Constructal Theory in Relation to Metaphysics (Halsmer and Odom)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 7, 2012
Constructal Theory in Relation to Metaphysics and a Christian Worldview (Dominic Halsmer and Wesley Odom, Oral Roberts University)
Constructal Theory as stated by its formulator Adrian Bejan says, "For a finite-size system to persist in time (to live), it must evolve in such a way that it provides easier access to the imposed currents that flow through it." Common examples are that of a how a river flows and the growth pattern of a tree. In order for a river to continue to flow it needs to overcome several forces and become faster and deeper, eroding away more of the earth to allow better flow. Continual reduction of imperfections is needed to counteract the effect of the Second Law of Thermodynamics.
The effects described by the Constructal Theory are similar to the Christian concept of how the Holy Spirit is thought to flow through an individual. Examples of this are given in Luke when the Holy Spirit filled John the Baptist. Other examples included when power flowed out of Jesus when a women touched the hem of his garment in 5:30 "...Jesus realized that power had gone out from him." A small pool cut off from the source dries up, but if the source continues to flow it either grows larger or overflows. The same can be said of Christians. Without a continual flow from God, life will dry up, but if the flow grows and develop it will spread. The motif of a tree can be seen in John 14:15 where Jesus states "I am the vine and you are the branches."
Flow always involves some driving force behind it. Life must have some drive that causes it to continue flowing. Jesus spoke about true life, or real life, as something that is deeper than the physical realm; something that is obtained, not simply by the continual intake of air, food and water, but by a vital relationship with the maker. A Christian worldview seems to be consistent with a maker who is engineering the universe, and human beings in particular, using the Constructal Law.
Standard YouTube License
- 5:04:22 hacia mi magica presencia SAINT GERMAINby manolo rojas5,880 views
- 3:06:06 Abraham. The Secret Behind The Secret FULL MOVIEby Abraham Channel54,654 views
- 1:26:22 laws of attractionby guessme553,192 views
- 2:29:36 Mind Science Kept Hidden Documentary.WE ARE VIBRATIONAL BEINGS.Law of attraction/vibesby SIRIUS OLMEC1,013,502 views
- 51:07 Truth, Beauty, and the Reflection of God in Architecture (Hall)by blythinstitute325 views
- 5:45:06 libro de oro saint germain completoby manolo rojas152,604 views
- 47:12 The Blind Watchmaker, by Richard Dawkins (High Quality)by LibertarianSara41,282 views
- 33:35 Proposed Information Metric: Conditional Kolmogorov Complexity (Ewert)by blythinstitute284 views
- 31:40 Engineering and Theology: Approximations to Reality (Jordan)by blythinstitute124 views
- 37:49 The Process of Programming: Using Turing Oracles in Cognitive Models of Problem-Solving (Bartlett)by blythinstitute269 views
- 33:02 The Design of the Simplest Self-Replicator (Mignea)by blythinstitute509 views
- 30:15 The Problem of Evil and Suffering from an Engineering Perspective (Halsmer)by blythinstitute244 views
- 37:32 Collecting Active Information from Intelligent Agents (Holloway)by blythinstitute220 views
- 1:15:26 RE-EDUCATE YOUR SOUL Guided Meditation 3D Sound 1000's Of I AM Affirmations PURE MAGIC Paul Santisiby Paul Santisi288,245 views
- 47:51 Unique Ways for Engineers to Bring Healing (Bradley)by blythinstitute80 views
- 1:10:04 3D SOUND 1000's Of Positive Affirmations Meditation Awaken Energy Vibration Luck Health Paul Santisiby Paul Santisi169,419 views
- 10:12 LECCIÓN 5,METAFÍSICA PARA EL DINERO, METAFISICA PARA LA ABUNDANCIA, ENERGIA DE LA NUEVA ERAby armandmaci6,035 views
- 1:24:23 Beyond The Secret Law Of Attraction better explainedby TheLovemoonHealth197,074 views
- 1:15:52 The Independence and Proper Roles of Metaphysics (Sich)by blythinstitute313 views
- 40:23 CS4 Talk: Dr Rachel Armstrongby CS4southampton402 views
- Loading more suggestions...