Hugo Chavez & Officials Caught in Huge Drug Money Scandal!
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 1, 2012
CARACAS, Venezuela -- Venezuela's justice minister on Monday accused a former Supreme Court magistrate of receiving money from drug traffickers.
Justice Minister Tareck El Aissami made the accusation against ex-Magistrate Eladio Aponte, who charged in a television interview shown last week that government and military officials have manipulated court cases.
Venezuelan authorities on Friday put out an international request for Aponte's capture.
"He fled because he was dismissed in order to be brought before justice," El Aissami said at a news conference.
Aponte was dismissed from his post by Venezuela's National Assembly on March 20 over accusations that he had ties to drug suspect Walid Makled. Aponte was accused of providing Makled, who is now jailed in Venezuela, with an official identification card. He has said he thought Makled was a reputable businessman.
Aponte later traveled to Costa Rica, where officials in the Central American country said he was then flown to the United States last week aboard a U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration plane.
El Aissami criticized the DEA's handling of the affair and said Venezuelan officials plan to present evidence that Aponte received money from drug trafficking.
In his television interview, Aponte denied receiving drug money but acknowledged that he had participated in manipulating cases at what he said was the request of government and military officials.
The ex-judge's charges have become fodder for political debate in Venezuela as opposition politicians call for an investigation into his claims.
President Hugo Chavez referred to Aponte's accusations for the first time Monday, calling him a "criminal" in a phone call from Havana aired live on television.
El Aissami denied accusations by Aponte that some military officials, including the chief of the national anti-drug office, have ties to drug traffickers. The justice minister said Aponte had made false claims because Gen. Nestor Reverol, the head of the anti-drug office, "had been following his steps."
Aponte didn't provide evidence to back his claims during the interview.
Venezuelan officials believe the DEA knew about Aponte's links for several years but withheld that information from the country's authorities, El Aissami said. He accused the DEA of harboring a fugitive in the United States.
DEA officials in Washington have declined to comment about Aponte.
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/23...
Standard YouTube License
- 2:06:22 Dr. Steve Pieczenik & Alex Jones-FULL INTERVIEW (5-3-11)by ConspiracyScope 76,101 views
- 39:50 Joel Skousen: The Origins of May Day and The Commiesby TheAlexJonesChannel 28,737 views
- 23:12 Alex Takes Calls from Military & Police on The Growing Police Stateby TheAlexJonesChannel 54,829 views
- 4:19 NATO Destroyed Libya - Hugo Chavezby CommunistWarrior1917 50,712 views
- 10:04 FOTOS QUE CHAVEZ NO QUIERE QUE VEAN 0002by libertad37 4,175,755 views
- 98 videos Play all TAJ 050712 PLTby MyDailyConcerns
- 52:54 Hugo Chávez Documentary - Eng Subsby stopYOURdumshyt 33,917 views
- 8:10 Chávez No pudo mentirle a Oscar Yánez en la Silla Caliente 17-06-1998by Ender Mujica 84,088 views
- 1:30:55 Secrets of Survival with Joel Skousenby TheAlexJonesChannel 148,741 views
- 3:18 Presidente Chávez llama a la calma a sectores de la oposiciónby vivetelevision 3,456 views
- 15:00 Red Dawn Re-Education Camps in America Run by "PSYOP Officers" 2/3by TheAlexJonesChannel 17,709 views
- 2:50 Hugo Chavez: "The Stupid People From Fox News"by PoliticsNewsPolitics 363,529 views
- 14:52 Alex Jones Special Report - Danny Panzella reports on the NYPD Fusion Center & Surveillance Gridby TruthSquadTV 6,555 views
- 8:05 The Denial of Cass Sunstein: Just Admit What You Have Writtenby TheAlexJonesChannel 14,896 views
- 40:56 An All Out Offensive Against liberty & Freedom Hits Final Stageby TheAlexJonesChannel 29,671 views
- 41:51 Globalist Infiltration of Society at Every Levelby TheAlexJonesChannel 19,181 views
- 42:40 The History of Modern Healthcare with Dr. Peter Gliddenby TheAlexJonesChannel 34,481 views
- 10:03 Venezuela's Chavez: Did U.S. Give Latin American Leaders Cancer?by TheAlexJonesChannel 28,938 views
- 6:30 Chávez: No hubo nunca antes Ley del Trabajo tan discutida como la nueva LOTTTby vivetelevision 1,333 views
- 2:10:16 Alex Jones Show Complete (Ad Free) - Tuesday (5-1-12) Joel Skousen, Peter Glidden!by wannaberichlikeme 2,081 views
- 4:44 "Ron Paul Won Minnesota & Washington State!" Rachel Maddow (THIS IS HOW WE DO IT BABY!)by MOXNEWSd0tC0M 97,289 views
- Loading more suggestions...