How to Make the Classic Daisy Chain Stitch - Jewelry-Making Technique
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 15, 2011
In partnership with http://www.FaveCrafts.com , I am pleased to present this video on how to make the classic daisy chain stitch! For more free craft projects, video tutorials and craft tips, visit http://www.FaveCrafts.com .
This video will show you how to make the classic daisy chain stitch. Once you learn how to make this basic stitch, you will be able to make many wonderful variations.
» Materials List «
• A beading needle
• Beading thread (I am using Nymo thread, size D) (#H20-1250BS)*
• Beads in three different colors (I am using size 6 seed beads)
• A pair of scissors
• A ruler
* I included the item numbers for Fire Mountain ( http://www.firemountain.com ), where I purchase most of my supplies, at the end of each item for your reference.
» Instructions «
• Measure and cut your beading thread. I will be making a bracelet, so I cut a 24-inch piece of thread.
• Thread your needle. String on four of your "background" beads, four of your "petal" beads, and lastly, one of your "center" beads.
• Slide your needle through your first petal bead, the one closest to your background beads. Pull your string all the way through and gently tighten.
• Now string on two or three petal beads. Slide your needle through the bottom petal bead, the one closest to your center bead. Pull your string all the way through and gently tighten.
• Continue your beading until you have reached your desired length. Since I was making a bracelet, I stopped when I reached 6-1/2".
Tip: Use clamp on bead tips to start and finish your jewelry. It makes your jewelry look more professional than if you were just to tie the clasp on. I have a video on finishing strung jewelry here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWpziW...
Thanks so much for watching! This tutorial was brought to you by http://www.FaveCrafts.com .
Socialize with me!!
┌ Website and blog: http://www.eclecticdesignsbycatherine...
├ Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+Eclecticdesi...
├ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EclecticDesi...
├ Twitter: https://twitter.com/EDbyCatherine
├ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/eclecticdesigns
├ Subscribe to my blog! http://feeds.feedburner.com/eclecticd...
├ Want to contact me? Message me here on YouTube or leave a comment on any video! I read each and every comment posted.
└ Business inquiries? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Disclaimer: All products used in this video were purchased by me. FaveCrafts has compensated me for this video.
Standard YouTube License
- 22:44 PULSERA CON TUPIES Y BOLITAS O CHAQUIRASby Eva Asensio Featured 19,790
- 4:43 How to Make a Vertical Spacer Daisy Chain Bracelet -- Jewelry-making Tutorialby eclecticdesigns213,918 views
- 4:02 How to Make a Memory Wire Bracelet - Jewelry-making Tutorialby eclecticdesigns158,527 views
- 7:03 How to Make a Floating Illusion Necklace - Jewelry-making Tutorialby eclecticdesigns262,957 views
- 3:53 How to Make a Continuous Daisy Chain Necklace -- A Jewelry-making Tutorialby eclecticdesigns72,404 views
- 34:03 Pulsera De Lujo Con Perlasby KoketoBeads25,867 views
- 26:03 Beaded Daisy Chain Stitch Tutorialby beadifulnights275,565 views
- 150 videos Play all Beaded Jewelryby terasinas
- 1:41:19 Hammered Textured Metal - Beaducation.comby beaducation14,855 views
- 18:18 Spring Flower Earrings Howtoby TCBeads423,755 views
- 5:11 Make a Simple Daisy Necklaceby Beads Unlimited72,606 views
- 26:30 Parisian Lights Bracelet Tutorialby Jill Wiseman2,833 views
- 33:10 5 Stitch Wrap Braceletby beadshop1196,067 views
- 20:10 Triple Shamballa Bracelet . Тройной Шамбала браслетby Svetlana McDaniel159,526 views
- 7:02 Beaded Chevron Bracelet with Fringeby TCBeads164,098 views
- 3:39:55 The Indian Warsby HistoryFeed148,671 views
- 5:57 Wire Wrap Braceletby Liz Kreate81,605 views
- 17:31 Beaded Earrings Tutorial: How to make the Wheel earrings (Brick Stitch) | Beading Tutorialby Sara Spoltore157,343 views
- 14:54 como hacer ANIMALITOS con CUENTAS "GATITA" facil de hacerby Luzbebe199070,887 views
- 7:50 How to Bead Weave a Daisy Chainby Beadaholique167,495 views