Smart Tips - How To Keep Berries Fresh by Nancy Newcomer
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 22, 2012
Nancy Newcomer, Food Blogger & Radio Personality at http://NancyNewcomer.com, shares a smart tip about how to keep your berries fresh and prevent them from getting mushy or moldy.
"Smart Tips" is produced by Geffner Productions. Please visit http://GeffnerProductions.com to find out how to become a featured on-camera expert in your very own series of "Smart Tips" videos.
Don't you hate it when you go to the farmer's market and you bring home a beautiful basket of berries, and by the time you're ready to eat them they've already gone bad? Today, I'm going to show you a tip on how to prevent your berries from going mushy and moldy! First, we're going to make a solution to rinse your berries in: 1/3 cup white vinegar to 4 cups water. Next, we're going to place the berries in the solution, and we're going to swirl them around gently. You don't want to get them banged up or bruised. And we're going to just let them soak and swirl for about 30 seconds. Next, we're going to drain the berries. And make sure you do this very gently, we don't want to get them bruised up. Now, we're going to dry the berries. And we're just going to gently lay them out on a paper towel. And you can let them sit there for about 3-5 minutes. Now that your berries are dry, they are ready to store. Just grab a container and put a little layer of paper towel there, and gently put your berries in the container. What's really great about this vinegar and water solution is that it kills the mold spores and the bacteria on the surface of the fruit, and helps your berries stay fresher longer. Now they are ready to store in your fridge and they'll be good when you're ready to eat them. I'm Nancy Newcomer, check out my website at www.NancyNewcomer.com, and while you're there, sign up for my newsletter, "Nancy's Dish". It comes out every month and I have new recipes and great tips. Thanks for watching!
Standard YouTube License
- 4:52 How To Freeze Strawberries.by foodfaqFeatured 2,528
- 21:00 A Basket of Blue Berriesby BerryBittyAdventures 55,057 views
- 5:59 Stop Coming Over the Topby golfconfidencepro 282,479 views
- 2:59 How to Grow Strawberriesby osmocotegarden 19,368 views
- 2:58 Smart Tips - How To Make Your Own Salad Dressing by Nancy Newcomerby SmartTipsVideos 2,298 views
- 3:13 How to Dehydrate Blueberriesby Dehydrate2store 20,658 views
- 2:24 How to keep lettuce fresh for 3 weeksby DansFreshProduce 1,659 views
- 1:36 Drinking Water out of Airby LocoTV Dos 15,753 views
- 1:23 Smart Tips - How To Make Easy, Healthy Popsicles by Nancy Newcomerby SmartTipsVideos 2,428 views
- 32:36 What's In & Out of my Raw Foods Fridgeby okraw 10,298 views
- 9:21 Homemade Lacto-Fermented Salsaby PassionateHomemaking 7,685 views
- 2:18 Benefits of Cherry Fruit | Cherries Fruit Nutritionby mulyonoadios 1,898 views
- 2:02 Smart Tips - How To Clean Fresh Veggies by Nancy Newcomerby SmartTipsVideos 1,358 views
- 6:54 隱函數的微分by CUSTCourses 325 views
- 1:46 Smart Tips - 3 Creative Ways To Use Coffee Leftovers by Nancy Newcomerby SmartTipsVideos 738 views
- 10:36 Sloppy Joe's Recipe! What's for Dinner? Noreen's Kitchenby Noreens Kitchen 4,591 views
- 15:32 Chinese Delicacy Special | Ashensby ashens 386,202 views
- 5:38 How to Make Homemade Spa Productsby KJOUR77 5,848 views
- 1:21 FridgeSmart® Container Two Week Challengeby tupperware 39,852 views
- 4:15 How To Create a Blind Hem Stitch Using Your Home Sewing Machine with Angela Wolfby becraftsy 7,687 views
- Loading more suggestions...