Andrew Garfield talks 'Facebook friends' vs 'real friends' in this interview for The Social Network
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 13, 2010
BlackTree TV Jamaal Finkley talks to actor Andrew Garfield about his role in The Social Network.
Drawn from multiple sources, the film moves from the halls of Harvard to the cubicles of Palo Alto as it captures the visceral thrill of the heady early days of a culture-changing phenomenon in the making -- and the way it both pulled a group of young revolutionaries together and then split them apart. In the midst of the chaos are Mark Zuckerberg (JESSE EISENBERG), the brilliant Harvard student who conceived a website that seemed to redefine our social fabric overnight; Eduardo Saverin (ANDREW GARFIELD), once Zuckerberg's close friend, who provided the seed money for the fledgling company; Napster founder Sean Parker (JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE) who brought Facebook to Silicon Valley's venture capitalists; and the Winklevoss twins (ARMIE HAMMER and JOSH PENCE), the Harvard classmates who asserted that Zuckerberg stole their idea and then sued him for ownership of it.
Each has his own narrative, his own version of the Facebook story -- but they add up to more than the sum of their parts in what becomes a multi-level portrait of 21st Century success -- both the youthful fantasy of it and its finite realities as well.
One drunken night in October of 2003, having just broken up with his girlfriend, Mark hacks into the university's computers to create a site that forms a database of all the women on campus, then lines up two pictures next to each other and asks the user to choose which is "hotter." He calls the site Facemash, and it instantly goes viral, crashing the entire Harvard system and generating campus-wide controversy over the site's purported misogyny, and charges that Mark, in creating Facemash, intentionally breached security, violated copyrights and violated individual privacy. Yet in that moment, the underlying framework for Facebook is born. Shortly after, Mark launches thefacebook.com, which will spread like wildfire from one screen to the next across Harvard, through the Ivy League to Silicon Valley, and then literally to the entire world.
But in the chaos of creation comes passionate conflict -- about how it all went down, and who deserves recognition for what is clearly developing into one of the century's signal ideas --conflict that will divide friends and spur legal action.
To forge a palpable sense of that fog of creation, of history still being written, Sorkin and Fincher collaborated on a carefully constructed, non-aligned storytelling style that intentionally does not choose sides. Instead, the film presents a consortium of equally tricky narrators -- each of whom believes he is in the right and that his particular memories are the truth of the matter -- while leaving the larger questions of what really happened entirely open for the audience.
http://www.blacktree.tv A BlackTree Media Production Thank you for watching!
Standard YouTube License
- 3:06 Jesse Eisenberg is Not a Facebook Fanby TheEllenShow Featured 299,187
- 5:09 Armie Hammer does double the work in The Social Networkby BlackTree TV43,385 views
- 6:58 THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Interview w/ Andrew Garfieldby BlackTree TV20,828 views
- 4:58 Jesse Eisenberg plays Mark Zuckerberg in The Social Network.by BlackTree TV35,132 views
- 6:21 Justin Timberlake interview The Social Networkby BlackTree TV54,500 views
- 7:30 Winklevoss Twins - Facebook was our idea - Tyler & Cameronby ViralFuture892,696 views
- 8:20 Interview with Andrew Garfield and Jesse Eisenberg with Phillip Siddiq for the film The Social Network! WEB!by Phillip Siddiq51,560 views
- 5:22 The Social Network: Jesse Eisenberg, Andrew Garfield and Justin Timberlake - Buzzine Interviewsby BuzzineNetworks60,290 views
- 74 videos Play all the social networkby katiesparrow
- 6:45 Lynn Hirschberg asks actors what movie made you cry?by W magazine312,405 views
- 3:28 Keira Knightley - Never Let Me Go interview, Carey Mulligan, Andrew Garfieldby keiraweb214,678 views
- 5:57 Andrew Garfield interview for The Amazing Spider-Manby moviesireland85,768 views
- 5:44 Jesse Eisenberg, Justin Timberlake, and Andrew Garfield on their characters in The Social Networkby GothamFilm27,108 views
- 5:34 A Conversation With Andrew Garfieldby LovelyLittleGun120,270 views
- 14:44 THE SOCIAL NETWORK Interviews with Jesse Eisenberg, Justin Timberlake, Andrew Garfield and more!by Jake Hamilton36,853 views
- 14:59 Jesse, Andrew and Justin - "The View" (2010)by PetronelaTSN31,441 views
- 7:56 Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield EW Interview at 2011 Comic Conby moondarksound764,906 views
- 13:27 Jesse Eisenberg & Andrew Garfield: DP/30 (Part 3)by michelinamarie36,708 views
- 4:59 Behind the scene : The social network (making of)by Cine30032,318 views
- 7:38 TheSocialNetwork: Behind The Scenesby junebugreview68,593 views