- 1 Best reaction to Google Glass: Ron Richards fro... by Jean-Louis Nguyen
- 2 WCAX Vermont - Seeing the world through Google ... by Jean-Louis Nguyen
- 3 Zeitgeist 2012: Year In Review (Shorter Edit fo... by Jean-Louis Nguyen
- 4 Yahoo! Year In Review: Inspiring & Astounding M... by Jean-Louis Nguyen
- 5 2012: What Brought Us Together by Jean-Louis Nguyen
- 6 Marissa Mayer: Why Google Maps is far ahead on ... by Jean-Louis Nguyen
- 7 Montage: Unboxing the Nexus 7 is fun! by Jean-Louis Nguyen
- 8 Follow-up: 20 more voice searches on Jelly Bean by Jean-Louis Nguyen
- ▶ How to impress your friends: 40+ voice searches... by Jean-Louis Nguyen
- 10 Marissa Mayer remembers search engines in 1999.... by Jean-Louis Nguyen
- 11 Verizon finally releases the Galaxy Nexus: Dimi... by Jean-Louis Nguyen
- 12 Canada's Triumph (CTV Commemorative DVD Intro) by Jean-Louis Nguyen
- 13 Compilation of Canada's Reactions to Hockey Gol... by Jean-Louis Nguyen
- 14 Compilation of Canada's Reactions to Hockey Gol... by Jean-Louis Nguyen
- 15 Instrumental Song from CTV Vancouver 2010 Steph... by Jean-Louis Nguyen
- 16 Instrumental Song from NBC Vancouver 2010 Intro... by Jean-Louis Nguyen
- 17 Instrumental Song from CTV Vancouver 2010 Intro... by Jean-Louis Nguyen
- 18 Coca Cola's Vancouver Winter Olympics Snowball ... by Jean-Louis Nguyen
- 19 Stephen Brunt - CTV / Sportsnet Final Video Essay by Jean-Louis Nguyen
- 20 BBC Closing Credits - Vancouver 2010 by Jean-Louis Nguyen
- 21 Stephen Brunt Video Essay: What these Games mea... by Jean-Louis Nguyen
- 22 Believe in Vancouver 2010 - For Our Country and... by Jean-Louis Nguyen
- 23 Corsair Boeing 747 from Montreal Landing at Orl... by Jean-Louis Nguyen
- 24 Best movie villains, past and present by Jean-Louis Nguyen
- 25 Our closest relatives on film by Jean-Louis Nguyen
- 26 Flags of Our Fathers (Music Sample) by Jean-Louis Nguyen
- 27 Flags of Our Fathers (Featurette) by Jean-Louis Nguyen
- 28 Flags of Our Fathers (TV Spot 2) by Jean-Louis Nguyen
- 29 Flags of Our Fathers (TV Spot 1) by Jean-Louis Nguyen
- 30 Flags of Our Fathers (New US Trailer) by Jean-Louis Nguyen
How to impress your friends: 40+ voice searches on Jelly Bean
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 2, 2012
Find me on Google+: https://plus.google.com/1001307629724...
I never make videos, but felt compelled to share the many new voice capabilities on +Android, some of which were not demoed on stage during Google I/O 2012. You may be surprised by some answers, notably those provided by the Knowledge Graph. This is not a performance or comparison test (I don't have an iPhone 4S or a Samsung Galaxy S3).
UPDATE: July 5, 2012. CaptainPrad has posted a question-by-question comparison video using Siri. Check his video response below or click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gsxuC... . Thanks for making it!
Also, sorry about the quality. My old Canon PowerShot does NOT do justice to the beautiful screen on the Galaxy Nexus.
Disclaimer: the only edits I made were to cut time between each of my queries, as well as re-order some of the demos from the original order I recorded them in, so they would fit into categories. None of the queries themselves have been edited or cut down, and the sequences are intact. The processing time happened exactly as you see. This demo is made on the early build of Android 4.1 (JRN84D, takju build for Galaxy Nexus I/O edition), on a wifi connection. Consider this beta.
A few observations:
1. Google will give you walking or driving directions directly, if you specify it. Asking for transit or biking directions does not work at the moment.
2. Google is able to distinguish how 'long' a bridge is in length vs. how 'long' a movie is in duration. That's assuming the data already exists in the KG.
3. Local search, coupled with auto-correct, is able to properly locate and spell 'Worcester Mass' and 'Wooster College', even though these places are in different states and can be pronounced the same way (or at least, I did).
4. The voice will speak back any answer it finds in the KG; however, Google currently requires that your query somewhat matches the way attributes are labeled in the Graph. For example, asking for the 'height requirement' of Space Mountain works, but asking 'how tall do I have to be for Space Mountain' does not work at the moment, because this particular data is labeled as 'height requirement'.
5. In order for answer cards to work properly, everything on your device (and the Google Now app) must be set to US English. More languages will be available soon.
Standard YouTube License
- 14:45 Siri vs Google Nowby everything4ipod - Tech VideosFeatured 98,600
- 18:20 Google Now vs Samsung S-Voiceby AndroidGalaxyS 47,847 views
- 7:46 Cool Things to Ask Google Nowby qbking77's channel 91,426 views
- 9:19 How To Get A Full Windows Phone Theme For Androidby TheAwesomeHelp 66,940 views
- 13:30 Google Now Has Brand New Voice Commands & Searchby AppJudgment 34,904 views
- 9:03 7 Things You Must Do On Your Google Nexus 7 Tabletby Armando Ferreira 551,922 views
- 19:53 How to Theme your Android Phone like a Super Boss (Galaxy Nexus)by Armando Ferreira 362,491 views
- 6:20 Why Android phones suckby Stephen Ambruzs 493,109 views
- 17:05 How to Theme your Android Phone like a Boss *Galaxy Nexus*by Armando Ferreira 401,623 views
- Google voice search experiments 6 videos771
- 13:40 iOS 6 vs. Jelly Beanby Pocketnow Video 1,155,272 views
- 7:49 iOS' Siri vs Android's Voice Actions vs Windows Phone's Tellmeby PhoneBuff 99,615 views
- 10:13 Google Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean): Walkthroughby DetroitBORG 151,746 views
- 7:24 Five Nexus 7 Tips & Tricksby everything4ipod - Tech Videos 164,095 views
- 8:37 Google Now Voice Search Hands Onby Welcome To SlashGear Videos! 38,970 views
- 4:39 Google Now Overview on the Nexus 7by talkandroid's channel 20,520 views
- 16:26 Siri Vs Google Voice Search Vs S-Voice on iPhone 4S Vs Galaxy Nexus Vs S3by advicesmedia 104,381 views
- 9:06 Google I/O 2013 Keynote Part 10: Google Search Voiceby madhaval 2,751 views
- 5:28 Google Now and the predictive future of searchby TheVerge 114,413 views
- 2:34 Google nowby Martin Oppitz 4,487 views
- 13:12 Android Vs iOS The Truth about Apple and Google's OS Part 1 of 5by Armando Ferreira 977,600 views
- Loading more suggestions...