How to impress your friends: 40+ voice searches on Jelly Bean
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 2, 2012
Find me on Google+: https://plus.google.com/1001307629724...
I never make videos, but felt compelled to share the many new voice capabilities on +Android, some of which were not demoed on stage during Google I/O 2012. You may be surprised by some answers, notably those provided by the Knowledge Graph. This is not a performance or comparison test (I don't have an iPhone 4S or a Samsung Galaxy S3).
UPDATE: July 5, 2012. CaptainPrad has posted a question-by-question comparison video using Siri. Check his video response below or click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gsxuC... . Thanks for making it!
Also, sorry about the quality. My old Canon PowerShot does NOT do justice to the beautiful screen on the Galaxy Nexus.
Disclaimer: the only edits I made were to cut time between each of my queries, as well as re-order some of the demos from the original order I recorded them in, so they would fit into categories. None of the queries themselves have been edited or cut down, and the sequences are intact. The processing time happened exactly as you see. This demo is made on the early build of Android 4.1 (JRN84D, takju build for Galaxy Nexus I/O edition), on a wifi connection. Consider this beta.
A few observations:
1. Google will give you walking or driving directions directly, if you specify it. Asking for transit or biking directions does not work at the moment.
2. Google is able to distinguish how 'long' a bridge is in length vs. how 'long' a movie is in duration. That's assuming the data already exists in the KG.
3. Local search, coupled with auto-correct, is able to properly locate and spell 'Worcester Mass' and 'Wooster College', even though these places are in different states and can be pronounced the same way (or at least, I did).
4. The voice will speak back any answer it finds in the KG; however, Google currently requires that your query somewhat matches the way attributes are labeled in the Graph. For example, asking for the 'height requirement' of Space Mountain works, but asking 'how tall do I have to be for Space Mountain' does not work at the moment, because this particular data is labeled as 'height requirement'.
5. In order for answer cards to work properly, everything on your device (and the Google Now app) must be set to US English. More languages will be available soon.
Standard YouTube License
- 14:45 Siri vs Google Nowby everything4ipodFeatured 95,459
- 3:25:35 Google I/O 2013: Keynoteby GoogleDevelopers 519,487 views
- 7:46 Cool Things to Ask Google Nowby qbking77 89,250 views
- 7:25 SKYRIM: Hidden Daedric Forge, Easy Daedra Heartsby Mattstrats 440,430 views
- 4:55:28 Google I/O 2013 Keynoteby CNETTV 34,333 views
- 6:20 Why Android phones suckby Stephen Ambruzs 491,199 views
- 13:30 Google Now Has Brand New Voice Commands & Searchby AppJudgment 34,904 views
- 18:20 Google Now vs Samsung S-Voiceby AndroidGalaxyS 47,847 views
- 9:03 7 Things You Must Do On Your Google Nexus 7 Tabletby Armando Ferreira 551,751 views
- Google voice search experiments 6 videos771
- 19:53 How to Theme your Android Phone like a Super Boss (Galaxy Nexus)by Armando Ferreira 358,341 views
- 10:13 Google Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean): Walkthroughby DetroitBORG 151,299 views
- 13:40 iOS 6 vs. Jelly Beanby pocketnowvideo 1,151,471 views
- 7:49 iOS' Siri vs Android's Voice Actions vs Windows Phone's Tellmeby PhoneBuff 99,615 views
- 7:36 Google I/O 2013 Keynote Part 11: Google Search Voice Demoby madhaval 3,386 views
- 17:05 How to Theme your Android Phone like a Boss *Galaxy Nexus*by Armando Ferreira 399,160 views
- 7:24 Five Nexus 7 Tips & Tricksby everything4ipod 163,658 views
- 2:06:31 Google I/O 2012 - Keynote Day 1by GoogleDevelopers 539,016 views
- 5:28 Google Now and the predictive future of searchby TheVerge 114,357 views
- 9:06 Google I/O 2013 Keynote Part 10: Google Search Voiceby madhaval 2,751 views
- 8:37 Google Now Voice Search Hands Onby SlashGear 38,184 views
- Loading more suggestions...