There's the Door
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Sep 11, 2012
RELATED ITEM: 12 *Fair* Ways to Reduce the Federal Deficit http://www.sanders.senate.gov/newsroo...
Congress faces stark choices in the coming months over how to lower deficits. There's a right way and a wrong way, Sen. Bernie Sanders said in a Senate speech on Tuesday. He has outlined a fair and progressive way to reduce red ink. It includes rolling back tax breaks for the wealthy, closing corporate loopholes and taking a hard look at the Pentagon budget. He also is leading the fight against proposals by House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan and others to cut Social Security, slash Medicaid and end Medicare as we know it by offering seniors vouchers to buy insurance.
Here's how Sanders described the Republican Medicare plan in Tuesday's speech:
"Let's just assume that a 70-year-old individual, 75-year-old individual walks into a doctor's office and the doctor says, 'Joe, Mary, I'm really sorry to tell you but you're dealing with cancer. We're going to have to send you to the hospital. There are a whole number of treatments that you are going to have to undertake and those treatments are going to cost you tens and tens of thousands of dollars, if not more.' That individual then goes to his or her insurance company and says, 'I have $8,000 to buy an insurance policy.' What do you think that insurance agent is going to tell that individual when that person is facing tens and tens of thousands of dollars of medical bills? That insurance company's function is to make money. They're not going to say, 'Oh, sure, thanks, give us the $8,000 so we can spend $50,000 on health care costs for you.' It ain't going to happen. That insurance company's going to say, 'There's the door.'"
Standard YouTube License
- 58:19 The George Jones Show (FULL EPISODE) Merle Haggard, Trace Adkins, Lorrie Morganby KLUNKETFeatured 30,481
- 25:18 The American People Are Angryby Bernie Sanders 225,782 views
- 6:52 Lloyd Blankfein is the Face of Class Warfareby Bernie Sanders 37,771 views
- 3:53 Romney's Ruling Classby Bernie Sanders 17,713 views
- 4:43 Healthcare: Sanders vs Paulby Bernie Sanders 76,815 views
- 14:59 Bernie Sanders Goes After Monsantoby MOXNEWSd0tC0M 24,088 views
- 4:40 Bernie Sanders on Real Time with Bill Maher - January 21, 2012by lamosjonathan 23,835 views
- 4:41 "How Long Before The Dollar Collapses?"by MOXNEWSd0tC0M 45,521 views
- 43:50 Beginners Herbologyby Duron Chavis 9,058 views
- 15:13 THIS IS WHY JESSE VENTURA IS NOT ALLOWED ON LIVE TV! "Every War Starts With A False Flag Operation"by MOXNEWSd0tC0M 1,348,035 views
- 7:13 Phil Hellmuth gets scolded for whining while another player is all-inby scalabrine24 183,121 views
- 5:10 Alan Grayson Laughs In Ben Bernanke's Faceby TruthStartsNow 2,001 views
- 5:32 WHERE'S half a trillion dollars, Ben? Grayson hammers Bernanke (07/21/09)by truthbomb1 129,777 views
- 18:43 Ben Swann Reality Check Special Talking Federal Reserve, Jekyll Island, Audit The Fed, QE3.by Theglobalistchan 1,024 views
- 4:32 » Geithner arrested 116 major bank resignations PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO WHATS SAID HERE !!!by seattlepatriot1776 102,208 views
- 7:10 Ron Paul reacts to Ben Bernanke being named TIME 'Person of the Year'by PoliJAM 101,002 views
- 2:46 Senator Sanders asks Bernanke WHERE IS THE MONEYby CrusherCurley 111,030 views
- 7:14 Rep Dennis Kucinich D-OH tears Chairman Ben Bernake a new one!!by Liber T 75,442 views
- 5:12 Alan Grayson: "Which Foreigners Got the Fed's $500,000,000,000?" Bernanke: "I Don't Know."by RepAlanGrayson 372,374 views
- 14:15 2012 RON PAUL vs. BEN BERNANKE - 3 Brutal Roundsby pmpowell001 75,856 views
- Loading more suggestions...