How to impress your friends: 40+ voice searches on Jelly Bean
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 2, 2012
Find me on Google+: https://plus.google.com/1001307629724...
I never make videos, but felt compelled to share the many new voice capabilities on +Android, some of which were not demoed on stage during Google I/O 2012. You may be surprised by some answers, notably those provided by the Knowledge Graph. This is not a performance or comparison test (I don't have an iPhone 4S or a Samsung Galaxy S3).
UPDATE: July 5, 2012. CaptainPrad has posted a question-by-question comparison video using Siri. Check his video response below or click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gsxuC... . Thanks for making it!
Also, sorry about the quality. My old Canon PowerShot does NOT do justice to the beautiful screen on the Galaxy Nexus.
Disclaimer: the only edits I made were to cut time between each of my queries, as well as re-order some of the demos from the original order I recorded them in, so they would fit into categories. None of the queries themselves have been edited or cut down, and the sequences are intact. The processing time happened exactly as you see. This demo is made on the early build of Android 4.1 (JRN84D, takju build for Galaxy Nexus I/O edition), on a wifi connection. Consider this beta.
A few observations:
1. Google will give you walking or driving directions directly, if you specify it. Asking for transit or biking directions does not work at the moment.
2. Google is able to distinguish how 'long' a bridge is in length vs. how 'long' a movie is in duration. That's assuming the data already exists in the KG.
3. Local search, coupled with auto-correct, is able to properly locate and spell 'Worcester Mass' and 'Wooster College', even though these places are in different states and can be pronounced the same way (or at least, I did).
4. The voice will speak back any answer it finds in the KG; however, Google currently requires that your query somewhat matches the way attributes are labeled in the Graph. For example, asking for the 'height requirement' of Space Mountain works, but asking 'how tall do I have to be for Space Mountain' does not work at the moment, because this particular data is labeled as 'height requirement'.
5. In order for answer cards to work properly, everything on your device (and the Google Now app) must be set to US English. More languages will be available soon.
Standard YouTube License
- 19:32 Il politico Brignano v/s la comica ravetto - Io vado a casa di Beppe grillo!by 884C25281,263 views
- 7:40 Google Now vs. Siri: The results speak for themselvesby CNET344,280 views
- 14:45 Siri vs Google Nowby everything4ipod164,724 views
- 7:46 Cool Things to Ask Google Nowby Qbking77 (Tim Schofield)138,284 views
- 6:38 Rampage Jackson Slapping MMA Interviewerby KarqinAper513,603 views
- 13:36 Annie Lööf vs Jimmie Åkesson - Fakta massinvandringen 2011by stoppasvenskrasismen45,835 views
- 7:44 Siri vs Google Now!!! Round 2 - FIGHT! - Soldier's Tech Battlefieldby What's the Big Deal?66,827 views
- 5:38 Playing Games On Android With An Xbox 360 Controllerby PhoneBuff692,751 views
- 9:29 Okay Google Now - walkthroughby SlashGear66,103 views
- 6:50 Face Off: Hilarious Siri Vs. Google Searchby AppJudgment657,559 views
- 9:03 7 Things You Must Do On Your Google Nexus 7 Tabletby Armando Ferreira754,734 views
- 10:19 l Catch & Remove FBI Moneypak Virus Easily, Live Latest Updated!by lenfarneth296,562 views
- 6:59 Siri vs Google Voice Search!by Marques Brownlee408,465 views
- 10:06 Google Voice Search Revisited by Jean-Louis Nguyen103,716 views
- 3:23 Montage: Unboxing the Nexus 7 is fun!by Jean-Louis Nguyen1,779,555 views
- 5:33 Charice and Celine Dion duet at Madison Square Garden (HD)by Geckos913312,281,248 views
- 4:25 Follow-up: 20 more voice searches on Jelly Beanby Jean-Louis Nguyen80,832 views
- 13:30 Google Now Has Brand New Voice Commands & Searchby AppJudgment45,456 views
- 1:04 Stan Efferding "Rhino" 495 pound incline bench press x 5 reps.by efferding7826266,047 views
- 3:02 How to make a solar usb charger!by SolarBrother1111,598 views
- Loading more suggestions...