Uploaded on Nov 3, 2009
Sensei Avi Rokah #1 student of legendary Master Nishiyama for 27 years, is sharing his vast knowledge of shotokan karate.
Avi is known as master of timing/distance/strategy and is considered by many as the worlds most knowledgeable instructor. Avi is 1994 world champion and 5 time US National Champion. Many of his students are world and national champions.
The best technique is useless if not applied with proper timing and distance; anyone regardless of natural talent can master timing/distance/ strategy by understanding and digesting the principles taught in this DVD series.
You will learn how to:
· Be ahead of your opponent in every encounter.
· Control the rhythm of the fight.
· Use distance and timing to your advantage.
· Capitalize on every action of your opponent.
· Make strategy and set your opponent up, according to his tendencies.
· Use footwork to control the distance and timing.
· Use breath to anticipate the opponents timing, to keep stable emotions and initiate your technique from the ground and center without back motion.
· Win in dojo sparring, competition or self defense by skill not relying on size and strength.
Both beginner and advanced students will truly enjoy the instructional dvd series to come!