How to Study for a Long Time without Getting Bored
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 25, 2010
See what you can learn on the go with the new Howcast App for iPhone and iPad: http://bit.ly/11ZmFOu
Watch more How to Study videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/73-How-...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://bit.ly/uLaHRS
Facts and figures starting to blend together in a horrible haze? Here's how to keep from getting lost in brain space.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://bit.ly/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Dance & Entertainment Channel - http://bit.ly/vmB86i
Howcast Family Channel - http://bit.ly/16dz9oH
Howcast Food & Drink Channel - http://bit.ly/umBoJX
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://bit.ly/vbbNt3
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://bit.ly/vKjUjm
Howcast Tech Channel - http://bit.ly/rx9FwR
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://bit.ly/tYKKrk
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Eradicate distractions
Enter a fortress of solitude -- research shows that low-level distractions can make a task feel boring. Hide your cellphone, tell your online social network to de-friend you instantly if they see you log in, and seal yourself in a quiet room.
If you're planning a really long cramming session, break it up with a nap. One study found an hour's worth of shut-eye can increase your ability to focus.
Step 2: Embrace your emotions
Emotional entanglement distracting you? Admit how you're feeling, even out loud -- those who can identify how they feel often have better focus.
Step 3: Engage yourself
Don't just take notes; engage with the material creatively. Invent a song about the topic at hand, or recreate historical events and fictional plotlines. It's easier to stay interested when you make the material come alive.
Step 4: Take a shower
Studied so long you've stopped absorbing material? Take a shower -- the change of pace will stimulate your mind and help refresh your body.
Step 5: Make up a challenge
Make a game out of your work to stave off boredom. Try to score higher and higher throughout your study session, and be sure to reward your triumphs. You've earned it!
Did You Know?
In 2009, a study found that nearly 50 percent of college freshmen that drink spent more time drinking than studying.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:43 How to Pass the Test When You Haven't Read the Bookby Howcast Featured 875,691
- 2:50 How to Wake Up Early When You Absolutely Have Toby Howcast1,167,916 views
- 2:03 How to Make Homework Less Workby Howcast1,142,559 views
- 1:52 How to Study Effectivelyby Howcast344,211 views
- 35:38 How to Double Your Brain Power! (Great Stuff!) - Part 1by MindPowerWords1,158,308 views
- 1:22 How to Win a Prize from a Crane Machineby Howcast816,808 views
- 4:38 How to Study for a Testby watchwellcast203,407 views
- 2:25 How to Pick a Lockby Howcast11,072,242 views
- 6:44 3 Ways How To Keep Your Focus While Studyingby faststudyskills221,454 views
- 2:07 How to Get Good Gradesby Howcast369,095 views
- 5:07 12 Things I wish my Students Knewby memorylearning508,381 views
- 2:14 How to Do the Mind Control Trickby Howcast534,465 views
- 2:48 How to remember what you readby Howdini425,289 views
- Barbara Dianis 3 videos58
- 1:05 How to Avoid Getting Called On in Classby Howcast827,675 views
- 1:59 How to Stop Being Lazyby Howcast523,531 views
- 8:57 7 secrets to improve memorizationby MichelleMotivateMe436,743 views
- 1:45 How to Fall Asleep Fastby Howcast1,853,252 views
- 9:29 Taking Kyle out driving on his learner's permitby Dan Clark49,641 views
- 2:16 How to Survive a School or Office Shootingby Howcast542,127 views