Redrunner/Greenrunner/Retroskoi+ Trailer (64KB C64 Cartridge Version) (6581 SID)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 1, 2012
This video is of Aleksi Eeben's Redrunner and Greenrunner running on the 8-Bit, 1Mhz Commodore 64C. This is the 64KB cartridge version that was created by Aleksi with the two games updated and fixed for PAL/NTSC. The Retroskoi+ synth features more presets and a wider keyboard range to the original, and is exclusive to this cartridge.
"THIS IS THE VOICE OF THE GREENRUNNER..."
Released back in 2006 at the Game Over(view) Freestyle Jam, Greenrunner literally blew the competition away with it's frantic arcade gameplay and amazing mix of sampled speech and high quality soundtrack. It's a game so hardcore and visually intense that it's probable that even Jeff Minter would beg for mercy at the thought of having to beat all 100 levels.
Grab a friend (or take on the challenge solo), jump into your Cyanitizer and Yellowizer battle craft, buckle up and warm up the four-directional bug-blasting pesticide cannons. This is going to be one hell of a trip.
"THIS IS THE VOICE OF THE REDRUNNER..."
One year on, the bugs are back, and this time they are in full colour! Improving on the high-res character based graphics of the original, 2007's Redrunner challenges the player with an all new and improved 100 waves of chaos. Lock 'n' load!
Greenrunner, Redrunner and Retroskoi+ are NTSC and PAL compatible, and the game menu joystick control means that the two games are even playable on the Commodore 64 GS console. The box was illustrated by Miha Rinne, and the 64KB PCB is housed in a clear cartridge shell illuminated by an internal flashing green and red LED, complete with a printed manual and Retroskoi+ reference sheet.
The cartridge will be available to buy from http://www.rgcd.co.uk in mid July 2012.
RRP £25/26 including Europe/Worldwide postage.
The games will also be available together on disk or tape from http://psytronik.net/ - with the tape, disk and premium disk versions costing £4.99/£4.99/£9.99 respectively, plus postage.
Retroskoi+ will be cartridge exclusive and not available in other formats.
Standard YouTube License
- 31:01 Vicious Sid 2 / The Noisy Bunch / C64 demoby Michael Huth1,941 views
- 1:33 Ring modulation on the MOS Technology SID chip - constant square wave, swept triangle waveby Richard Atkinson216 views
- 5:09 C64 - Bomberman C64by Mingos Commodorepage3,563 views
- 1:11 Ring modulation on the MOS Technology 8580R5 SID chip, harmonic seriesby Richard Atkinson154 views
- 30:16 Commodore Amiga 1200 Reviewby Kooky Tech34,907 views
- 4:44 Today's kids try the Commodore 64by galleryofsports139,116 views
- 29:54 Why use Amiga in 2011? (AmigaOS 4, MorphOS, AROS, AmigaOS 3.9)by Kooky Tech195,140 views
- 0:12 3 square waves low pass filtered on the MOS Technology 8580R5 SID chip, high cutoff frequencyby Richard Atkinson73 views
- 51:30 C64 Longplay  Mayhem in Monsterlandby Recorded C64 Games3,799 views
- 8:52 Commodore Amiga 500 promo 1987by Roger Galleway33,920 views
- 5:17 Commodore Amiga CD32 with Paravision SX-1 Review in HDby Gamester8160,414 views
- 8:18 Commodore 64 Sid Chip Synth Part 4by whisk0r5,855 views
- 4:10 Amiga: Videotoaster System 2.0 Demo from NewTekby cholliep45,276 views
- 1:15:02 Top 10 Amiga Games You've Never Heard About! - 1/3 - by LemonAmiga.comby LemonTubeAmiga66,937 views
- 8:57 C64 Longplay - Midnight Resistance (Part 1/2)by DerSchmu24,203 views
- 10:00 Brandenburg on a SIDby 256byteram18,869 views
- 4:03 VIRTUAL DREAMS 1993 242 (A500)by lemmingiFIGation629 views
- 59:28 Commodore Promotionvideos: Werbung für C64 und VC20by Turricanbronko61,000 views
- 3:48:42 Game Boy Advance Longplay  Castlevania: Aria of Sorrowby cubex5528,269 views
- 5:31 Even NASA used Amiga's!by amigang3,372 views
- Loading more suggestions...