Judge Napolitano on Obama's Extension of Warrantless Wiretapping: 'Absolutely Unconstitutional'
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jan 8, 2013
Judge Andrew Napolitano stopped by Fox Business Network's Varney & Co. to weigh in on President Obama signing a five-year extension of the government's warrantless wiretapping program. In doing so, the judge said Obama is continuing with a practice that is "absolutely unconstitutional" and a violation of the Fourth Amendment's protection against unreasonable search and seizure.
Napolitano explained that the government can listen to any phone call or read any email from a person in the United States to a person outside the country even without a search warrant.
Varney asked what justification the government has for this practice.
"(It is) an absurd, nativist, racist belief that Americans who deal with foreigners are more likely to be a danger to the security of the country than Americans who don't deal with foreigners. That's preposterous," said Napolitano.
That prompted Varney to ask whether this type of eavesdropping has yielded information that ultimately stopped a terror attack.
"The government will say 'yes' but it won't produce the evidence because it claims it's secret. So you believe it if you want. ... I don't believe it at all. And if it were so, it would violate your Fourth Amendment privilege to be free from unreasonable search and seizure," said Napolitano.
January 8, 2013
My Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Eduardo89rp
Fair Use Disclaimer:
This video may contain copyrighted material. This material is made available for educational, research, and news reporting purposes only. This constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 of the US Copyright Law which allows citizens to reproduce, distribute or exhibit portions of copyright motion pictures, video tapes, or video disks under certain circumstances without authorization of the copyright holder.
Standard YouTube License
- 20:00 Mass Blanket Surveillance - Obama is NOT the 'Change' We Believed Inby The Young Turks Featured 77,991
- 3:09:04 Ademo Freeman "Wiretapping" Trial 2012 - RAW VIDEOby FreeKeene19,444 views
- 3:53 Judge Napolitano: Obama Doesn't Believe in the 2nd Amendmentby djgabrielpresents7,680 views
- 48:05 Glenn Greenwald on Domestic Surveillance: NSA Warrantless Wiretapping Controversy (2006)by The Film Archive2,779 views
- 24:59 Judge Napolitano: Why Taxation is Theft, Abortion is Murder, & Gov't is Dangerousby ReasonTV116,703 views
- 14:51 Judge Napolitano Exposing 9-11 Cover-Up With Col. Anthony Shafferby nwotaser90,001 views
- 7:57 Judge Napolitano: Rand Paul Can Lead Us To An Era Of Prosperity, Happiness & Small Governmentby Eduardo89rp8,289 views
- 4:35 Ret. Marine Absolutely Owns CNN Anchor On 2nd Amendment - "Unconstitutional Laws Aren't Laws"by Mat Larson751,076 views
- 3:09 Judge Napolitano: Trillion Dollar Coin Proposal "Would Be Economically Catastrophic"by LeakSourceNews1,697 views
- 14:51 Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan On Gun Control - CNN 1/7/2013by Eduardo89rp832,850 views
- 25:22 Ron Paul on The Alex Jones Show - 1/9/2013by Eduardo89rp14,867 views
- 5:36 Judge Napolitano On Spending: 'You Don't Cut Cancer Out One Cell At A Time, You Cut It All Out'by Eduardo89rp2,039 views
- 5:23 Judge Napolitano Reacts to NY Times Criticism "Either We Have a 2nd Amendment or We Don't"by selfownership130,070 views
- 6:36 Judge Napolitano on Government Killing Americansby djgabrielpresents8,371 views
- 4:12 Judge Napolitano and Geraldo Rivera discuss Building 7by BuildingWhat32,608 views
- 10:30 Exclusive: Why Judge Andrew Napolitano Was Fired!by TheAlexJonesChannel247,943 views
- 4:34 Can Texas Secede? Judge Napolitano says yesby teaparty3org46,988 views
- 2:08 Judge Napolitano on NY Paper Outing Gun Owners: 'Invites Retaliation Against Law-Abiding Citizens'by Eduardo89rp1,251 views
- 8:39 COP WATCH Traffic Stop & Search No Probable Causeby jpcfourth5,339 views
- 2:01 Is Your Phone Tapped?by ForbiddenKnowledgeTV39,678 views
- Loading more suggestions...