Credible Sport Test YMC 130 H
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 30, 2007
YMC 130 H Credible Sport
The "CREDIBLE SPORT" PROGRAM.
The "CREDIBLE SPORT" or XSC-130 H, YMC-130 H, YSC-130 H, etc. SUPER STOL PROGRAM. Defined on Lockheed top drawing No. 3319810
After the failure of the hostage rescue mission in Iran on April 24, 1980. The Office of the Secretary of Defense Directorate approached Lockheed Georgia to modify 3 C-130 H aircraft.
These aircraft were to take off from Eglin AFB in Florida; and refuel in-flight on the way to Iran; then land in the Amjadien soccer stadium across the street from the U. S. Embassy in Teheran Iran; with the intention of extracting the American Hostages from the Embassy in Tehran Iran. After rescuing the Hostage these aircraft were to land on the Aircraft Carrier the U.S. S. Nimitz in the Persian Gulf.
The following 3 C-130 H airframes were pulled out of active Air Force service inventory and were considered expendable. These airframes were modified from April to August 1980 as follows: To Y M C-130 H configuration.
LOCKHEED # CS, Phase I [C.n.] # 4658 382 c-41 d A.F. Serial Number 74-1683, Airframe #1 Assigned to the 463 Tactical Air Wing Oct 1977 to Sept 1980. Modified to a YMC-130 H configuration for a rescue operation in Iran. With a C-141 in-flight refueling pod, DC-130 type radome. 30 Rockets total (ASROC engines provided by the Navy) pointing Forward and downward on the forward and rear fuselage. This was the first airframe modified. It was tested at Duke field Eglin AFB. It flew approximately 4 test flights there. This aircraft crashed at a demonstration on Oct 29, 1980 with, I believe Col. Belden as pilot in command. The airframe was buried at Duke field Eglin AFB after the crash.
CS Phase II [C.n.] # 4669 382 c-41 d 74-1686 Airframe #2 Assigned to the 463 T A W September 1976 to 1980. Modified to Y M C-130 H. 4950 Tactical Air Wing November 1982 to October 1987. Modified for a rescue operation in Iran. Modified as 74-1683. This airframe was used for experimental testing purposes at Warner Robins AFB. These test provided the foundation and prototype testing for the Combat Talon II aircraft. This airframe was DE-modified and given to the Warner Robins museum in March 1988.
[C.n.] # 4667 382 c-41 d 74-2065, Airframe #3 was Assigned to the 463 T A W Oct 1977 to Sept 1980. This airframe was never completely modified to YMC-130H configuration and was used as a test platform for form fit and function of parts. The Rockets were never fitted. This Airframe was DE-modified in November 1984 at Lockheed Ontario. Painted in Lizard Camouflage scheme February 1988. Oct. 1991 assigned to the 773AS to present day.
Airframe #4 #382-#1832 (C/N 382-3795) 3795 c382-8b c 130E 62-1832 ABCCC, was used as the interior mock up airframe for the Credible Sport program modified sometime between August and October of 1980.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:57 C-130 YMC-130H Lockheed Hercules flight test accident crashby gmcjetpilotFeatured 12,345,008
- 0:49 Lockheed YMC-130 Combat Talon Operation Credible Sport JATO Accidentby jaglavaksoldier 174,379 views
- 6:16 P-6M Seamaster Jet Seaplane: Faster than today's B-2s, B-52sby dynmicpara 334,751 views
- 7:32 Aircraft Crashesby Brandon Collins 8,281,317 views
- 0:55 C130 Hercules Tragedy.by molly mollyisagooddog 778,728 views
- 23 videos Play all Jets & Planesby ozoa808
- 0:51 NASA Quiet Short-Haul Research Aircraft (QSRA) Carrier Trialsby jaglavaksoldier 245,360 views
- 0:15 C-130 Carrier Landingby J.C. King 782,769 views
- 7:19 THE WORLDS BIGGEST PLANES!! by kieran smithby kieran smith 13,299,269 views
- 1:54 Convair F2Y Sea Dartby jaglavaksoldier 181,777 views
- 0:48 LC130 Jato Takeoffby lowestsodium 241,869 views
- 2:04 Super STOL C-130 Mishapby ATFSCrash 394,210 views
- 0:44 Unmanned Surface Vessel (USV)by nsumeera 1,098,472 views
- 2:14 B747 landing airport Terengganuby badrule35 197,881 views
- 2:15 C-130 Mishapby jdspectre 3,670,860 views
- 2:32 Extremely short take off Lockheed C-5 Galaxy America's biggest planeby LoveAviation 1,151,437 views
- 1:05 AC 130 hercules gunshipby DarkLord501Z 170,291 views
- 1:26 Blue Angle's "Fat Albert" C-T130by Hy Lu 292,701 views
- 1:00 C130 gone wrongby Dan Carlyon 132,191 views
- 5:44 C-130 Hercules on an Aircraft Carrier!!by aviationvidsDOTcom 1,225,038 views
- 3:12 Ilyushin IL-18 Aborted take offby incongra 3,015,771 views
- Loading more suggestions...