New Book: "Atomic Cover-Up: Two U.S. Soldiers, Hiroshima & Nagasaki"
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 14, 2011
To ORDER BOOK or E-BOOK editions, or read more:
go to amazon.com
In my latest book (print or e-book) "Atomic Cover-Up: Two U.S. Soldiers, Hiroshima & Nagasaki, and The Greatest Movie Never Made," I probe a turning point in U.S. history: the suppression of film footage, for decades, shot by a U.S. Army unit in the atomic cities -- a wrong turn with staggering consequences even today. This is a detective story, a profile of two remarkable military officers, and one of the last little-told stories of World War II. The cover-up even extended to MGM and Hollywood--and to President Truman. And there was no WikiLeaks to get the film aired.
Print book at $13. Or E-book version just $3.99 (for Kindle, all phones, iPads, Blackberry, PCs) at Amazon here: http://amzn.to/omgBsE You do NOT need a KIndle. My email: email@example.com
As co-author of the classic "Hiroshima in America" and eleven other books, I've written about elements of this story for leading newspapers and magazines, but now I tell the full saga here, based on new research -- from the Truman Library to Nagasaki.
Praise for my "Hiroshima in America" book: "A great book" -- Los Angeles Times. "Compelling reading." -- The New York Times. "Excellent." -- The Washington Post. All front page reviews.
The new book opens this way: "This is the story of twenty hours of film footage, blazing with color, shot in Hiroshima and Nagasaki in early 1946 by a U.S. military crew, that would change the lives of many people, including two American soldiers, and me. Its effect on us, and others, is deep and mysterious, because the film was hidden for decades and almost no one could see it, although that is also why its influence on each of us was so profound. While this unique and disturbing color film languished in obscurity, the atomic bombings nearly fell into 'a hole in human history,' as the writer Mary McCarthy observed, and a costly nuclear arms race ensued. A myriad of nuclear threats plague us to this day."
How did this happen? Why? And what did the two military officers, Daniel McGovern and Herbert Sussan, try to do about it, for decades? "Atomic Cover-up" answers all of these questions in a quick-paced but often surprising narrative.
Robert Jay Lifton, author of "Death in Life" (winner of the National Book Award) and numerous other acclaimed books, writes: "Greg Mitchell has been a leading chronicler for many years of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and American behavior toward them. Now he has written the first book devoted to the suppression of historic film footage shot by Japanese and Americans in the atomic cities in 1945 and 1946. This cover-up paved the way for the costly and dangerous nuclear arms race and contributed to the widespread reliance on nuclear power."
Trailer for the book created an edited by Andrew Mitchell. Music, of course, by Beethoven, from piano sonata no. 7.
Standard YouTube License
- 11:41 Last Hiroshima bomber: "I'd do it again"by RTAmericaFeatured 34,997
- 17:17 Hiroshima Aftermath 1946 USAF Filmby Cryptome1 590,341 views
- 3:01 Chomsky explains who U.S. leaders work for and what they have done.by RepresentativePress 74,904 views
- 3:47 Chomsky Hitler History Lessonby RepresentativePress 88,041 views
- 14:05 Columbine 100% proof of conspiracy and coverup Part 2by Jim How 2,726 views
- 32 videos Play all Nuclear Weapons Historyby l8tbraker
- Atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki 21,950 videos124
- 45:09 National Geographic:-Hiroshima Nuclear Apocalypseby Simon Peter 77,316 views
- 11:40 'I'd drop atomic bomb on Hiroshima again if needed' - Enola Gay last living memberby RussiaToday 192,534 views
- 8:49 Japan Desperate to Cover Up Fukushima Nuclear Disaster 9/10/11by MsMilkytheclown 21,328 views
- 6:09 Hiroshima/the atomic bomb: Part Iby James Hilgendorf 370,977 views
- 1:57 First Soviet hydrogen bomb test (1953)by atomicarchive 3,086,872 views
- 6:05 1945 Outstanding Gun Camera Raw Footage from Japan (HD)by UnknownWW2InColor 452,360 views
- 2:21 Hiroshima Atomic Bomb, 1945 - A Day That Shook The World [HD]by britishpathe 937,913 views
- 2:26 Atomic Bomb Testby omgucantbesrs 3,618,652 views
- 2:25 Nuclear Cover-Up Is Going On In Tokyo And Washingtonby PigMine3 4,303 views
- 5:31 Hiroshima Nagasaki Atomic Bomb Fat Man Bockscar-A Guided Tourby IrenaScott 390,016 views
- 4:50 Atomic bombing of Nagasaki - BBCby BBCWorldwide 2,506,349 views
- 5:58 2004 Boxing Day Tsunamiby 747TakeMeAway747 20,317,498 views
- 4:35 Hiroshima: Dropping the Bombby BBCWorldwide 3,347,245 views
- 14:32 Infowars Alert: Fukushima Cover-up - 40 Years of Spent Nuclear Fuel Rods Blown Sky High!! 2/3by TheAlexJonesChannel 22,560 views
- 1:41 Raw Tsunami Video Sri Lanka 2004by rawtsunami 1,384,767 views
- Loading more suggestions...