Published on Dec 24, 2012
Rules of the challenge:
1. Must start at SL 1.
2. Must play through normally, no BB glitch or save editing.
3. Must earn the right to level using the point system.
- One shotting a boss gives 2 points.
- Two shotting a boss gives 1 point.
- One shotting a mini boss gives 1 point.
- Use this list for what constitutes as a mini boss(http://darksouls.wikidot.com/bosses).
- Anything that respawns does not give points for obvious reasons.
- I originally took out the Giant rat and included the Berenike Knight, but for simplicity I'm switching it back. This way the mini-boss list is perfect as is and there will be no more confusion. If you already did it the other way it's fine, both are easy to kill.
- Boss fights with multiple opponents allow for 1 hit on each to count for a "one shot". However you aren't allowed 2 hits on each boss for a "two shot" kill. In that situation you must still one shot at least one of them to get the point.
- 4 Kings counts as a double boss, same as O&S.
- Causing an enemy to fall off a cliff due to your attack counts. Purposely trying to make an enemy fall on their own does not.
4. Single attacks with multiple hits count as one attack(ripostes, firestorm, homing soul mass, etc... Since "one attack challenge" sounds lame, I just called it "one shot challenge".
5. When you reach a point in the game where you are stuck and can't progress due to not being able to take any of the remaining bosses down in 2 or less hits, the challenge is over.
6. The goal is not necessarily to win the game, it is simply to gain the most amount of points before you cannot make any further progress. This requires a bit of strategy and forethought as opposed to pure skill.
7. No you may not summon a friend to use the trident dance buff on you.