691 views
- Loading more suggestions...