DHS Checkpoint Video Blog Day 5: The Gang's All Here
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 7, 2008
On the afternoon of February 1, 2008, I was stopped yet again at a suspicionless internal Homeland Security checkpoint on SR86 in Southern Arizona near mile post 146. The location is over 40 miles North of the border.
This was the fifth time in three weeks I've been stopped & seized at this checkpoint absent reasonable suspicion. Normally, there are only three or four agents present with two patrol vehicles parked nearby. This time the scenario were dramatically different.
Present were no less than twelve agents visible at any given time along with six Homeland Security vehicles lining the entry to the checkpoint. There was also a large United States flag flying over one of the trailers - something that hasn't been present before. Perhaps the agents were hoping the large American flag would somehow mask their un-American activities.
As I first came to a stop at the checkpoint, several agents converged on my vehicle and one can be heard pounding on the truck near time marker 01:15. About nine seconds later, another agent to the rear of my vehicle can be heard yelling, "Hi Terry". This of course clearly indicates the agents knew who I was and, by extension, that I wasn't an illegal alien. Nonetheless, the agents continued to detain me at the checkpoint for several minutes in order to harass and intimidate.
As the suspicionless seizure of my person continued, a Homeland Security agent can be seen waving at me near 02:09 while several high(er) ranking agents can be seen near 02:13 standing in the background looking on with satisfaction. Whether or not they were also onscene to make sure things didn't get out of hand during the staged confrontation is unknown.
As time progressed, another agent wearing blue 'inspection' gloves and carrying a sprint camera phone (service issue?) can be seen walking around the vehicle methodically taking photographs. His name tag indicates he is 'J. Gonzalez'. The tags appear to be attached with velcro however and are easily removed. As such, I give little credence to the validity of a name displayed on a tag - especially when the agents refuse to verify their identity.
Near 02:39, one of the agents who initially waved at me can be seen shaking hands with another agent. Finally, near 03:22, the same agent who yelled my name during the initial stop, yelled 'Bye Terry' after I was given permission to go on my way after Homeland Security finished having its fun.
I also note the stopping agent, 'K. June' according to her name tag, refused to face me after directing me to stop. Instead, she pressed herself up against the cab of the vehicle between the two side doors just out of view. This was the same agent who stopped me on January 8th:
Along with a night stop with drug dogs on January 23rd:
Another male agent also decided to play hide and seek while pressing himself up against the passenger side of the cab between the front and rear doors.
Approximately thirty minutes after I passed through the checkpoint, only four or five agents remained on-scene to conduct operations. This means the rest of the 'gang with guns' left the scene shortly after the staged show of force ended.
While watching the video, consider the lack of professionalism displayed by these Border Patrol agents at every level. These are the same agents who have been empowered with an extraordinary level of unfettered field discretion to stop, seize and detain individuals based upon no reasonable suspicion whatsoever. Also ask yourself how much illegal traffic crossed the border forty miles to the South of this checkpoint while twelve Homeland Security agents played domination games along a public highway that never intersects the border at any point.
The 4th amendment was specifically created to protect us against this type of arbitrary enforcement activity by over-reaching federal agencies. It would seem however that the 'writ of assistance' is alive and well in modern day America and everyone is now considered a suspect.
Far from increasing the security of the country, these checkpoints serve as little more than obedience training for the burgeoning American police state.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:27 You dont have to show IDby millsmost42,923 views
- 2:42 Two ways to approach your Inland-Border-Patrol Checkpointby crankabit96,195 views
- 1:50 Federal agents amin at our heads.!! Why are u recording?by 18luar253,322 views
- 13:18 Lindsey Williams - 12 steps to Prepareby euchefied97,431 views
- 9:52 Knowledge is power!by Tactikalguy11,173,163 views
- 4:15 4409 -- NAZI Checkpoint Confronted - 4by RP4409303,829 views
- 17:50 The Terror Within: Former DHS Officer, Julia Davis Speaks Out!by TheAlexJonesChannel241,447 views
- 8:57 Immigration Status Smelling Dog or Illegal Drug Checkpoint?by CheckpointUSA85,481 views
- 3:31 ACTUAL FOOTAGE Pastor Beaten Tased by Border Patrol DPS (Alex Jones) GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE MEby AANDJVIDS211,773 views
- 2:52 Border Patrol Checkpoints: Checkpoint Conversation "Australians and French!" WTF?by River Shark99,173 views
- 1:41 EXCLUSIVE: U.S. Citizens Arrested at Airport for Refusing Border Patrol Questionsby democracynow60,515 views
- 6:04 Primary Purpose of DHS Checkpoints Revealedby CheckpointUSA65,791 views
- 1:42 Checkpoint in America?by PromiseArizona111,219 views
- 5:29 Checkpoint Laughs - US Border Patrol Checkpoint, Hippie displays Yes, I'm a US Citizen Business Cardby Robert Trudell103,698 views
- 3:21 DHS Checkpoint Blog Entry 7: 'Cruzing' Right Alongby CheckpointUSA43,449 views
- 1:39 Homeland Security Checkpoint: Video Blog - Day 2by CheckpointUSA112,427 views
- 4:37 Illegal Internal Immigration Checkpointby waggoneer297,245 views
- 1:30 Border Patrol Agent Caught On Cam Stealing Marijuanaby DanceRooster221,513 views
- 0:45 Asesinan y cuelgan de un puente a "la pelirroja" ex líder de una banda de secuestradores 31/12/2010by orionyx7,286,799 views
- 22:15 Crossing the line at the border: Part IIby PBSNeedtoKnow53,898 views
- Loading more suggestions...