Mugwort soup and mugwort rice cake (Ssukguk: 쑥국)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 8, 2011
Here are my written recipes of these 2 dishes and some photos!
Mugwort soup recipe: http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/ssukguk
Mugwort rice cake recipe: http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/ssukbe...
"Mugwort soup / 쑥국 / Ssukguk (or sookgook)"
Ingredients for 2 servings (cooking time: 30 minutes):
Mugwort, clams, dried anchovies, onion, soybean paste, flour, garlic, green or red chili pepper,perilla seeds powder
1. Place 12-13 small clams in a bowl. Add 1 cup of water and 1 ts salt and mix well. Soak for 1 hour to let the clams spit out any sand or mud.
2. Wash and clean 3-4 cups of mugwort thoroughly by washing thoroughly and rinsing and draining in cold running water a couple of times. You may need to scrub it by hand to remove any residual dirt from between the leaves. Put it in a bowl and set aside
3. Make anchovy stock:
o Put 6 cups of water into a pot.
o Add ½ cup's worth of chopped onion (about ½ an onion) and 10 large dried anchovies (with guts and heads removed) to the pot.
o Boil for 20 minutes over high heat.
4. Gently mix the mugwort with ¼ cup soy bean paste, 1 tbs flour, 3 cloves of minced garlic, and 2 tbs perilla seeds powder (optional).
5. Strain the stock so it's clear and a little brownish. Put it back in the pot and reheat it.
6. Add the seasoned mugwort mixture to the boiling stock.
7. Wash and drain the clams and put them into the soup.
8. Cook 5-7 minutes more, then add chopped green or red chili pepper.
9. Transfer the soup to a bowl and serve with rice and a few more side dishes.
"Mugwort rice cake / 쑥버물 / Ssukbeomul"
Fresh mugwort (ssuk), sweet rice flour, sugar, salt, and water.
1. Clean 2 cups of mugwort (70 grams) by washing thoroughly and rinsing and draining in cold running water a couple of times. You may need to scrub it by hand to remove any residual dirt from between the leaves.
2. Slightly squeeze the clean mugwort and put it on a microwavable plate.
3. Add 1/3 cup sweet rice flour, 1 tbs sugar, ¼ ts salt, and 2 tbs water.
4. Mix it up with both hands until there's no sweet rice flour left at the bottom of the plate.
5. Cook it for 3-4 minutes in the microwave oven.
6. Take it off the plate and turn it over with a spoon or spatula.
7. Serve it hot.
Standard YouTube License
- 7:04 Emergency kimchiby Maangchi Featured 318,293
- 10:53 Kimchiby Maangchi1,286,460 views
- 7:56 Braised mackerel with radish (고등어무조림)by Maangchi72,336 views
- 6:08 Soybean sprout soup (kongnamulguk:콩나물국)by Maangchi99,162 views
- 8:17 Fermented squid side dish (오징어젓)by Maangchi110,891 views
- 21:38 Bún Chap Chae - Vegetarian Glass Noodle w/CathyHaby Cathy Ha38,079 views
- 23:49 How To Make Kimchiby Linda's Pantry39,044 views
- 6:35 Chicken and rice porridge (dakjuk: 닭죽)by Maangchi171,485 views
- 9:15 Fresh fish feast (Hoe: 회)by Maangchi53,492 views
- 9:58 Korean ginger cookies ("maejakgwa":매작과)by Maangchi91,547 views
- 8:03 Braised chicken with vegetables (Dakjjim: 닭찜)by Maangchi230,766 views
- 8:50 Spicy raw fish soup (mulhoe: 물회)by Maangchi56,056 views
- 5:45 Cubed radish kimchi (kkakdugi: 깍두기)by Maangchi133,632 views
- 5:19 How to make Korean hot pepper paste (Gochujang:고추장)by Maangchi182,085 views
- 9:12 Korean beef barbecue ("LA Galbi": 갈비)by Maangchi439,870 views
- 4:21 Green onion pancake (Pajeon: 파전)by Maangchi155,430 views
- 10:34 Spicy braised chicken (dakbokkeumtang: 닭볶음탕)by Maangchi179,255 views
- 7:15 Soondubu jjigae (hot and spicy soft tofu stew: 순두부찌개)by Maangchi768,165 views
- 6:41 Candied sweet potatoes (Matang: 마탕)by Maangchi113,957 views
- 10:10 Cooking bulgogi and bulgogi stewby Maangchi263,524 views
- Loading more suggestions...