About the Maldives: Dream Holidays to the Islands of the Maldives!
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 18, 2011
Are you planing your dream holiday to the Maldives? Book your holiday in the Maldives with best price guarantee at http://www.MaldivesDiveTravel.com
About the Maldives:
There is something magical about the islands of the Maldives and if you have been there already we are sure you'll agree. For those who haven't been there yet this clip gives you are quick run down on the most common questions people have about the Maldives. Where are the Maldives? When is the best time to travel to the Maldives? This travel & tourism information video answers all your questions relating to holidays in the Maldives. Many say the best way to explore the Maldives is cruising the Atolls on a liveaboard yacht.
Where are the Maldives?
Maldives diving is known to be amongst the best in the world. Many divers know where is maldives how to get there.
Where is the Maldives located south east of Sri Lanka in the blue waters of the indian Ocean. Everything about the maldives is beautiful, above and below sea level.
With its abundant marine life and white sandy beaches, the Maldives is many people's idea of paradise on earth.
A group of small islands dotted around the warm waters of the Indian Ocean, about 450km south-west of Sri Lanka, the islands of the maldives are home to a community of just 314,000 people.
Holidays to the Maldives:
The Maldivian economy evolves around two main business sectors: tourism and fishing. Tourism is the main source of income in the Maldives and with average temperatures of around 29 degrees Celsius, (that's about 85 degrees Farenheit) the holiday season never ends.
Despite having seen rapid social, economic and cultural changes since it first welcomed tourists in the 1970s, Maldivian society remains firmly rooted in local traditions and Muslim faith.
The major language is Divehi, although English is spoken in all hotels and most shops. Divehi is infused with words deriving from Arabic, French, Persian, Portuguese and English, stemming from the flow of foreign traders who passed through the Maldives over the centuries.
30 percent of Maldivians live in the capital city Male, a bustling metropolis with busy markets and shops -- a far cry from the tranquility of local fishing villages and resort islands. The city makes for a good day trip to enjoy some shopping, sightseeing and people-watching.
The main attractions, however, lie elsewhere. The Maldives are blessed with unique natural beauty: crystal clear waters and thousands of colorful coral reefs are studded with 1,200 pristine islands, of which only 200 are inhabited.
There are now more than 80 tourist resorts in the Maldives, many of which count among the most luxurious holiday retreats on the planet. Maldivian resorts are known for their friendly staff, gourmet cuisine and sophisticated facilities. No wonder they attract honeymooners and other romantics from all over the world.
But the Maldives are not only famous for lavish resorts: they are also one of the world's top destinations for scuba diving. Sprawling labyrinths of coral reefs teem with a myriad marine species. For many, the highlight of their trip is an encounter with whalesharks and mantas, the gentle giants of the ocean. The waters are also home to dolphins, sharks, turtles and barracudas -- enough excitement to keep people coming back for more.
Seafaring and exploration are part of the country's DNA, so it comes as little surprise that liveaboard cruises are a big attraction in the Maldives. The sense of adventure, freedom and pure relaxation found onboard such cruises is unique. Anchoring at a different lagoon every day and having access to the country's top dive sites offers a brilliant holiday experience, especially in combination with attentive service, mouth-watering food and great on-board facilities.
Spending a week or more cruising around the atolls is the best way to get to know the country. Most liveaboard trips include visits to local fishing villages as well as unforgettable evenings on uninhabited islands.
A holiday in the Maldives will leave you convinced that paradise truly is a place on earth.
Visit http://www.MaldivesDiveTravel.com for the best prices on scuba diving trips to the Maldives!
Standard YouTube License
- 1:41:51 Maldives Vs Nepal (Full Match) - SAFF Championship 2011 (Match 2)by SAFF ChampionshipFeatured 44,942
- Maldives Videos in HD 15 videos477
- 10:02 Cockpit Chronicles: Why I've fallen for the MD-80by fly4fun 23,238 views
- 11:12 Cockpit 747-400 Miami Night Departure and Take-off.by The Sky's is the Most Beautiful Home in the World... 31,021 views
- 4:37 Best of Maldives Luxury Resorts-Baros Maldives Maldives Resorts Private luxury Islandby MALDIVES Resort and Hotels 22,394 views
- 5:30 AMAZING A330 Maldives Cockpit Landing HD !by dnhug 572,967 views
- 4:17 Maldives: Paradise on Earth (Full version)by Frankie Tran 1,993 views
- 44:53 Lonely Planet Six Degrees Thailandby mataleo27 43,433 views
- 7:05 Into the blue in Maldivesby ndtvgoodtimes 19,094 views
- 53 videos Play all Maldivesby travel2country
- 18:13 Lufthansa A333by Kênh của HVN143 619,444 views
- 3:36 Constance Moofushi Resort, Maldives - Destinologyby destinologyholidays 14,704 views
- 5:33 HD 737 Cockpit Scenesby golfcharlie232 438,929 views
- 5:54 747 takeoff cockpit viewby nua4s 3,402,686 views
- 2:19 Natalie Tran in the Maldives with Lonely Planetby Lonely Planet 282,693 views
- 14:22 Cockpit A330 Lufthansa Approche-Atterrissage Seattleby AFpilote 361,350 views
- 4:49 Velassaru Maldives HD Videoby DreamingofMaldives 6,530 views
- 9:19 Epic Holiday's in the Maldives!by Epic PC Cases 4,809 views
- 5:10 Huvafen Fushi Maldives HD.mp4by Maldives Videos in HD 17,798 views
- 14:58 Maldives Diving August 2011 - Part 1by grahamlyth 5,725 views
- 2:12 Maldives president quits after protestsby Al Jazeera English 4,986 views
- 17:37 Lufthansa A330-300 Extraordinary Takeoff from Munich Airport!by dantorp11 2,929 views
- Loading more suggestions...